The NFL Is Seriously Concerned With Empty Stadiums

Chargers we're stupid to move to la. So were the rams. Niners fans have also been Fairweather but then they moved out the city so that could explain it.

No one in la cares about pro football like that and the ones that do are raiders or fans of some other team and they are loyal. It's like the NFL forgot why la didn't have a team for so long .
Very idiotic bringing two teams to la. No one cares.
Hell I wouldn't go to a game right here if they were giving away tickets

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious, dumb for the owner or fans? I ask because the Chargers value rose 36% from the time they moved (of course, there was that $500M+ relocation fee, too). I believe the Rams went from 28th in net worth to 6th most valuable. That said, the move was more than likely self-serving no matter how the Spanos' want to spin it. Additionally, they could have probably worked something out with city, but to candid, that stadium is a dump. Hands down the crappiest venue i've been to out of the 10 or so NFL stadiums I've visited. I actually live 2 miles down the road from Qualcomm, and at the end of the day, it certainly sucks for the fans. Thankfully, it's not my team, because I'd be upset if the Bucs moved even thought they've been historically terrible. At the end of the day, the cities are usually just pawns an owner's game of financial chess, unfortunately.

$100 to park for a ****ing Rams game, I don't see the problem here...

CpxA6BLUMAEVgb9.jpg

Not saying it's cheap, but I was seeing signs for $75 for a damn Red Sox game like 5 years ago. I don't even care for baseball, but as an American, it was my civic duty to see the Green Moster and attend a game in Boston. lol. Hell, I do it for every city that fields a pro team if I have the chance, to be honest. Even the Nationals were charging like $50 like 10 years ago for parking. In fact, parking was more than both damn tickets. At the end of the day, I can put a check mark next to it and said I've done it though.

IMO, front row seats at a football game are the worst seats in the house. You cant see a damn thing.

True story. My Bucs season tickets were 9 rows from the field and I felt I spent more time looking at the big screen, so i moved back 12 rows. Same with my FSU tickets, I won't go any lower than about row 20/25. Either it's hard to see over player's heads, or when they're across the field, you miss stuff because the field isn't perfectly flat.

Last edited:
9ers fans don't participate in the NFL thread cause they team boo boo and shouldn't be in the NFL.

-Game Over-

Half the point of the discussion thread is to incite discussion and that never stopped Niners fans before. And disappeared is a relative term here. Yes, you guys have your own nook on NT where you can commiserate together, so you're still here, but you ain't really here when you think how boisterous and ever present the fanbase was in the NFL thread to now where it's crickets. That's disappearance, friend. Giants, Cowboys, Seahawks all have big fan bases on here, but they stay in discussion. Fans of teams are the only ones that can create a discussion on a forum. This isn't Stephen A and Skip...The fact of the matter is, ya'll chose to have something to talk about before and are choosing not to discuss anything now even though most liked to pop off about whatever because they had the backing of their teams strong W-L record. Weak.

Like I said, it's fine, but quit frontin'. You've had your own gripe with discussion threads and I understand that, but I don't know why you're sticking up for your compadres when everyone else can see it and call it what it is.

SPOT ON. @dland24 you're good people and I still see you pop your head in and out the NFL thread so definitely not coming at you personally with this. But there was a time where the NFL thread was literally filled with Niner fans and other than @aNYone everyone else has gone GHOST. Plenty of teams suck today but that hasn't stopped anyone else from participating in friendly banter and discussion. Niner fans use to show out in the NFL thread and as soon as y'all stopped winning, they all disappeared. Cowboy fans, Raiders fans, Jets fan, Charger fans etc all still posted while their team sucked/sucks. Not the Niners.

@niketalker23 this isn't the 90s. Cowboys haven't won a SB in over 20 years so calling us fair weather doesn't really make sense anymore. Say delusional or something. Also, let's not act like we didn't take over y'alls stadium last year.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article...ver-Levi-s-Stadium-9554618.php#photo-11260987

Last edited:
in my opinion, football is better off watched at home on tv. just the overall experience is better with how tv captures the action
save yourself the money and time

I just don't understand the financials of ticket pricing. Stadiums stay half full yet tickets are still selling for well over $100 a piece year after year.

Football is better watched on TV anyway. If you and a friend go to an NFL game, you'll easily spend over $300 (ticket, parking, concessions, etc.) and you'll miss all of the other games going on in that time slop. This doesn't even account for adverse weather in places like Seattle, Chicago, Green Bay. I'm not paying hundreds of dollars to get rained or snowed on for 3 hrs. I'll just chill at the crib, eat whatever I want, crack open a beer and watch 5 games at once. :smokin:smokin:smokin

100 dollars for parking? Damn...

Now let's add in your 125 or more game tickets

And my god what if you are paying for your wife or gf...or your son first game?

And what if they want a hot dog and beer?

These stadiums are outta their minds...

Luckly here in North Carolina parking went up 5 dollars to 20 and people were livid. I'm actually excited to go to Atlanta this year and see if those prices are real in that stadium.

I was in So Cal and my buddy asked if i wanted to go to a Rams game.......hahahahahahahaha im not from Californial and i even know there are a million better things to do than watch football. If it isnt basketball or hockey just stay home

Went to the game and honestly thought the stadium was like 80% packed yesterday. Not bad at all.
It's damn near Mission impossible to get to your seats by 5:25 pm though. Bay area traffic on a weekday <<<<<<

Game would be 95% packed at kickoff if it was 8:30 instead of 5:30.

Edit: To be clear, I think the Raiders TNF game vs the Chiefs will be 100% filled before kickoff. Not blaming the starting time but 5:30 in Santa Clara is like the 2nd most packed traffic area in the bay.

Went to the game and honestly thought the stadium was like 80% packed yesterday. Not bad at all.
It's damn near Mission impossible to get to your seats by 5:25 pm though. Bay area traffic on a weekday <<<<<<

Game would be 95% packed at kickoff if it was 8:30 instead of 5:30.

Edit: To be clear, I think the Raiders TNF game vs the Chiefs will be 100% filled before kickoff. Not blaming the starting time but 5:30 in Santa Clara is like the 2nd most packed traffic area in the bay.

880 at that time is no better, though. I will grant that the BART makes getting to the Coliseum much easier.

Bay Area/49ers fans are the worst. Fairweather
?

You shouldn't be qualified to have an opinion unless you live in the Bay Area. Niners have a legacy, Raiders have a legacy, A's fans are loyal as hell, Giants had recent success so they have a ****load of fans, Sharks has South Bay/peninsula on lock not to mention the Warriors had recent success and everyone jumped on that wagon in 2008. Only reason why Niners have empty seats is because of ownership and a poorly planned stadium.

If you win. They will come. Simple as that.

The Q was rocking when LT was in his prime. Winning games with talented rosters. You'd rarely see opposing fans in those days.Then the sh***** ownership and management had turned the franchise into a laughing stock of the NFL. The last 3-4 years the Q was a visiting teams paradise due to everybody in SD turned off by Spanos uncommitment and his weasel ways.

Didn't renew my season tickets but still root for the team even though Spanos took them north. So far the gameday experience is horrid. The Q was a dump but imo nothing beats the tailgate experience in mission valley. It was the best in the league. But in Carson? $40 just to park and $100 to tailgate? And after the game you can't chill and hangout you have LAPD kicking people out the parking lot. Smh NFL is getting mad greedy. They can miss me with that.

I feel like most industries, the NFL thought their rates, merchandise sales and general interest would continue to rise into perpetuity. The league is due for a course correction. People just aren't willing to pay $50 for parking, $150 for each ticket and $12 for a beer just to say they were at an NFL game anymore.

If you win. They will come. Simple as that.

The Q was rocking when LT was in his prime. Winning games with talented rosters. You'd rarely see opposing fans in those days.Then the sh***** ownership and management had turned the franchise into a laughing stock of the NFL. The last 3-4 years the Q was a visiting teams paradise due to everybody in SD turned off by Spanos uncommitment and his weasel ways.

Didn't renew my season tickets but still root for the team even though Spanos took them north. So far the gameday experience is horrid. The Q was a dump but imo nothing beats the tailgate experience in mission valley. It was the best in the league. But in Carson? $40 just to park and $100 to tailgate? And after the game you can't chill and hangout you have LAPD kicking people out the parking lot. Smh NFL is getting mad greedy. They can miss me with that.
Wow they don't let people chill after?

That's robbery man.

We cookout after panther games and start back up drinking. Nfl doing the people dirty.

1)Must be the side that's facing the sun.

2)Show the whole stadium.

3)All the fans preferred the old stadium and refuse to attend a game in Santa Clara.

It's easy to judge when you're on the outside looking in, but these reporters should the full scoop before they conjure up their thought into print.

1)Must be the side that's facing the sun.

2)Show the whole stadium.

3)All the fans preferred the old stadium and refuse to attend a game in Santa Clara.

It's easy to judge when you're on the outside looking in, but these reporters should the full scoop before they conjure up their thought into print.

I didn't realize how far out Santa Clara is from SF until I moved to the Bay Area. It's a legit 40 minute drive with no traffic. I'm not sitting in hours worth of traffic to go to a stadium far from the fanbase to pay hundreds of dollars to watch a garbage team, sorry.

?

You shouldn't be qualified to have an opinion unless you live in the Bay Area. Niners have a legacy, Raiders have a legacy, A's fans are loyal as hell, Giants had recent success so they have a ****load of fans, Sharks has South Bay/peninsula on lock not to mention the Warriors had recent success and everyone jumped on that wagon in 2008. Only reason why Niners have empty seats is because of ownership and a poorly planned stadium.

This is a very drawn-out way of saying that all of the Bay Area's teams have loyal fanbases.

Back
Top Bottom