The NBA Draft Thread

I think Poeltl can be a good starter, Sabonis looks more like a first big man off the bench.

Ingram is going to be really good, and I'd love him on the Celts, but I feel like his shooting ability is a bit overrated...

Agreed, think Ingram's shooting has been overrated a little because Ben's shooting is so non-existent.

His form to me is a little odd and needs some fixing imo, but the kid is still just 18 a full year younger than Ben. If he stayed in college next year, he would destroy.

Ppl talk bout Ingrams shooting cuz they want to compare him to KD

He's not KD, but the advanced and field goal numbers are comparable from KD at Texas.

KD vs BI (both 35 games played)
FG: 47.3/44.2
2PT: 50.5/46.0
3PT: 40.4/41.5
TS%: 58.7/55.4

He's in the park, but I think it's more so his game looks smooth and his frame is very similar so that's where the KD comparisons really come in.

Last edited:
He's not KD, but the advanced and field goal numbers are comparable from KD at Texas.

KD vs BI (both 35 games played)
FG: 47.3/44.2
2PT: 50.5/46.0
3PT: 40.4/41.5
TS%: 58.7/55.4

He's in the park, but I think it's more so his game looks smooth and his frame is very similar so that's where the KD comparisons really come in.

Missing FT% winch is the best predictor for NBA shooting.

81% vs 68%.

I think it's extremely doubtful that Ingram is a KD level shooter.

While Ingram has some Durant to his game, he reminds me a lot of Khris Middleton and Rodney Hood.

I simply wouldn't have the heart to draft

Jaylen Brown
Ivan Rabb
Skal Labisseire.

In the top 20. Too many red flags.

I'm happy I'm not a GM, because passing on them could get you fired, and drafting them could get you fired. Jaylen Brown and Skal strike me as the classic.

#permanentpotential.

always have "potential", never actually reach it.

Knew there was going to be a ton of pressure on the Cal freshmen with their injuries, but Jaylen Brown scored 4 points on 1-6 shooting and fouled out in 17 minutes. Yikes. Rabb played alright, but I'm still not quite sure what he'll be able to do in the pros.

Skal played pretty well against STONY BOOK, but then scored 4 points in 15 minutes against an actual team in which they really needed help from their bigs.

I'd be terrified to draft these dudes in the top 20...

If u drafting one of em you gotta hit on your 2nd rounder or another 1st if u got one , can bring up the good pick/solid picked when you get questions bout this draft :lol:

Like in 2012 , the Warriors GM coulda picked somebody like Royce white as long as he got draymond :lol:

I simply wouldn't have the heart to draft

Skal Labisseire.

In the top 20. Too many red flags.

I'm happy I'm not a GM, because passing on them could get you fired, and drafting them could get you fired. Skal strike me as the classic.

#permanentpotential.

always have "potential", never actually reach it.
dont get me started on this kid...kid should go in the late 2nd. 

CeFHRRUUYAAif67

CeFHRTIUEAAwvpI

Top 20 you're scared to take jaylen brown? Lol who are the 19 others you're much more sold on

This class is weak

We've seen great NBA players have sucky tournaments and one and dones. Dude may not be a sure fire thing but neither are the rest of his peers

Last edited:
bronson koenig such a complete guard
impressed me last yr with increased time, but taken his gm to another level

Top 20 you're scared to take jaylen brown? Lol who are the 19 others you're much more sold on

This class is weak

We've seen great NBA players have sucky tournaments and one and dones. Dude may not be a sure fire thing but neither are the rest of his peers

Exactly :lol:

i dont think Ben Simmons deserved to be NO.1 pick overall,,,YES he has all the talent to be number 1,,but i question his work ethic :rolleyes,,

Why do people keep talking about Work Ethic?  They always said T-Mac didn't have good work ethic and he went out and averaged 32, 6 and 6 for that season

I was getting killed in here a few months ago when I said Skal wouldn't go top 10 :lol:

If he wasn't labeled one of those "potential" guys he'd go undrafted. He's a garbage basketball player. I don't care if he can supposedly shoot from long range at his height if he can't actually use that skill in a real game. Somebody in the top 20 will still probably draft him though because this is such a bad draft and some team like the Celtics or Sixers with multiple first rounders could afford to take the risk.

Never big on skal, but his fall is shocking to me

I always favored Murray as my best Kentucky prospect

Last edited:
The idea of Skal was so damn intriguing too. He's just so behind in his development.

Back
Top Bottom