THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

There's a lot of buzz around NFL circles that the Cowboys scare the death out of other teams.

NFL Execs: The Cowboys Under Stephen Jones Are Turning into a 'Scary' Contender - Mike Freeman, Bleacher Report
Freeman, NFL National lead writer at B/R, is stunned by the feedback he's getting from around the league.

The Cowboys, once again, are a legitimate threat. And there's a simple reason: They are making smart decisions. Tons of them. This is something that hasn't happened in many years.
The personnel men I've spoken to over the past few days believe the Cowboys are neatly positioned to win the division and within a year or two—maybe even this season—make a strong Super Bowl run. All of this seems a bit fast for me, but I've continued to hear after the draft how impressed the rest of the league is with the Cowboys and what they're doing.

The main thing these teams see is a different philosophical bent. They point to the growing influence of Stephen Jones—Jerry's son and the Cowboys' chief operating officer, executive vice president and director of player personnel—on the football product.

NFL GM: Cowboys are 'Super Bowl-caliber team' with Stephen Jones - Ryan Wilson, CBSSports.com
Stephen Jones has done a masterful job of keeping his dad in check while also forcing other executives around the league to take the Cowboys seriously, Wilson explains.

One NFL general manager even went so far as to tell BleacherReport.com's Mike Freeman that "The Cowboys are starting to scare me." And it has everything to do with Stephen's voice (of reason) being the loudest in the room.

"You could always count on Jerry Jones f--king things up," the GM said. "That isn't happening any longer. That's a Super Bowl-caliber team now."

Meanwhile, Stephen, whose fingerprints are all over rebuilding the Cowboys' offensive line into the league's best -- and who also kept Jerry from drafting Manziel two years ago -- is earning respect from his peers.

"He was seen by a lot of people in football as a trust fund baby masquerading as a football guy," the GM said. "Now he's just an excellent football guy."

Football Outsiders has us easily winning the NFC East.... They think we'll have the 25th pick with Giants 3, Eagles (Browns now) 6th, Washington "Football" Club 7th

Stephen Jones has been doing his thing. I love his demeanor also. He has a way of using his poker face, really well. He seems like a no nonsense person.

Might get to go to my first cowboys game this year excited. Unfortunately it won't be at Jerry's world

Im beyond ready to see the approach to this seasons offense. 

Use the tri-head running attack or pass pass pass.

Im beyond ready to see the approach to this seasons offense. 

Use the tri-head running attack or pass pass pass.

I think we need to run first due to our o line and Ez.

let that open up some things for an aging Witten

ALWAYS FEED DEZ IN 1 ON 1 SITUATIONS...also put him in motion at the line of scrimmage as well.

I love Dez's heart, but i think he's prone to get hurt on those plays where he's fighting for extra yards. Ill neve knock it, cause i love the heart and effort, but for the greater good, he may need to just go down when they got a hold of him.

Defense is what we need to improve upon tho...smh

Looks like Justin Durant should be signed soon on a 1 year deal.

Welcome Back

Last edited:
Yea Durant is coo, but he likes to get hurt alot. He should be good though, at least until his relief comes in...

I'm not buying it.
I don't think he's that stupid, but we will wait for the facts.
Person in the car said there wasn't an assault.

Zeke now Hardy, When it rains....... When was the last time the Cowboys started the season without any top players injured or suspended?

Watched yesterday's game, I like what Presscot brought to the table. When Romo season is done in November I think he will be the future

Yeah Dak looked really good yesterday.
That second half defense was atrocious though.
All those missed tackles. :smh:

Wasn't a fan of our defense at all yesterday, some flashes of good but man. Prescott was looking great and I even saw some good from Showers.

Back
Top Bottom