The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

Parker looked horrible tonight. He had a bad spring and it carried over, hope he can figure it out soon.

Also, this team needs to stop swinging for the damn fences all the time. Last year is getting to there head. You can't live and die by the home run. :smh:

I hope Young shows he needs to be in the lineup everyday because I want to see him hit 3rd and drop Reddick to 5th. Reddick ain't built to hit 3rd, he presses way to hard.

mean.gif

I'm just gonna keep reminding myself it's only game 2. Hopefully it makes me feel better. :x:smh:

Have to remember that we normally start poorly.

Doesn't make going through it any easier, though.

Day late, but I was able to make it to the home opener. Had a lot of fun. The stadium had a great atmosphere. I think it was my third game trying to get a dang towel. :lol: I was always late for them. Happy to get my magnet schedule. I have all my magnets since 2008 on the fridge still.
Sad result, but it was King Felix.

Today, after the game got out of hand, I just lost interest.

I might try to make it to the game tomorrow depending if I leave work early enough.

Parker, not sharp my friend. We have 1 good hit thru 2 games. :x

Let's hope Tommy Milone can get us on track tonight, Warrior game tonight too the complex will be cracking.

Finally they get it going. Milone was solid outside of the first, defense was great, and the hitters came alive (it helped that Saunders is trash).

Hopefully we tie it up today and win the next series. Let's start winning early so we can make it easier on ourselves towards the end of the season.

Wednesday is sold out?? Damn, I wanted to go to three straight :smh:

Man I must have got some bad info or something, game definitely wasn't sold out. :lol: maybe like 12,000 people there it was sad...

Good win tho

How were the 2 dollar tickets? I think I heard those tickets were sold out. When I read on here that tickets were sold out, I was like "Wait... What? :nerd:"

And damb you work! I wanted to go to the game today.

View media item 347710

The 2 dollar tix were ok (pic above), second row of upper bleachers. Kind of a cool view, and it blocked the wind for the most part (very cold last night as usual)

But as you can see towards the end of the game, the place was a ghost town :lol:

It really is just impossible to convince casual fans to come to a rough part of Oakland at night to sit in a dilapidated stadium and endure very cold weather. I can't say I blame them, really.

You really sat in the $2 seats all game? Why wouldn't you just go take some open second deck seats? That's the best thing about the coliseum, they're so lax about seating because no one is there anyway. Free parking at BART and $2 tickets FTW :smokin

Got to love "The Net".:lol:

Last edited:
You really sat in the $2 seats all game? Why wouldn't you just go take some open second deck seats? That's the best thing about the coliseum, they're so lax about seating because no one is there anyway. Free parking at BART and $2 tickets FTW :smokin

Got to love "The Net".:lol:

Oh that pic was just a view from our "actual seats", we usually move around to a few different spots during the game. Those seats actually had a weird wind-shielding factor that made the evening much more bearable... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom