The Official 2012 NBA Casual Wear Thread - We're Back, Word To Magic!

Yall dudes seem to be overreacting and/or salty about this headphone thing. Why yall let meaningless things like this get to you so much? I don't do this but when I'm walking around in the city it don't bother me when I see it.

laugh.gif
@ that random ppl comment. As if ppl are always wearing the headphones on their ears at all times. Like the style aint sometimes to have it around your neck. Besides engaging in conversation with random ppl isn't appealing. The person doesn't need to make themselves approachable or accessible, if they want to talk to random ppl they'll initiate it with the headphones off their ears.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yall dudes seem to be overreacting and/or salty about this headphone thing. Why yall let meaningless things like this get to you so much? I don't do this but when I'm walking around in the city it don't bother me when I see it.

....ive seen people online get visibly upset over someone using their phone to listen to music instead of a dedicated music player 
laugh.gif
. with the same BS justifications for their feelings. on some you look immature listening to music on your phone, as if the average person can tell the difference between the two. especially between and ipod and iphone.
....i guess man, i mean if you want to spend your negative energy on such things by all means man, knock yourself out. just keep in mind just as you are free to get mad over such trivial things that have nothing to do with you directly, that individual has the same freedom to keep on doing them with 0 damns given about how you feel.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

The person doesn't need to make themselves approachable or accessible, if they want to talk to random ppl they'll initiate it with the headphones off their ears.

...according to these guys they do.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Yes it's stupid. What grown man walk around with a headphone all day ?

It's even more stupid to wear a huge headphone like that.

....i do
happy.gif
. im sitting at my desk right now watching The Wire on my phone with my headphones on
pimp.gif
 ....sue me.

Fashion ? More like a sure way to make yourself look like an immature kid

Look at me. I'm 30 and I walk around with a huge headphone on my neck. Yay you like my fashion ?
indifferent.gif

....I'm 33 and I walk around with earbuds on or around my neck, and im 100% happy and comfortable doing so. Yay for me 
laugh.gif

...i also make 54K working for the federal gov't in a dept. of DHS....but i look like an immature kid? okay. fine by me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Dude is right though....I sometimes roll with no music as it isolates you from the world.  If you want to meet new people or engage in conversation with random people, you have to make yourself approachable and accessible. 

....am i not allowed to CHOOSE to not engage in conversations with random people? to not make myself approachable and accessible? i'd much rather you leave me alone. do i not have that freedom?

sick.gif
You're 33 . Good lord.

I'll leave it there for you to decide when to grow up and realize you're not a teen

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Yes it's stupid. What grown man walk around with a headphone all day ?

It's even more stupid to wear a huge headphone like that.

....i do
happy.gif
. im sitting at my desk right now watching The Wire on my phone with my headphones on
pimp.gif
 ....sue me.

Fashion ? More like a sure way to make yourself look like an immature kid

Look at me. I'm 30 and I walk around with a huge headphone on my neck. Yay you like my fashion ?
indifferent.gif

....I'm 33 and I walk around with earbuds on or around my neck, and im 100% happy and comfortable doing so. Yay for me 
laugh.gif

...i also make 54K working for the federal gov't in a dept. of DHS....but i look like an immature kid? okay. fine by me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Dude is right though....I sometimes roll with no music as it isolates you from the world.  If you want to meet new people or engage in conversation with random people, you have to make yourself approachable and accessible. 

....am i not allowed to CHOOSE to not engage in conversations with random people? to not make myself approachable and accessible? i'd much rather you leave me alone. do i not have that freedom?

sick.gif
You're 33 . Good lord.

I'll leave it there for you to decide when to grow up and realize you're not a teen

laugh.gif

...thanks for the permission btw.

You guys can't possibly be this uptight,I mean having a problem with people having headphones on? Seriously?

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

You guys can't possibly be this uptight,I mean having a problem with people having headphones on? Seriously?

....it reminds me of this girl i knew that considered all video games for little boys only. she scoffed at any female or men that enjoyed playing video games, even the little time killers that come pre-installed on your phone.

...i love asinine opinions, and the people that stand behind them like its the law. i marvel at these individuals and their opinions like wildlife.

Yeah, that's the clear divide. I can't understand the logic that wearing headphones in public is something only teens should do. To me anyone subscribing to that train of thought is lame.

Silly is what silly is. I know about the whole SKULL CANDY PHONE look and all. When I see someone like that, I'll instantly categorize them a certain type. I don't care, that's just how this world is. Don't wear stupid clothes and don't have stupid styles.

game 3 - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. San Antonio Spurs - 2012 NBA Western Conference Finals

Russell Westbrook

161de7p.png

145512822.jpg

smokin.gif

Kevin Durant
145512823.jpg

Tony Parker
145512831.jpg

What's immature about wearing dre's/headphones if your over 30? If a person wants to listen to music or watch something, so be it. 

just to add my 2c, it only really bugs me when people (kids/adults) wear them to places where they should be paying attention. like at a basketball game. or when with others, i would find that incredibly rude if i was with my friends and someone had their big %%# headphones on the whole time.

So where are headphones acceptable? Your house? This is madness. 
Every time I go to the supermarket I have my headphones on, what else am I supposed to be doing? I'm walking around the supermarket alone, picking up things, the music helps the time pass by, just like the people who always call someone on the phone when they go to the supermarket. I'm 23

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Did Denise Huxtable design Westbrook's shirt?
laugh.gif
that Gordon Gartrell joint...

Thought there was a big increase in pics because the thread jumped a bit...only to find out yall are yappin about headphones
laugh.gif

I was at the mall and thought about buying bright shirts with weird prints like Westbrook 
laugh.gif
.  It's summer so at least it would look appropriate.  Didn't see any good ones though.  I already have to wear eyeglasses but they are simple ones.

Originally Posted by frink85

just to add my 2c, it only really bugs me when people (kids/adults) wear them to places where they should be paying attention. like at a basketball game. or when with others, i would find that incredibly rude if i was with my friends and someone had their big %%# headphones on the whole time.
His headphones stop him from watching a basketball game?

TP's jacket
pimp.gif

Russell Westbrook may be the worst dressed athlete I've ever see. Its like he's trying to do this bad. He's one of my favorite players too!
30t6p3b.gif

KD is hit or miss.... tall dudes suppose to swag it out. Westbrook +%**%# up

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by frink85

His headphones stop him from watching a basketball game?
It's ignorant regardless of the size....

And for me live sports is about the atmosphere so it kind of defeats the purpose imo... I don't know, i've never tried it so maybe i'm sleeping on it 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

That stuff aside, a clown is a clown. It's easy to look at people and make snap judgements but I ain't bout to throw everybody with a pair of beats into the same bracket.

Back
Top Bottom