The NFL Is Seriously Concerned With Empty Stadiums

Exactly. Ran away to hide in your own team thread to avoid humility. Ya'll were in the NFL thread in droves in good times thumping your chests and trying to call out anyone and everything. The second and I mean the second the Niners started crumbling everyone except maybe @aNYone went into hiding. Seemingly disappeared is spot on. We know ya'll out here, you just don't want to be heard from until the Niners are good again. That's fine. But acting like ya'll some strong force or something is hilarious. We see you!

How many 49er related conversations have happened in the NFL thread over the last couple of seasons? What exactly would you like us to come in there and post about? During the Harbaugh era, the 49ers were a topic of conversation regularly in the NFL thread (often times brought up by other fans), which is why you saw more Niner fans posting in there.....which is the case for most professional sports teams. In entire-league threads on NT, conversation is almost never about the teams at the bottom of the standings. To say we disappeared is ridiculous.

Last edited:
The only reason your team thread is so long is cause you've kept the same one running for 5 years :lol:.

Went through the first few pages of S&T to see if this claim is accurate. Lets see:

Cowboys thread: 532 pages in 5 years
Eagles thread: 304 pages in 1 year, 9 months
Giants thread: 13 pages in 1 year, 1 month
Jets thread: 295 pages in 3 years, 2 months
Seahawks thread: 492 pages in 3 years, 2 months
Colts thread: 1 page in 9 months
Panthers thread: 64 pages in 4 years
Patriots thread: 42 pages in 1 year 9 months

....and.....

49ers thread: 1955 pages in 3 years, 9 months

I think it is safe to say that your claim is categorically false. Niner fans never left.

Many team threads are remade though (such as the Raiders one), and we've been here for a long time.

The post I repped said we have the best fan base in the NFL?

Let me help you answer that. It didnt.
a post about me a cowboys fan (who have the best fan base ) being called a fairweather fan by a niner fan is just silly plain and simple.wash your face. if you cant see that i cant help you .

Many team threads are remade though (such as the Raiders one), and we've been here for a long time.

Didnt think I would have to spell it out for you, but lets try a different way to see if you understand. A claim was made that the 49er thread is only long because its not new every year. We have 1955 pages in 3 years and 9 months (45 months). Your Raider thread has 27 pages in 2 months. The 49er thread has moved a little over 43 pages per month since it was created. Your Raider thread has moved 13.5 pages per month since it was created.

I could calculate the same thing for other team threads too. When the thread was created has nothing to do with how active we are on this board.

will do . like i said if you dont see why its silly calling fans of the best fanbase "fairweather". i dont know what to tell you other then you make zero sense or dont know the definition of the word.

How many 49er related conversations have happened in the NFL thread over the last couple of seasons? What exactly would you like us to come in there and post about? During the Harbaugh era, the 49ers were a topic of conversation regularly in the NFL thread (often times brought up by other fans), which is why you saw more Niner fans posting in there.....which is the case for most professional sports teams. In entire-league threads on NT, conversation is almost never about the teams at the bottom of the standings. To say we disappeared is ridiculous.

Not the point. Niner fans had no problem partaking in across the NFL talk, but even initiated and instigated many a conversation on their own. Talking about rings, trophy cases, "oh yeah, who's your team" to a Lions fan or some **** when they would get offended. Even the past couple of years folks have called for some of the Niner fans to come join in on the banter, yet nothing...Ghost. Ya'll the Cam Newton's of fanbases. Thumping chests and poo-pooing all else when things are good, but sitting on the bench with a towel over your head and pouting at the podium when things aren't all gravy, trying to shrink and act like you weren't actin' a fool that whole time. You saying, that because the Niners are not a trendy in the topic, therefore, is the reason ya'll stick to your own thread is a cop out. Half the point of the discussion thread is to incite discussion and that never stopped Niners fans before. And disappeared is a relative term here. Yes, you guys have your own nook on NT where you can commiserate together, so you're still here, but you ain't really here when you think how boisterous and ever present the fanbase was in the NFL thread to now where it's crickets. That's disappearance, friend. Giants, Cowboys, Seahawks all have big fan bases on here, but they stay in discussion. Fans of teams are the only ones that can create a discussion on a forum. This isn't Stephen A and Skip...The fact of the matter is, ya'll chose to have something to talk about before and are choosing not to discuss anything now even though most liked to pop off about whatever because they had the backing of their teams strong W-L record. Weak.

Like I said, it's fine, but quit frontin'. You've had your own gripe with discussion threads and I understand that, but I don't know why you're sticking up for your compadres when everyone else can see it and call it what it is.

I've been to only one NFL game, and it wasn't really pleasant. Everyone stood standing for the entire game. I'm like, wtf? I can understand if it's the final moments of the game and it's going down to the wire. Only way I'll ever go back is if it's front row.

You've had your own gripe with discussion threads and I understand that, but I don't know why you're sticking up for your compadres when everyone else can see it and call it what it is.

You are right. I should have let the other Niner fans respond to you rather than I because, as you pointed out, I am rarely one to participate in those threads anyway.

I've been to only one NFL game, and it wasn't really pleasant. Everyone stood standing for the entire game. I'm like, wtf? I can understand if it's the final moments of the game and it's going down to the wire. Only way I'll ever go back is if it's front row.

IMO, front row seats at a football game are the worst seats in the house. You cant see a damn thing.

Didnt think I would have to spell it out for you, but lets try a different way to see if you understand. A claim was made that the 49er thread is only long because its not new every year. We have 1955 pages in 3 years and 9 months (45 months). Your Raider thread has 27 pages in 2 months. The 49er thread has moved a little over 43 pages per month since it was created. Your Raider thread has moved 13.5 pages per month since it was created.

I could calculate the same thing for other team threads too. When the thread was created has nothing to do with how active we are on this board.

You must mean team thread. Skimming through your thread now I see posters I haven't seen in the NFL general thread ever. Please continue to enjoy having a thread full of people who only engage with themselves, I don't know what that does for you (other than win a pathetic pissing match) but you seem satisfied with that. Good for you.

What it tells me and the other people in this thread apparently is what we already suspect: Niner fans aren't showing their faces outside their safe zone thread because, while they're happy to talk slick when things are going well, they will run back when the team is no good and claim something to the effect of, "no one wants to hear from fans of a bottom-feeder team". There are JETS fans in the NFL thread who are still posting and engage with everyone else. Those of us in the Raider thread were in the general thread when we were terrible. This disappearing act of your fan-base is so obvious it's embarrassing to watch you defend it.

IMO, front row seats at a football game are the worst seats in the house. You cant see a damn thing.

Same goes for Hockey games. The closer you are the worst the experience is. It's hard enough trying to track a puck. Up close to the rink, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom