The NBA Draft Thread

ingram on LSU would've made the team even more of a mess honestly. Nobody on that team to make plays for each other....Simmons at Duke on the other hand would've been very interesting with him play point forward. Lots of open shots for Allen/Kennard/Jones. He would've actually made Duke a scary team.

Kind of hard to judge since we saw Antetdoakfpo as a 19 year old in the NBA vs seeing Simmons at 19 on the college level. Who's to say if Antetdoakfpo came to the us, played hs ball, and went one and done, that he wouldnt be a top 3 pick and viewed as a potential superstar as well?
You're agreeing with what I'm saying to a degree, I'm more of the opinion that Simmons has a higher ceiling even though both are extremely young. I just happen to think Simmons is ahead of the curve when it comes every skill outside of shooting

ingram on LSU would've made the team even more of a mess honestly. Nobody on that team to make plays for each other....Simmons at Duke on the other hand would've been very interesting with him play point forward. Lots of open shots for Allen/Kennard/Jones. He would've actually made Duke a scary team.
Ingram played at Duke and still had games with like 6 points or just invincible , imagine him in the LSU games when everybody quit :lol:

Hey Kevin Pelton put out his analytic models rankings and his own big board.

While I obviously wont post the article thats against the rules. I'll give you guys a general idea what he's saying. about certain prospects.

also thing about his model you should know.

-high steal rate is a good predictor of NBA future.
-2p% doesn't translate as smoothly to NBA.
-elite rebounders in college are elite in the pros.
-what you do in your freshamn year is more predictive then what you do in your senoir year.
- FT%+3PA are more predictive than 3P% for NBA 3 point shooting.

Surprises.

- Fred Vlan Vleet projects to be the most effective first year player; (high steal rate, accurate free throw shooitng,)
- Chris Boucher ranks 3rd
- Gary Payton ii ranks 4th
- Jameel Warney ranks 10th
-Josh Hart ranks 7th
-Ron Baker ranks 14th

- Jaylen Brown ranks 121st
-Ivan Rabb ranks 54th
- Skal Labissiere ranks 113th

Brice Johnson right now is better than Brandan Wright has ever been in his life.

Brice Johnson right now is better than Brandan Wright has ever been in his life.
Brandan Wright's per 36 min numbers are good man. Let's see if Brice can even get some minutes in the league...

wait wait wait... let me get this straight

your using a 21 year old seniors performance against FLORIDA GULF COAST as proof??! :lol:

What do you think a senoir Brandon Wright would do to a Florida Golf Coast? :rofl:

wait wait wait... let me get this straight

your using a 21 year old seniors performance against FLORIDA GULF COAST as proof??! :lol:

What do you think a senoir Brandon Wright would do to a Florida Golf Coast? :rofl:

Yes because I've never seen Brice Johnson play before tonight.........

Not like I didn't just post the other day that Brice is a hellllllll of a lot better than Brandan Wright.

Ridiculous point. You're comparing a senior to a dude that played 1 year at UNC. Their per 40 numbers are pretty similar as freshmen, which is an actual argument, but that's not what you're saying...

Holy ****

I am saying that right now at this very moment 21 year old Brice Johnson is a better overall player than 28 year old Brandan Wright. I'm not comparing them during their time at UNC.

Holy ****

I am saying that right now at this very moment 21 year old Brice Johnson is a better overall player than 28 year old Brandan Wright. I'm not comparing them during their time at UNC.

and saying that is insanely idiotic because Brice Johnson is playing against children.:lol:

Holy ****

Well that is an even more idiotic argument than I originally thought :rofl:

Okay.

Brice will still be better than Wright next year and beyond when he's playing against grown men.

Acting like I'm comparing the center for UNCW to prime Shaq or some ****

Last edited:
One of the worst comments in the history of S & T.

How is he better then a 8 year nba vet when dude is barley projected as a top ten pick?

Next year when Brice looks like a young Taj Gibson on a playoff team and 29 year old Brandan Wright is averaging 5 points and 4 rebounds per game we'll revisit this.

Ingram is going to be really good, and I'd love him on the Celts, but I feel like his shooting ability is a bit overrated...

Poeltl is really good, but I think I'd prefer Sabonis in today's NBA...

Back
Top Bottom