The New iPad

what are you going to use it for? ive always thought if you have a smartphone and a computer whats the point of a tablet? unless youre like a teacher or something

I used to think like that, too, until I got an iPad. You'll find that there is a time when you need more functionality than your phone, but less functionality and size than your computer. Unless I'm doing a heavy task (photo editing, document production, etc.), it's much simpler to just use the iPad. It has much better battery life, too.

Cop that....you won't be disappointed. I went from the OG to the new joint and I'm quite impressed with the speed, although the iPad 2 is just as quick. And the retina display is nice..but then again I'm coming from the original.

So I guess for mainly blogging and web browsing I should be good with an iPad? I'll do any video stuff on the home computer even though I want a MacBook. All my friends that do movies have them and they are nice for that but I'm pretty sure there are other alternatives too.

i didn't have 1 or 2 so i was set on 3. i also have a iphone and a 27" imac so it fits in between the two perfectly. if i were to go on trips i would bring it w/ me but i've just been working and staying home so i use it mostly in my bed before i sleep.

nope, not worth it by the time you purchase you're new i pad you would be satisfied for the moment playing with the features it has to offer but, as everyone knows electronics is constantly evolving and they'll be a newer i pad coming out the following yr and it would probably store more memory or have twice as many apps or features than the i pad you purchased previously.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

nope, not worth it by the time you purchase you're new i pad you would be satisfied for the moment playing with the features it has to offer but, as everyone knows electronics is constantly evolving and they'll be a newer i pad coming out the following yr and it would probably store more memory or have twice as many apps or features than the i pad you purchased previously.
If this is your mentality, then you shouldn't by any piece of electronics, EVER. Just be happy with your stone & slate since technology is advancing too fast to keep up with anyways... 
eyes.gif

If you can afford it, get it. This is the smartest purchase I've ever made. I use it everywhere I go, and it is especially handy when I'm at work (medical student, using it for rounds).
I love it so much that when I'm in the market for a new computer next spring, I'm probably going to get an iMac instead of a MBP or MBA. I rarely use my MBP outside of when I need Office.

I'm thinking about using it for school and other random things. I do not have one at all right now. I'm trying to think do I want the 4G one as well.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

If this is your mentality, then you shouldn't by any piece of electronics, EVER. Just be happy with your stone & slate since technology is advancing too fast to keep up with anyways... 
eyes.gif
 i don't even have a cellphone i use a Styrofoam cup to speak to friends and family. Electronics are like most people i know Sensitive. you touch it the wrong way and that's it your done finito.
wink.gif

I bought a MacBook Air a few weeks before buying my third iPad. It kinda makes me sad that the new iPad doesn't get used much.

Cop that dere newb iPad OP. I use it so often now instead of that HP Touchpad that broke folks like RaWeX05 use.

My iPad has been collecting dust.

Literally. The screen is covered in dust.

I was planning on selling it but figured I have a few trips coming up, some flights even longer than 6 hours and figured it would get lots of use then.

I recently got the iPad 2 and I use it more than I thought I would. I didn't see any advantages in getting the newest one so at least I saved $100.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

eyes.gif
 i don't even have a cellphone i use a Styrofoam cup to speak to friends and family. Electronics are like most people i know Sensitive. you touch it the wrong way and that's it your done finito.
wink.gif
Nobody is sensitive, bud.
Just pointing out a ridiculous stupid flaw in your thought process. 

Carry on.

I think they're good for people who like to browse a lot without a lot of interaction and quick information lookups. I mean.. You have a nice sized screen for entertainment and longer browsing sessions than you normally would on your phone. They have their place.

its worth it if you have the disposable cash for it.

the resolution is the best out right now.

i'd say go for it!

if you have the funds, get it. its a luxury item, not a necessity. don't focus on whether you NEED it. focus on whether you want it.

i had the first one and currently have the newest one. there are some times when i used it for a week straight and some times when it just sits in my bag because i just naturally use my iphone instead.

there are no negatives to actually owning an ipad. if you dont like it, don't own it or dont use it.

own a desktop and an iPhone.

Purchased the new iPad and love it. I use it mostly when I'm in bed or hanging out infront of the tv. Definetely is a luxury item though

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

I recently got the iPad 2 and I use it more than I thought I would. I didn't see any advantages in getting the newest one so at least I saved $100.

Likewise. But I bought a refurb so I saved $150
wink.gif

I went from the 1 to the 3, but thinking back now I should have just gone with the 2.
Save me some money and the difference is definitely not there.

None of the apps take advantage of the power of the latest iPad so just go for the 2.

It's a great little thing to have. I use it for all my web surfing. I also read quite a bit so I literally go to sleep reading a book, and wake up turning it on for the WSJ.

Back
Top Bottom