The Official 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Thread

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

Best New Artist was still bull, her first Album was released in '06, she's not new*****.

Are you seriously over here upset Justin Beiber didn't win? You better be a female and have Beiber fever.
Did I mention Justin? No Did I mention Drake? No
Why didn't Lady Antebellum win best Rap Album........OH! because they don't create Rap Music
eek.gif

So an artist who has been professionally making music since 2006 shouldn't even be nominated in the Best New Artist category.
I retyped my first statement in bold on the off chance you misread it.

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what
I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me

I can't even hate on Arcade Fire winning because I never even heard of them. Dude up top said they got 3 prior albums? I thought they were a new group.
laugh.gif

I didn't realize that Kanye's first three albums were all up for AotY and it's likely that MBDTF will be as well so that makes 4/5 is that the highest percentage?

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by bkmac

How did Arcade Fire win? 
eek.gif
I mean I have a few of their songs on my iPod, but still...

Because The Suburbs is @#*$%!* amazing.
is this sarcasm?

it has to be. there's no other explanation for this post

You didn't like it?

I'm not really too mad. My man Em took home 3 (I predicted 5), The Roots and J Legend got two, Bruno Mars did his thing, Jigga got few. So did Usher. The wealth was clearly spread.

Best New Artist was still bull, her first Album was released in '06, she's not new*****.

Are you seriously over here upset Justin Beiber didn't win? You better be a female and have Beiber fever.
Why didn't Lady Antebellum win best Rap Album........OH! because they don't create Rap Music
eek.gif

So an artist who has been professionally making music since 2006 shouldn't even be nominated in the Best New Artist category.
So who do you think should've won? Because not one of those artists are technically "new". All of those artists had songs on the radio in 2009. Two years ago. So if you got beef with her because she's not new than you should have a problem with everyone in that category. Maybe except Drake since his album just dropped in June but even he had a song on the radio in 2009.

i can't believe people think the arcade fire make good music

they're completely full of #%!%
Seriously, shut up.
laugh.gif

You don't like it, not your taste, fine, but why do you think your opinions are so important? My goodness, grow up.

To the guy a few posts up, Suburbs was their third album. Personally, I liked Neon Bible the best.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Rather watch the BET awards

BET Awards gets a tough rep but its far more entertaining than any other award show. MTV Video awards suck, Movie awards suck, all these award shows suck. Soul Train Awards probably was the best award show i've seen recently.

But Lil B performing to close out the Grammys would have saved the whole show...Based God performing "Pretty Boy" with a live band and 100 @!+@%+% on the stage
eek.gif
pimp.gif
SWAG!

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

But Lil B performing to close out the Grammys would have saved the whole show...Based God performing "Pretty Boy" with a live band and 100 @!+@%+% on the stage
eek.gif
pimp.gif
SWAG!
just thinking about it has me
laugh.gif

eek.gif

So who do you think should've won? Because not one of those artists are technically "new". All of those artists had songs on the radio in 2009. Two years ago. So if you got beef with her because she's not new than you should have a problem with everyone in that category. Maybe except Drake since his album just dropped in June but even he had a song on the radio in 2009.
"The eligibility period for the 2011 Grammy Awards is September 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010."- Wikipedia (quickest source I could get, humor me though)

The latest CD she has worked on was released in August of 2009, ouch just missed the cut homie.
I'm not looking for e-beef but she isn't new, I don't like Drake or Justin like that so don't come at me like that's all I listen to.
According to their (National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences) rules she shouldn't even be nominated. That is my argument not who should have won, just that she shouldn't be in there.

I'm happy for Esperanza
pimp.gif

Very talented, and deserves all of the newfound exposure she's going to get from her win.

i can't believe people think the arcade fire make good music

they're completely full of #%!%

oh i see. thats where u were going with it.

ok nvm.

Back
Top Bottom