The Next Real World Season In.....

[h1]'Real World D.C.': MTV makes it official[/h1][h3]By: Jeff Dufour and KikiRyan
Examiner Columnist
06/10/09 1:14 PM EDT[/h3]
After weeks of speculation, MTV made it official this afternoon: "The Real World" is filming its 23rd season in Washington this summer. The show willpremiere in 2010, after the current season of "Real World: Cancun" fades into memory.

Eight young adults will move into a house at 20th and S streets near Dupont Circle, which is currently under construction, as it is transformed into a 24-hourTV set. In recent days, photos of the construction have been posted on several local blogs and Web sites.

"The charged atmosphere of Washington D.C., the center of our country's social and political change, will provide an electric setting for this nextseason of 'The Real World,'" said Tony DiSanto, MTV's president of programming. "We are thrilled to be filming ourclassic franchise in the heart of where history is being made ... it adds a whole new dimension to the great characters and drama our viewers expect and lovefrom 'The Real World.'"

Mayor Adrian Fenty even got in on the excitement, releasing this statement: "In a time when our country has witnessed the impact andspirit of our nation's young people, it is a pleasure to welcome MTV and 'The Real World' cast to the District of Columbia as they utilize theimmense opportunities that the District's backdrop will undoubtedly provide."
http://www.washingtonexam...t-official-47531542.html

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll263/webnerd06/?action=view&current=realworldhouse.jpg

This seasons house is going to be located in Dupont Circle
http://voices.washingtonp....html?hpid=news-col-blog

Cancun looks alright i haven't really seen the cast but i bet its better then the last one

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Wings and mumbo sauce edition?

Fixed.

smh.gif

i got a friend who lives like 2 blocks away from there. wonder if the area is going to be turned upside down by the cast, crew, and people trying to get on TV?

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

i got a friend who lives like 2 blocks away from there. wonder if the area is going to be turned upside down by the cast, crew, and people trying to get on TV?

That's what im sayin, DC is so small compared to the RW cities

Originally Posted by parada45

I wonder if they will go to the GO GO
lol
i doubt it
they'll probably spend majority of the show in Georgetown and completely over look the other side of DC

Originally Posted by webnerd06

Originally Posted by parada45

I wonder if they will go to the GO GO
lol
i doubt it
they'll probably spend majority of the show in Georgetown and completely over look the other side of DC
laugh.gif
yup
they should definitely check out Adams Morgan.

wonder if I'll see them at Love or Fur

They better have some brothers on the show, but knowing mtv it will be two gay dudes, 1 drama queen, 1 party girl, 1 gym head, 1 fine black chick

They better strap up this season, DC ain't the city to be smashing random jo's

Originally Posted by solefood229

They better have some brothers on the show, but knowing mtv it will be two gay dudes, 1 drama queen, 1 party girl, 1 gym head, 1 fine black chick

They better strap up this season, DC ain't the city to be smashing random jo's
If your referring to random DC birds then no its not, but random drunk chicks in Adams Morgan & Georgetown, I wouldn't put it past them

They had to be in the fruitiest section in all of DC, Dupont Circle. Send em to Benning Road NE or Malcolm X SE and then we'll have a show.

Originally Posted by allalon1

They had to be in the fruitiest section in all of DC, Dupont Circle. Send em to Benning Road NE or Malcolm X SE and then we'll have a show.

laugh.gif
QFT

And I can take a joke just as well as the next guy, but

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

AIDS edition?
That's jai low man.... All jokes regarding AIDS, Snipers, and Marion Berry need to be kept to a minimum... get tired of bammas trying to go inon my city.

If they do go anywhere near the areas we want to see them in ( ie: southside, uptown, etc.) it would probably be some sort of community outreach episode...because if its not i can definitely see someone saying or doing something ignorant ( cast members and DC folk included)

Back
Top Bottom