The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where’s the hesitation on Obi coming from?

Someone enlighten me
Talented 4 that doesn't defend or look to have much upside. He'll be able to play right away regardless but with a guy like Thibs that preaches defense I just find it weird that's who they draft.

That’s kind of a weak argument in my opinion. Boys still waiting on Frank to turn a corner, using his age as an excuse. I’m not sure how much age has to do with much.
No one uses Frank's age as an excuse, especially since him and Obi are both 22. At least Frank had 3 years at the NBA level but unfortunately hasn't shown much. Frank's probably out of here if he doesn't show a decent level of improvement.

With Obi on the other hand, you're waiting until he's 26 to see if he develops and that's usually when guys are making their way into their prime. Doesn't mean he can't become a good player but the ceiling gets lowered with less time to develop.

No one uses Frank's age as an excuse, especially since him and Obi are both 22. At least Frank had 3 years at the NBA level but unfortunately hasn't shown much. Frank's probably out of here if he doesn't show a decent level of improvement.

With Obi on the other hand, you're waiting until he's 26 to see if he develops and that's usually when guys are making their way into their prime. Doesn't mean he can't become a good player but the ceiling gets lowered with less time to develop.
There’s been plenty of “frank is only 20 he needs time” posts in here. The main thing I’m getting at is, the age part shouldn’t really be the sole reason for passing on someone if they’re not going to be “the guy” regardless. If you’re a system piece or a complimentary piece, I don’t think it’s a big deal if you’re 19 or 23.
His bigger issue to me is on the defensive end.

Cats ready to throw a bag at 26yr old FVV after ONE good season but Obi too old? And draft position shouldn’t matter if he’s the best player on the board. Don’t understand the thinking of “We will draft a 19yr old project hoping he becomes something but won’t draft a 22yr old polished player because he’s too old”. **** don’t make sense.

I think we would've made this trade during the draft if we had a player in mind.

Seems like we're trying to trade up, which I don't love.

Harden going for the low.

wish we could put together a package but Im sure hes set on going to BK. :rolleyes

Cats ready to throw a bag at 26yr old FVV after ONE good season but Obi too old? And draft position shouldn’t matter if he’s the best player on the board. Don’t understand the thinking of “We will draft a 19yr old project hoping he becomes something but won’t draft a 22yr old polished player because he’s too old”. **** don’t make sense.
To be honest it's probably the same logic to why we didn't end up with Mitchell, wasn't he 20/21 at the draft?

No one is signing FVV expecting a franchise player. When you are a trash team in the draft, you usually go for the biggest potential return you can get. Role players aren't going to get your out the bottom of the pit. Meanwhile y'all wanna sign any "superstar" that has shown every reason to not invest in them.

Brooklyn is going to take over and I might feel conflicted as a knicks fan in Brooklyn.

Nah, I can't do it lol

How can a team be so infatuated with a no defense playing 22 year old big man in a league dominated by guards and wings.

Back
Top Bottom