The Official 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Thread

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

"The eligibility period for the 2011 Grammy Awards is September 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010."- Wikipedia (quickest source I could get, humor me though)

The latest CD she has worked on was released in August of 2009, ouch just missed the cut homie.
I'm not looking for e-beef but she isn't new, I don't like Drake or Justin like that so don't come at me like that's all I listen to.
According to their (National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences) rules she shouldn't even be nominated. That is my argument not who should have won, just that she shouldn't be in there.
Also from Wikipedia:

The official guidelines are as follows: For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist. Note that this is not necessarily the first album released by an artist.
So really this counts

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by bkmac

How did Arcade Fire win? 
eek.gif
I mean I have a few of their songs on my iPod, but still...

Because The Suburbs is @#*$%!* amazing.
is this sarcasm?

it has to be. there's no other explanation for this post

You didn't like it?

Brothers by Black Keys was the album of the year IMO

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Best New Artist was still bull, her first Album was released in '06, she's not new*****.

Are you seriously over here upset Justin Beiber didn't win? You better be a female and have Beiber fever.
Did I mention Justin? No Did I mention Drake? No
Why didn't Lady Antebellum win best Rap Album........OH! because they don't create Rap Music
eek.gif

So an artist who has been professionally making music since 2006 shouldn't even be nominated in the Best New Artist category.
I retyped my first statement in bold on the off chance you misread it.
So who do you think should've won? Because not one of those artists are technically "new". All of those artists had songs on the radio in 2009. Two years ago. So if you got beef with her because she's not new than you should have a problem with everyone in that category. Maybe except Drake since his album just dropped in June but even he had a song on the radio in 2009.
"The eligibility period for the 2011 Grammy Awards is September 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010."- Wikipedia (quickest source I could get, humor me though)

The latest CD she has worked on was released in August of 2009, ouch just missed the cut homie.
I'm not looking for e-beef but she isn't new, I don't like Drake or Justin like that so don't come at me like that's all I listen to.
According to their (National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences) rules she shouldn't even be nominated. That is my argument not who should have won, just that she shouldn't be in there.

Nobody nominated in that category made the deadline though homie 
I guessed they felt that they needed to bind the rules this time around

On another note didnt Justin win that last year

Originally Posted by finnns2003

i can't believe people think the arcade fire make good music

they're completely full of #%!%
Seriously, shut up.
laugh.gif

You don't like it, not your taste, fine, but why do you think your opinions are so important? My goodness, grow up.

To the guy a few posts up, Suburbs was their third album. Personally, I liked Neon Bible the best.

you're such a predictable, no-taste-having hypocrite

run of the mill, blissful type dude.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Also from Wikipedia:

The official guidelines are as follows: For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist. Note that this is not necessarily the first album released by an artist.
So really this counts

Then I retire, I am wrong, no sarcasm. I'll let her celebrate in peace.
I'm not the typical NT type that would keep arguing for nothing.
While she was the second most googled person I wonder why she flew under my radar, I don't just listen to Hip Hop and I hate modern radio.

EDIT: (during the Eligibility Year) ?? Why accept the whole year when it started in September? I take my surrender back until this is explained.

To help end this argument, here are some previous Best New Artist Winners: Amy Winehouse in 08 (First album released in 03), Zac Brown Band last year (04), Lauryn Hill in 99 (if the fugees counts), Carrie Underwood, and the list goes on and on. The best way to look at the award is when the artist "blew up."

I already answered to that - but the album she was nominated for is a month before the cutoff date which is the issue

Best New Artist was still bull, her first Album was released in '06, she's not new*****.

Are you seriously over here upset Justin Beiber didn't win? You better be a female and have Beiber fever.
Why didn't Lady Antebellum win best Rap Album........OH! because they don't create Rap Music
eek.gif

So an artist who has been professionally making music since 2006 shouldn't even be nominated in the Best New Artist category.
So who do you think should've won? Because not one of those artists are technically "new". All of those artists had songs on the radio in 2009. Two years ago. So if you got beef with her because she's not new than you should have a problem with everyone in that category. Maybe except Drake since his album just dropped in June but even he had a song on the radio in 2009.

Well according to that than Drake shouldn't be nominated either because he dropped 3 albums prior to his debut album last year?

My theory; they wanted to nominate her last year but didn't and gave it to her this year instead

Edit: actually according to allmusic Chamber Music Society came out in August of 2010 making her eligible; maybe someone screwed with Wikipedia?

eek.gif

Well according to that than Drake shouldn't be nominated either because he dropped 3 albums prior to his debut album last year?
None of them are new 

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

eek.gif

None of them are new 
I agree. Most of these artists never are. I remember that one year Maroon 5 was nominated for a album that came out 2 years prior but they considered them Best New Artists. And its been a LONG year because I could've sworn Drake and Justin were nominated last year for this same award.
laugh.gif
Sure feels like it anyway.

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by bkmac

How did Arcade Fire win? 
eek.gif
I mean I have a few of their songs on my iPod, but still...

Because The Suburbs is @#*$%!* amazing.
is this sarcasm?

it has to be. there's no other explanation for this post

You didn't like it?

Brothers by Black Keys was the album of the year IMO

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Brothers won best alternative album.

eek.gif

None of them are new 
I agree. Most of these artists never are. I remember that one year Maroon 5 was nominated for a album that came out 2 years prior but they considered them Best New Artists. And its been a LONG year because I could've sworn Drake and Justin were nominated last year for this same award.
laugh.gif
Sure feels like it anyway.
yeah they were I remember when Drake was looking salty about him winning 
it was even a gif but I cant find it

yeah they were I remember when Drake was looking salty about him winning 
it was even a gif but I cant find it
That was the VMAs

This year was a horrible show. Bruno, BOB and Janelle KILLED it though! While unfortunately, this was the first performance from Gaga that I wasn't feeling.

Eminem needs to lighten up sometimes too. Dude always got that stoneface on
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

This year was a horrible show. Bruno, BOB and Janelle KILLED it though! While unfortunately, this was the first performance from Gaga that I wasn't feeling.

Eminem needs to lighten up sometimes too. Dude always got that stoneface on
laugh.gif

Em always be OD'ing with the hand movements too when he performs.

Back
Top Bottom