+++The NEW Official Palm Pre Thread+++

Originally Posted by MikeyFresh21

for those of you complaining about there not being a on screen keyboard....

the g1 didn't come with one either at first but they later had an app or an update that gave them one. so be patient

What i can't stand is that say you haven't looked at your phone for a while and it's just black.

if you have a text or email or missed call.... there isn't nothing that reminds you of that.

no light flashing, you get an alert when you first get it but thats it... not cool
i'm not buying this....proof? I mean, even them OG nokias lit up when the phone was sleep.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by MikeyFresh21

for those of you complaining about there not being a on screen keyboard....

the g1 didn't come with one either at first but they later had an app or an update that gave them one. so be patient

What i can't stand is that say you haven't looked at your phone for a while and it's just black.

if you have a text or email or missed call.... there isn't nothing that reminds you of that.

no light flashing, you get an alert when you first get it but thats it... not cool
i'm not buying this....proof? I mean, even them OG nokias lit up when the phone was sleep.
lol i can't make a video but i wouldn't lie
laugh.gif

i text wayyyyy more than i call. i have a 200 minute plan and don't even go over that...most of my calls are past 7 anyway.

200 minute + unlimited texting + unlimited data for $57.

Well I was almost sold...

Until I realized that no matter how hard they try, Sprint will never top the iPhone.

I'm going to stick with this damn touch pro for a year, then off to AT&T I go.

Originally Posted by iBlink

Well I was almost sold...

Until I realized that no matter how hard they try, Sprint will never top the iPhone.

I'm going to stick with this damn touch pro for a year, then off to AT&T I go.
i think i might ditch sprint too...they don't put out good phones!!!! i get hyped for the htc and every time i'm let down.

450 tho???

I mean...dam, I got 500 now and I get nervous when I'm on a call longer than 10 mins before 7
laugh.gif
450 is wayy too much for me. I don't even make calls before 7 (I'm usually at work til 8 or 9). Last month I only used 79 of 450 minutes
ohwell.gif
but 173 mobile-to-mobile and 918 nights and weekends and 4,234 totaltexts.

Anyways, I'm up for an upgrade October 1st, so hopefully all the bugs are taken care of and the updates are in place, and I got my 25% accessory couponthat came in the mail ready for the touchstone.

so far the only complaints i have about the phone are minor things that im sure will be addressed in future updates
-u cant change the ringtones for text/emails notifications, nor does it give u a reminder that u have a missed call or new text/email if the screen islocked/black.
-the whole touchkeyboard would be a nice option for some people, i personally can live without it.
-tethering is a must.
other than that the phone works great, easy to use and once the apps start coming thru it will only get better.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

so far the only complaints i have about the phone are minor things that im sure will be addressed in future updates
-u cant change the ringtones for text/emails notifications, nor does it give u a reminder that u have a missed call or new text/email if the screen is locked/black.
-the whole touchkeyboard would be a nice option for some people, i personally can live without it.
-tethering is a must.
other than that the phone works great, easy to use and once the apps start coming thru it will only get better.
i got a old blue Sanyo that lights and buzzes off the table if i miss a call
grin.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Im probably one of the few people who do not like the pre. I looked at it yesterday for a good half hour, not too much about this phone impresses me. Forstarters i dont like the "slide up" effect the phone has. The phone also feels very light and looks like its made of cheap plastic and will break thefirst time you drop it.

Pass.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Im probably one of the few people who do not like the pre. I looked at it yesterday for a good half hour, not too much about this phone impresses me. For starters i dont like the "slide up" effect the phone has. The phone also feels very light and looks like its made of cheap plastic and will break the first time you drop it.

Pass.
One of the managers here at my job has one and I held his today and it did not feel light at all. Had a little weight to it. The keyboard lookeda bit cramped for me though.

I just can't stand that Sprint is keeping current customers who have unlimited data on their plan but not an "Everything" plan from getting thisphone, it's so stupid. The way the economy is they need all the sales they can get.
mad.gif
As tempting as the Pre is, I AM NOT giving up my fantastic freeincoming plan for this.

I plan on buying the Pre in mid to late July. Hopefully some of these problems will be fixed along with plenty of new apps. By that time, one of my friendswould have the phone for around $150.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

-u cant change the ringtones for text/emails notifications, nor does it give u a reminder that u have a missed call or new text/email if the screen is locked/black.
-tethering is a must.
eek.gif
SICK wallpaper!...can you hook me up with it??

Originally Posted by CWrite78

my dad is returning his tomorrow. the screen blotches are getting worse
he getting another Pre or just going to go with something else altogether?

another pre, hopefully this one doesn't have problems. he really likes the phone.

my boss got it and i played with it the other day.....eh....screen is def nice, but small.

something about it i just dont like. i dont know what, maybe it just looks flimsy to me.

def no iphone killer (even though the 3gs is pretty weak for a year wait) like it was claimed to be when announced.

i got a touch pro...i think ima get one of those $99 iphones and just have 2 phones for a few months until my sprint contract runs out...or switch over.I dunnoyet

Back
Top Bottom