The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

laugh.gif

SleepyBlueDemon wrote:

Are you kidding me?? He has ZERO coaching experience. NONE at all. Not even as an assistant coach. Not even junior high or YMCA or a park league...ZERO!

COSIGN LIKE NO OTHER

my dissapointment in this dude paxson knows no bounds
how with the chance to draft what may very well turn out
to be one of the illest pointguards in the leauge we gone hire
a coach WHO ISNT EVEN A COACH!

GOD, STOP IT YALL.
THIS IS SOME OF THE WHACKEST @#$ EVER.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by aRog27

Vinnie has absolutely no coaching experience. Everyone has their start somewhere, but I wish dude at least coached the grandma squad at the local old folks home. Do old folks homes ,like "Shady Hills" ,even have basketball teams?? I doubt it, but maybe Vinny learned enough to do well. Not that Vinni has a choice. He best be the right choice, because I cant take another year of horrid basketball.

I'm sooooooooooooooooo speechless/disappointed in my front office ... I feel like a knick fan now

tired.gif

EH anything but collins is all i was asking for i wanted tom Thibedeau but i will give Del Negro some time before i pass judgement

i guess they didnt want another dude as uptight as skiles so thats why they passed on the boston assistant thats what ive been hearing

^^ yeah and that's probably why they passed on avery johnson too.. that dude is a control freak that woulda been more of a basketball nazi than skiles

WHAT????!!! Doug Collins will be back in the tv booth???!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

this isnt a popular choice and it could turn out to be a HORRIBLE choice, i dont necessarily care for it but ima let it play out and see what happens...theyoung team could really relate or they could be too much for him and the team will be outta control lmao...the thing is this is a HIGH risk hire, but whats theHIGH reward??? i guess we'll see...

Dude has a replica locker in the Hall of Fame....DO NOT SLEEP ON VINNY DEL NEGRO

(has nothing to do with him being from the area..........................)

Del Negro needs to come in a establish himself. I dont want to put him down before the season starts but i just hope he has a vision and plan for the team. Ialso hopes that he uses our players to their strengths.

Pax still has some moves to make before the season starts and those will be a big part of our success or failure of the season. I dont want JermaineO'Neal, but maybe thats just me. I dont know who we should go after though, what are you guys thinking

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By JoshRedetzke
6/10/08

[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2008/09 Chicage Bulls Payroll: $47.5 million
2008/09 Estimated NBA Salary Cap: $58 million
Roughly: $11.5 million under cap
[/font]
[/font]
[table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
drose020.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Derrick Rose
Icon SMI
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Good: What a difference a yearmakes. The Bulls won 49 games last season and appeared to be easy candidates for a top seed in the playoffs. Instead, they got off to a bad start, fired coachScott Skiles, and floundered to just 33 victories. The basketball gods must have felt sorry for them since they bestowed upon Chicago the number one pick inthe draft. This is an excellent chance for the team to reverse its fortunes and add a franchise player (Derrick Rose) to the line-up.

Drew Gooden played pretty well after joining the team during the Ben Wallace trade. He averaged 14 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks in the last 18 gamesbefore missing some time due to an abdominal strain. If Gooden isn't part of Chicago's future plans, his $7.1 million salary for next season makes hima very tradable asset, especially since it's the final year of his contract.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Bad: The Ben Wallaceembarrassment thankfully didn't last long in the Windy City. The disappointing forward never came close to his old, dominating self. Unfortunately, inorder to get rid of him, the Bulls had to take Larry Hughes in return. His contract is slightly cheaper and the same length as Wallace's, but thatdoesn't mean it's any less awful. Hughes still hasn't learned how to shoot effectively. He averaged just 38% from the field this year. He alsoisn't nearly as versatile in his rebounding and passing as he used to be. At $12.8 and $13.6 million the next two years, Hughes will be severely overpaid.No wonder Cleveland was so happy to get rid of him.

In the first season of a new five-year, $47.5 million dollar contract, Kirk Hinrich took a step back. His scoring average dipped five points to 11.5 and hisshooting percentage fell to a sub-par 41%. Now, with the possibility of Rose joining the team, Hinrich might have to be traded to make room at the point. Hiscontract isn't ridiculously expensive to trade, but with four years left and Hinrich coming off a poor season, the Bulls would be selling on the low end ofhis value. Perhaps they will let the tandem exist together for a while and bring Hinrich's value up before looking to move him.

Andres Nocioni also started a five-year contract last season, this one worth about $37.5 million. Nocioni is an excellent role player, but just like Hinrich,after signing the big contract his numbers took a hit. For now, I'll place the blame on a rough season that gave everyone's stats at least a smalldecline. However, I'd like to see a little more production out of Nocioni for that kind of dough.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Future: The biggest decision forthe Chicago Bulls this summer might not be who they draft but how they handle resigning their two best players, Ben Gordon and Luol Deng. Both are excellentyoung players and restricted free agents who will command a fairly decent price on the market. If Chicago signs both to contacts similar to Hinrich, they willhave roughly $50 million wrapped up in just five players the next two seasons. In other words, say goodbye to any cap space for a while. If you are winning 49games and getting to the second round of the playoffs every year, then it is simply an acceptable hazard that comes with success. If you are winning 33 gamesand participating in the lottery every year, then it is disastrous.

We must also consider that the $50 million in players does not include a competent center. Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah might be good contributors in a fewyears, but Drew Gooden is really the only dependable frontline player that they have and he might not be around for very long. A recent marijuana charge byNoah further dampens the situation and casts some doubt about his career. Chicago might be forced to make some major moves this summer to reshape its team fora better future. That includes possibly trading Gordon or Deng along with Hinrich to get a talented center and save a little money. The decisions they make inthe next few months will have major ramifications down the road. It's time for John Paxson to make up for the whole Tyson Chandler-Ben Wallacedebacle.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Free Throw: Despite being in 9thplace before the lottery, the Bulls moved up to the top overall pick which was poetic justice as teams like Minnesota and Memphis would have been rewarded fortanking their seasons. Unfortunately the biggest culprit of tanking (Miami) won the second overall pick.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grade: B-[/font][/font]

Steve Kerr raves about Vinny. Said he loves to push the ball and focuses on defense more than DAntoni. I wonder if he liked him so much why he wouldn'tgive him the job? Hmmmmm... I don't care. It could have been a lot worse. I also don't give a damn if fans think it is a bad move. What the hell dothey know? There is not many if any coaches out there that have taken their teams to a Championship who were available. No slam dunks with coaches. If DAntonicouldn't win with STAT and Marion and Nash in PHX, how was he going to win with our team? Avery wouldn't have Dirk and Josh and Kidd and a decentlydeep bench, how was he going to win with this team?

Originally Posted by knightngale

is loul deng still untouchable?
nerd.gif

roll.gif

He will be if Kobe can go ONE off season without requesting to get out of that joke of an organization called the Los Angeles Lakers

alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom