THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

@drewdavison 2m2 minutes ago

Source confirms that Cowboys have reached a one-year deal with DT Nick Hayden.

selvie and McClain on their way out tho smh...

Selfie is gone, and with the signing of jasper Brinkley it looks like McClain may be gone too. I say that because Brinkley doesn't play special teams, and his 2 million$ guarantee shows he's going to play.

Reading up on dude it seems as tho he is a two down backer.. Run stopper. I'm all for marinelli throwing numbers at the position. I trust him to have the defense competitive.

Still for my fingers crossed for McClain. Blind optimism maybe?

And I liked nick Hayden. As a rotation guy he brings a lot of energy and disrupts plays here and there. I'd take that all day.

Last edited:
With Lee and Hitchens having a two down Mike is OK as long as Lee is healthy (fingers crossed) and I assume they draft a guy as well

Nick Hayden problem on those pff
Rankings is he doesn't get to the qb he is a decent player but I don't want to have to count on him so one tech needs to be high on this teams draft board

So what happened with that Dez video?
images

Since the Boys doing bargain shopping they should look into bringing in psi Umenyiora or John Abraham at the right price

Yessssssssssssssssssss :pimp:

Frees up what we do in the draft now... Running Back & Defensive Tackle are the two biggest needs.. Everything else is pretty much fine, just need bodies for depth\

Last edited:
I say 1st round is DT, 2nd RD RB, 3rd DT, 4th LB, 5th Corner, 6th KR, 7th Safety.

I say 1st round is DT, 2nd RD RB, 3rd DT, 4th LB, 5th Corner, 6th KR, 7th Safety.

You think we should take a DT in the 1st and 3rd rounds? ....nah one of those picks should be a CB, as I have no faith in Claiborne or Carr, with Sterling Moore gone, that only leaves Scandrick, we do need a pass rushing or run stopping DT, but both picks should not be a DT.

We also should start looking at QB's, Romo is one hit away from being out and I cringe every time he gets off the ground all slow.

You think we should take a DT in the 1st and 3rd rounds? ....nah one of those picks should be a CB, as I have no faith in Claiborne or Carr, with Sterling Moore gone, that only leaves Scandrick, we do need a pass rushing or run stopping DT, but both picks should not be a DT.

We also should start looking at QB's, Romo is one hit away from being out and I cringe every time he gets off the ground all slow.

Exactly, I've been saying our secondary has been suspect all off season, we need to sign a veteran or draft someone in the first three rounds.

Romo restructured contract...

they still pushing for A.P?

It's most definitely for AP, $13M saved this year, some of which will go to McClain.

Source: Tony Romo has restructured his contract with the #Cowboys. Will save the team $13M in cap space.

Hardy is a big portion of that money. Have to remember that.

Unless they cut Carr. Which I think we should wait a season especially with Moore leaving.

Last edited:
Cowboys have approx. 3 million in working capital according to Mike Fisher (takes in account draftee signings, Rolando, etc...)

agree with all of this

I thought we didn't want romo we doing his deal because it mess up the cap in the future?

Exactly, I've been saying our secondary has been suspect all off season, we need to sign a veteran or draft someone in the first three rounds.

Pass rush will help secondary's, Church & Wilcox Carr + Scandrick + Claibourne at slot, + White + Patmon.
Carr's going to take a pay cut.

Pass rush will help secondary's, Church & Wilcox Carr + Scandrick + Claibourne at slot, + White + Patmon.
Carr's going to take a pay cut.
yes it will but you can only cover up some bums for so long look at what happened to us towards the end of the year and also the eagles.

your not going to get a pass rush for 16 games all game by the DL, guys will have to cover and outside of scandrick(who im shock to say this) who do you trust back there covering WR?

Pass rush will help secondary's, Church

yes it will but you can only cover up some bums for so long look at what happened to us towards the end of the year and also the eagles.

your not going to get a pass rush for 16 games all game by the DL, guys will have to cover and outside of scandrick(who im shock to say this) who do you trust back there covering WR?

Exactly, we can't keep preaching "pass rush" .. plus our pass rush won't be relevant until at least Week 6 when Hardy comes back and even then we're still relying on a guy who's missed a year & half.

Fix that secondary Jerry and please don't let it be some guy from a small school who's only played the position for a year :smh:

Back
Top Bottom