The NBA is a joke.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

The NBA is in better shape talent wise and with teams being able to compete for championships than when it was when Jordan left in 1998 and during the early 2000's when the Lakers and western conference just dominated the rest of the league.

Look at the past 3 champions and now there really aren't dynasty teams anymore.

Seriously compare the NBA to the MLB and it's a JOKE how baseball easily has 20+ small market teams who have ZERO shot at winning a championship in the next 5 years.
yea but 12 of 16 teams in the playoffs are the same damn team every year. 

So OP, would you have been mad if this team won a 'chip too?

the-unthinkable-happened-as-the-lakers-would-succumb-to-the-detroit-pistons-in-the-nba-finals.jpg

Originally Posted by allreds

I've been keeping up with this sport since 2002. Now with all this trading going on and these rigged #@$ draft picks, ie. New Orleans bagging Anthony Davis, I really can't stand it anymore. Also all of these veterans like Jason Kidd going to the Knicks, I'm happy for him and all, but it just doesn't seem right to see him in a Knicks uniform. I'm a Lakers fan too and aquiring Nash is good I guess, but he was our enemy in the past. If we do actually take a chip this season I won't be a happy camper. I just wish we had the same squad from beginning til death. How can you still be a Lakers fan if about 40-50% of the squad has changed? And all of these super teams forming is not helping the Kings or Bobcats one bit. I know this is a business but still. Kobe fan by the way. End of rant. Cool story bro.
Stopped reading right there.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

So OP, would you have been mad if this team won a 'chip too?

the-unthinkable-happened-as-the-lakers-would-succumb-to-the-detroit-pistons-in-the-nba-finals.jpg

Thank you. I'm sure he wasn't complaining when they got Pau too but now it's an issue.
eyes.gif

i agree the super teams are bad for the league... i know knicks are guilty for this but they haven't had a good team in a decade so they have an excuse 
laugh.gif
... but seriously the super teams are a bad look and it started with lebron... there was super teams back in the day in the 80 and 90s with magic lakers, birds celtics and jordans bulls team and even teams now also but those teams were formed legit through the front office...some of it was trades or through free agency but the super teams were home grown players for the most part... some are the exception like kobe n shaq team...now its like players are going out of their way to join forces instead of compete against each other...rarely will you see players stay on the same team like you did in years past 

Originally Posted by kalikid23

I been saying this for a while. The whole being able to choose what team you want to play for and asking to be traded to certain teams is just ridiculous. Back then it was about dynamic duos, now you need to form some kind of Big 3 just to have a chance of winning. Its w/e tho, Ill still be watching and always have love for the sport!

I disagree. They have lives outside of basketball and want to be in a place where they can enjoy their lives when they get downtime. If it was you and you were in a position to dictate where you would end up going to work in wouldnt you?

It could be a pure basketball related reason why they dont want to play there either which makes it even more understandable. 

I'm in favor of at the very least the superstar players having this kind of control cause they really are the league. Some special situations like Derek Fishers can also call for it.

If you held the power to choose where they want to work wouldnt you use it? I mean hes trying to be happy after all. Theyre people after all and want to use their talents to get the best for themselves and their families. In regards to small market teams, I guess all you can do is hope you get a character guy like KD or K Love who prob wont leave and is an attractive piece to attract other FAs. Or just move the team.
This train ride cant be stopped though, the precedent has been set and superstar players hold more control now than ever it seems, look at what Melo did, and what D-Howard is doing now.

Many would say that demanding a trade is the player being gracious to them cause he really could have just got up and left in Free Agency leaving them with nothing. This way at least some value is exchanged even though it will never be equal value cause basketball trades hardly ever are.
Originally Posted by dmbrhs

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22623-1340982154-13.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think all of the player movement is dope.

Makes the offseason interesting and sets up great story lines & matchups during the season.

The MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES and LA CLIPPERS are now exciting teams, who would have ever predicted that?

What is there really to complain about besides the officiating?

Change can be good. Accept it.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

agreed.

teams like Milwaukee, Minnesota, Orlando, Indiana will never win anything..they are not as glamorous as Chicago, NY and etc. those teams will get a superstar for his first contract and then beg to be with big markets...all the NBA teams are farm league teams for Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Bulls and etc. NBA popularity might take a hit.
laugh.gif
You mention Knicks and Nets but not a team that actually wins championships. And you root for Boston teams on top of it. Sports pass revoked.

If players can get traded at any given moment. They should have the right to sign to whichever team they want while giving the chance..

I've been keeping up with this sport since 2002... Kobe fan by the way.

If you were watching the sport since 2002 (the year the Lakers won the championship and had 2 of the most controversial playoff series ever, however swept the Nets) and your a Kobe fan, that must mean you were watching him for the past few years now.

but tell me, is it that you can't stand the free agents optimizing their chances of winning, or you can't stand the fact that the best post season move the Lakers pulled was bringing in 38 year old Steve Nash?

I bet you weren't complaining when the Lakers got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown.
I bet you weren't complaining when the Lakers got Ramon Sessions for Luke Walton.

Sounds like you miss the days Kobe was putting up 60 points to win games by 10, and now he finally has competition, and he can't deal with that.

Kobe fans need to stop.

The NBA can be called a joke for tons of reasons above what you sites in this thread. Least of their concerns and worries when it comes to perception with the fans

I've been keeping up with this sport since 2002. Now with all this trading going on and these rigged #@$ draft picks, ie. New Orleans bagging Anthony Davis, I really can't stand it anymore. Also all of these veterans like Jason Kidd going to the Knicks, I'm happy for him and all, but it just doesn't seem right to see him in a Knicks uniform. I'm a Lakers fan too and aquiring Nash is good I guess, but he was our enemy in the past. If we do actually take a chip this season I won't be a happy camper. I just wish we had the same squad from beginning til death. How can you still be a Lakers fan if about 40-50% of the squad has changed? And all of these super teams forming is not helping the Kings or Bobcats one bit. I know this is a business but still. Kobe fan by the way. End of rant. Cool story bro.

Lakers traded to get Kobe(out of draft yeah), and picked up Shaq from the Magic. Were you not happy about those 3 rings?
Lakers trade to get Gasol, not happy with those 2 rings either?

Heat went out to get Shaq, we won a ring. Heat went out and got Lebron, we won a ring. I'm a happy camper.

There's a reason why only 9 teams have won rings in the last 32 years. Because certain ones are always going out and getting the help they need in order to do so.

so people having the freedom to play where they want is a bad thing. These teams in the lower half suck because their management sucks point blank period. Cavs had Lebron entering his Prime, had a deal on the table to acquire Amare Stoudemire for J.J Hickson and refused to do it based off potential. The next season amare went on to average 25 & 10 and led a team full of role players to the playoffs.

Point being it was dumb @%%% from management and they lost their hometown superstar due to it. So why shouldnt incompetence be met with change 

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

I've been keeping up with this sport since 2002... Kobe fan by the way.

If you were watching the sport since 2002 (the year the Lakers won the championship and had 2 of the most controversial playoff series ever, however swept the Nets) and your a Kobe fan, that must mean you were watching him for the past few years now.

but tell me, is it that you can't stand the free agents optimizing their chances of winning, or you can't stand the fact that the best post season move the Lakers pulled was bringing in 38 year old Steve Nash?

I bet you weren't complaining when the Lakers got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown.
I bet you weren't complaining when the Lakers got Ramon Sessions for Luke Walton.

Sounds like you miss the days Kobe was putting up 60 points to win games by 10, and now he finally has competition, and he can't deal with that.

Kobe fans need to stop.
Post season is over?

Back
Top Bottom