THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

McCarthy is better than Garrett, so that’s at least something. If McCarthy was our HC this year, we are probably 11-5

Now re-sign Dak, Coop & Cobb. Maybe Quinn depending on his price

look into LG
A lineman who can get pressure up the middle
Revamp the secondary

Yeah McCarthy is an upgrade
Not who I wanted but at the least he's a significant upgrade
Think the team would have loved to have Urban Meyer
Every player in that locker room would have played for Urban in college if given the opportunity
Jerry only hires corporate guys so Urban didn't fit his preferred profile

If we can resign Coop, I’d be tempted to save the Cobb money and draft a slot that can return kicks.

Then go defense-heavy in the draft.

Need to hope the McGovern kid from Penn State they drafted last year can contribute in Year 2 at either LG or RT and push Collins back inside.

If we can resign Coop, I’d be tempted to save the Cobb money and draft a slot that can return kicks.

Then go defense-heavy in the draft.

Need to hope the McGovern kid from Penn State they drafted last year can contribute in Year 2 at either LG or RT and push Collins back inside.
I wonder if Cobb got along with the MCcarty

And so far I like that Jerry's letting him pick his coaching staff, so far the only hold over is Kellen Moore and yah he might of had a few hiccups last year, but you can't say the offense didn't do well.. only thing I'm wondering is if mike Nolan is going to take the defense to a 3-4 (with personnel I don't think it's doable really) and idk if I like the Joe philbin hire for the offensive line coach.. I think Colombo did a great job at getting the line back together after they tried to bring Alexander to coach for half the season not long ago and he messed the line all up.. but I guess we will see.. and that's if these coaches are actually getting hired, they haven't officially announced anything yet but that's what "sources" are saying.. any thoughts? And what's everyone think bout Tomsula as dline coach.

Rodgers going to the NFC championship game the first year he got his new coach, puts a lot of pressure on McCarthy to get to the NFC championship game his first year with the Cowboys

Jerry did this man wrong. Jimmy has been very classy throughout all these years by remaining silent and keeping his head up. Well Deserved!

He was undersized when he was drafted and a linebacker putting on a lot of weight might not be a good thing
Is he going to be able to maintain his quickness with the additional weight

Yeah for him to take a coordinator position two weeks after being fired as the 10yr head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, is him basically admitting he knew he was not qualified to be a head coach
Jerry wasted 10yrs letting Garrett practice at being a better coach/coordinator

He was undersized when he was drafted and a linebacker putting on a lot of weight might not be a good thing
Is he going to be able to maintain his quickness with the additional weight
He played around 242 lbs his senior year and most draft analysis said that his frame would allow for more weight so I wouldn't say he put on alot of weight considering he's at about 255 and from what I saw he carried it pretty well his rookie season and half of this season.. he works well with jaylon Smith but when Vander esch went down you seen the drop off from Smith too

He played around 242 lbs his senior year and most draft analysis said that his frame would allow for more weight so I wouldn't say he put on alot of weight considering he's at about 255 and from what I saw he carried it pretty well his rookie season and half of this season.. he works well with jaylon Smith but when Vander esch went down you seen the drop off from Smith too
Its his strength thats the biggest concern
He gets swallowed up when teams ground and pound

This is the coaching staff

Dallas Cowboys coaching staff:

HC: Mike McCarthy
OC: Kellen Moore
DC: Mike Nolan
ST: John Fassel
OL: Joe Philbin
QB: Doug Nussmeier
RB: Skip Peete
WR: Adam Henry