***The OFFICIAL 2009 SEC Football Thread***

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Wiz

Bobby was puttin ALOT on Myron Lewis at the SEC media day.
He Lockin dudes down like that?

I remember him playin well once and that was vs South Carolina

nah not at all, then again we ain't really face anyone last year that had a passing game where you could see that.
like when we played UGA, DJ covered AJ & even while he was torching us, they never put Myron on him. Clearly they knew that there was a major dropoffbetween the two coverage-wise.
Myron is a good blitzer tho. He had 4,5 sacks from the CB position which is ridiculous and he's a sure tackler and he caused and recovered some fumblestoo. His one weakness is his coverage IMO

Casey Hayward is gonna be the one making plays for us at the CB position coveragewise this year IMO. He's the one that came in the MCB game after DJ wentout with the injury & he put in work.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Which of these teams is going to beat Ohio State in a BCS bowl this year?

My money is on LSU.
I have serious doubts that we make it to the BCS this year...change it to Capital One Bowl and you are on pointChester.

Mallet, Winston, Adams from Arkansas - gotta go with the homestate team for the sleeper
pimp.gif

anyone notice the nonsense Spurrier said.

something about there being 10 gators on the team & they didnt wanna put another one on or something...

he knew about it all along
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Appreciate the info. What's wrong with picking Snead?

You have a SR 2x MNC and a heisman winner in the same conference.

I dunno. Cus in reality Jevan Snead is a better QB.
Not a better football player tho.
Based on what exactly? Check passing production Pretty much equal yards on less attempts, higher completion percentage, more TD's, and lessINT's.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Mallet, Winston, Adams from Arkansas - gotta go with the homestate team for the sleeper
pimp.gif
Darius Winston
pimp.gif

It's gonna be fun to see who's better between him and Dre Kirkpatrick from Bama

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Based on what exactly? Check passing production Pretty much equal yards on less attempts, higher completion percentage, more TD's, and less INT's.
because he's a better QB. It's easier for a QB to have higher completion % when his team is up 40-0 on a team early & doesn't needto throw the ball the rest of the game. You forget that Tebow's stats for about 7-8 of those games were inflated because these fools were running trains onteams. Snead has better mechanics, footwork. He can kill you with his arm first, and his legs 2nd. When he steps back to pass, you are actually afraid of hisarm.

Tebow is a way better player, but there is NO way that you can he's a better qb than Snead & i'm not a fan of Snead. Something about his throwingmotion bothers me alot.

Tebow is a better COLLEGE quarterback than Snead. Snead may have better QB mechanics as it translates to the next level but as far as college its Tebow.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Based on what exactly? Check passing production Pretty much equal yards on less attempts, higher completion percentage, more TD's, and less INT's.
because he's a better QB. It's easier for a QB to have higher completion % when his team is up 40-0 on a team early & doesn't need to throw the ball the rest of the game. You forget that Tebow's stats for about 7-8 of those games were inflated because these fools were running trains on teams. Snead has better mechanics, footwork. He can kill you with his arm first, and his legs 2nd. When he steps back to pass, you are actually afraid of his arm.

Tebow is a way better player, but there is NO way that you can he's a better qb than Snead & i'm not a fan of Snead. Something about his throwing motion bothers me alot.
Tebow attempted 30 less passes, so per game 30/14= 2(about). So 2 passes a game explains 8% diff in completion percentage? Give me a break andUF never RUTS on anyone, just called timeouts.

The QB position is about results and getting the ball to your man on target and on time. You take mechanics and footwork, I'll take production. Take BrettFavre for example he has terrible mechanics does that make him a worse QB? In college this isn't even a debate.

People aren't scared of Tebow's arm?
roll.gif
. I thought he put that torest the past 2 years. Maybe you should watch some more CFB. There are 2 QB's in the nation you could put on the same level as Tebow and they'll bothbe playing in the RRS.

Hate him all you want but you sound like a damn fool.

Okay I'm going to take your bait.

1. when did I say UF ran the score up on anyone, I said that they were running trains on teams & during those games Tebow didn't throw the ball.Whenever Tebow had to throw the ball 20+ times, his effectiveness went down.

2. you do realize that Snead during the beginning of last season & the one that closed out the season was a completely different player. don't usestats to make claims about quarterback p

3. did you watch your team last season? they ran for about 250 yards a game. it was the running attack that destroyed teams last year. tell me who was scaringteams with their running ability on the ole miss side. Snead had to win games last season with his arm. What game did the Gators need Tebow's arm to win?Maybe only the Nat'l Championship game, but even then it was #1 who came up with the big plays when they were needed.

4. ole miss played 13 games, florida played 14. so tebow attempted 30 less passes in an extra game.

i'm not hating on tebow. he's a great player. but tebow's your god, idol & dream girl & for me to say anything about him is blasphemous andi apologize.

Okay I'm going to take your bait.

1. when did I say UF ran the score up on anyone, I said that they were running trains on teams & during those games Tebow didn't throw the ball. Whenever Tebow had to throw the ball 20+ times, his effectiveness went down.

2. you do realize that Snead during the beginning of last season & the one that closed out the season was a completely different player. don't use stats to make claims about quarterback p

3. did you watch your team last season? they ran for about 250 yards a game. it was the running attack that destroyed teams last year. tell me who was scaring teams with their running ability on the ole miss side. Snead had to win games last season with his arm. What game did the Gators need Tebow's arm to win? Maybe only the Nat'l Championship game, but even then it was #1 who came up with the big plays when they were needed.

4. ole miss played 13 games, florida played 14. so tebow attempted 30 less passes in an extra game.

i'm not hating on tebow. he's a great player. but tebow's your god, idol & dream girl & for me to say anything about him is blasphemous and i apologize.
1. Games with 20+ attempts:
UM: 21/35 256 2 TD 0 INT
Ole Miss: 24/38 319 1 TD 0 INT
Arky: 17/26 217 2 TD 1 INT
LSU: 14/21 210 2 TD 0 INT
USCe: 13/20 173 2 TD 0 INT
FSU: 12/21 185 3 TD 0 INT
Bama: 14/22 216 3 TD 0 INT
OU: 18/30 231 2 TD 2 INT
Total: 133/213 (62.14%) 226 YPG 19/3 TD INT ratio

2. Snead is a better QB because he played 3 good games at the end of the year?
LSU16/25 274 2 TD 0 INT
MSU 14/19 213 4 TD 1 INT (But he threw under 20 passes that shouldn't really count right, since QB's are more effective throwing under 20 passes butI'm generous and will include)
TT: 18/29 292 3 TD 1 INT
48/73 (65.7%) 259 9/2 TD/INT ratio

He plays 3 good games at the end of the year and is labeled the best QB in a conference? Your QB should be consistent he needs to prove that he will show upfor every single game.

3. Went to every home game + SEC CG and MNC. Needed his arm against Bama to win the SEC CG. So Tebow is less of a QB because of Percy. Percy didn't playvs Bama and Tebow took over that 4th quarter and won the game.

4. My bad i'll admit I messed up there but Tebow played a full game (or close) a few times? vs Bama, OU, UM, Ole Miss?

5. He's not my god, idol or dream girl (considering he's a guy). I think Snead is a better pro prospect but in college I can't even believe thisis a debate. I don't know what else to say.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

With the QB situation finally put to bed, LSU all the way.

Les Miles said in the SEC media day that Jarrett Lee and Jordan Jefferson are about even.
sick.gif

and Jordan would start the season off,

even wit jarrett Lee means situation is just as bad as last yr.

Rrussell Shepherd better get it in gear quickly.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

that 3rd team All-SEC offense is godawful.
What does that make Vandy since not one player made it?
honestly, I don't know. Last year UT had 5 players on the team, and their offense finished 116th in the nation.

so i guess our coaches figure that we don't need big time and overhyped recruits to do so poorly on offense.

I'm calling an upset for Sept. 26. Ohio beats Tennesse.
laugh.gif

I'm half serious though. Tennessee plays Ohio sandwiched between a gamet vs. FLA then Auburn. It'll be close.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm calling an upset for Sept. 26. Ohio beats Tennesse.
laugh.gif

I'm half serious though. Tennessee plays Ohio sandwiched between a gamet vs. FLA then Auburn. It'll be close.
auburn is gonna be buns this year tho....

watch their O go out there and lay some eggs & those "never will a black man coach my school" boosters are gonna start saying hmm maybe we shouldhave hired that man Turner Gill.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

With the QB situation finally put to bed, LSU all the way.

Les Miles said in the SEC media day that Jarrett Lee and Jordan Jefferson are about even.
sick.gif

and Jordan would start the season off,

even wit jarrett Lee means situation is just as bad as last yr.

Rrussell Shepherd better get it in gear quickly.
I seriously doubt Lee see any time behind the ball unless he has drastically improved his decision making. They were calling for dude head alllast yr. Jordan is going to start and unless some drastic situation happens were it inhibits both JJ and Shepard I just don't see Lee starting no matterwhat Miles say.

I know its not likely to see Lee play, but for Les to come out and say Lee & JJ are even... that kinda makes me
eek.gif

Maybe we puttoo much stock in that performance vs Ga Tech, LSU came out and jumped to a huge lead so we really didnt see JJ under any duress

Back
Top Bottom