The NBA Draft Thread

I will not be surprised if he goes the way of Perry Jones, Quincy Miller etc. (he's almost reminding me of Loren Woods, who some thought would replace and even be better than Tim Duncan) It's worth a gamble to try to develop him but I'd say good luck as of right now.

Last edited:
And? 

He's not even raw as a player. He's not good in what we've seen thus far and hasn't shown glimpses of what could be. He's not Kristaps, because Porzingis played well in Europe so there was justification for his potential. At what point this year has Skal shown that?

I will not be surprised if he goes the way of Perry Jones, Quincy Miller etc. (he's almost reminding me of Loren Woods, who some thought would replace and even be better than Tim Duncan) It's worth a gamble to try to develop him but I'd say good luck as of right now.

those guys had injury red flags.

but its a valid comparison

it seems like they were all guys who were pegged as shooters who eneded being mediocre shooters.

And? 

He's not even raw as a player. He's not good in what we've seen thus far and hasn't shown glimpses of what could be. He's not Kristaps, because Porzingis played well in Europe so there was justification for his potential. At what point this year has Skal shown that?

See but actually he is raw, he came from Hati the spent the last two years playing in some insane fake high school playing zero competition with poor coaches.

he is making a massive jump in competition with little experience playing basketball in the first place.

so if you think NBA teams are some shocked that a skinny 18 year old is getting pushed around by grown *** college seniors? if you that is going to stop him from getting drafted in the first round..

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your dead *** wrong. :lol:

NBA teams don't just pass on mobile, rim protecting 7 footers with shooting potential, unless they have medical red flags (perry jones), or are crazy. (hassan whiteside). :rofl:

Skal is going in the top 20 ...wouldn't be suprised if he's a lotto pick , teams don't pass on that size/athleticism/potential skills combo due to poor play in college, gotta be an injury or some personal life red flags

I hope he isn't drafted in the first round ad Phil buys a second to get him.

He's not getting past a team like GSW or SA who can wait on his development though.

those guys had injury red flags.

but its a valid comparison

it seems like they were all guys who were pegged as shooters who eneded being mediocre shooters.
See but actually he is raw, he came from Hati the spent the last two years playing in some insane fake high school playing zero competition with poor coaches.

he is making a massive jump in competition with little experience playing basketball in the first place.

so if you think NBA teams are some shocked that a skinny 18 year old is getting pushed around by grown *** college seniors? if you that is going to stop him from getting drafted in the first round..

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your dead *** wrong.
laugh.gif

NBA teams don't just pass on mobile, rim protecting 7 footers with shooting potential, unless they have medical red flags (perry jones), or are crazy. (hassan whiteside).
roll.gif
Three rebounds per game and 1.6 BPG. Some rim protector. Boy is softer than a Haitian mud pie.

Sixers and Celts both have 3 first rounders. Zero chance they both pass on him 3 times :lol:

He's absolutely worth spending a non lottery pick on based off potential alone. He has a little too much "bust potential" for my liking to take him in the lottery though.

Three rebounds per game and 1.6 BPG. Some rim protector. Boy is softer than a Haitian mud pie.

yeah he's a terrible rebounder. if he wasn't he'd be going top 10. I didn't say he was without warts, I said he's 100% getting drafted in the 1st unless something comes up between now and draft.

he's playing 16 minute game getting 1.6 BPG. thats incredible.

thats a 10% block rate I don't think any prospect is close to that other than Chinua Onuaku

Last edited:
I noticed that when looking at the Henson/Skal statline comparison, the two had very similar effectiveness when it came to using their wingspan to deflect shots. Body type was similar too. Henson was a much better rebounder and passed it better.

skal may not declare for draft stay one more season.... but uk is not that type of school to help a player mature tho' so never mind he should went with coach k or izzo he wouldve been further along 

skal may not declare for draft stay one more season.... but uk is not that type of school to help a player mature tho' so never mind he should went with coach k or izzo he wouldve been further along 
Doubt he would've actually played if he went to Michigan St. Duke's frontcourt situation is kind of similar to Kentucky's though this year...

I noticed that when looking at the Henson/Skal statline comparison, the two had very similar effectiveness when it came to using their wingspan to deflect shots. Body type was similar too. Henson was a much better rebounder and passed it better.

Nah horrible comparison :lol:

Sooooo at worst he's poor man's Henson and best case he's......

Last edited:
man this time last year skal was a lock for 1 or 2  in the nba draft now theres a possibility he goes lower teens even 20s hype wise hes almost  felipe lopez or harrison barnes type drop

I could see him going the way of Hassan Whiteside. So raw and not ready at first...but eventually he could turn into a good player in the NBA if he puts it all together.

imo His jumper doesn't look like something you can project out to NBA distance, jumps too high, too straight up straight down. I really don't think this works.
I can't really remember what Frye looked like his freshman year, and what his jumper looked like at the time. I know he didn't attempt a single 3 pointer though, so it wasn't like you assumed he'd be some great outside shooter. Don't think it's too far-fetched to think that Skal could get with an NBA shooting coach that can help him change things a bit...

Who knows though, I have no clue what to project him as. NBADraft.net has LaMarcus Aldridge as his comp :lol:

Buddy Hield's height worries me, that may be it (in several cases that can be enough to limit what an individual does well, I am not ready to say it will limit him yet there's more to be impressed with the deeper you look than the opposite).

Buddy Hield's height worries me, that may be it (in several cases that can be enough to limit what an individual does well, I am not ready to say it will limit him yet there's more to be impressed with the deeper you look than the opposite).
Would be very nice if he were 6'6 or so like Valentine, but he does have a bigger wingspan than Jamal Murray. SG position is pretty weak in this draft though, and if you're just looking to draft a guy that has the potential to fill it up, Buddy fits the bill...

Back
Top Bottom