The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

What's the fit like on the Lillard 2 Primeknit/Boost? Adidas is just all over the spectrum in terms of sizing, I really don't think I've had two pairs fit the same way. Should I size down like last years?

What's the fit like on the Lillard 2 Primeknit/Boost? Adidas is just all over the spectrum in terms of sizing, I really don't think I've had two pairs fit the same way. Should I size down like last years?

I went a half size down and mine fit perfect

After a few games and trainings, I can give my thoughts on the Lillard 2 and compare them to the Rose 6.

First of all the design of the shoe and the cw are wonderful.

Traction:

Great traction, similar to the Kobe 9 maybe better, the more the surface of your sole cover the ground the more you will have traction and grip (think about the race cars which have slick tire) so the really small groove help you to bite the floor. The main issue comes from the dust, the herringbone pattern cuts the dust so the sole is in contact to the floor it's not the case with the Lillard 2 and the almost slick sole, so you need to wipe.

I play on a rubberish floor which is clean so I dont have any slipping issues, I can put the pressure I want on the shoe.

The Lillard 2 is slightly better than the Rose 6 on clean court, but the Derrick's shoe can go on any courts and bite the floor, we are talking here about top-notch traction.

The only downside of the traction can come from the upper of the Lillard, indeed fabric upper have a lighter containment so maybe you can lose a bit of dynamism. I feel that way but when I see Damian Lillard crossing and dunking on everyone in the NBA, I have a small doubt concerning the lighter containment. It can be a question of personnal sensations, I feel more confident with an upper a bit more solid.

Cushion:

A-MA-ZING! Really cool cushion, I was skeptical about the comments and I'm in love with the Boost on the Rose 6. Dont get me wrong Boost is unbelievable, the Lillard cushion is an other answer to the great quest of cushioning. Bounce is almost like a foam equivalent of the Nike zoom. I think it's the best way to describe Bounce cushion. The Lillard 2 have the same levelling of the Rose 6 so I'll quote myself "the heel is a bit higher than the forefoot, it avoids a lot of problems like shinsplints because your calves do a little less course, as a result there is a little less stretching of the muscles" the forefoot is thinner so it has less cushion than the heel which feel so good. But cushion is for me more important in the heel.

For the people who like minimal setups, the midsole can be a bit thick for them but not that much because Bounce has the perfect firmness/cushion equation, so you have a decent court feel.

Material, fit and support:

I have the home cw.

I'm not a huge fan of the fabric upper, but it must be recognized that the quality is fantastic and not just for the fabric but for all the other materials like the suede, the neoprene sock and the neting on the internal side. The shoe feels soft where it needs, so you have a great flex without any restriction especially on the external sides of your feet which is the weakest side, the orther side is more structured with the suede, the ruber parts and the heel counter with its good inner pillows. To sum up, you are in a neoprene bootee with great and wise reinforcements. In fact I prefer the upper of the Lillard 2 thant the one of the JC2 and the XX9, it feels more solid and supportive.

My size is 12 (Nike, UA), I went with the the half size down for the Lillard, I bought the Rose6 also in 11.5 and had to exchange it for the 12 because Adidas sizing chart is a bit strange (check the length number to find the right size). Back to the Damian shoe, to go half size down wasnt the perfect decision, I like to wear double sock (a standard sock and a really thin) to feel snug when I dont have a performance sock but it my feet felt very compressed on the sides with the two options of socks. So now I use a standard pair of socks and it feels ok and the fit is perfect. For my next Lillard 2, I'll go with my classic 12, but it's my personal preference. The Lillard 2 fit is great thanks to the upper, the heel padding, the lacing system and the neoprene bootee. Concerning the support, it's a low top shoe so the support is not present for the ankles but for the rest it's perfect because of the fit and the lockdown. The heel counter is huge and keep your foot in place, no lateral slipping or anything.

Overall:

Even if I'm not really into fabric upper The Lillard 2 is a great shoe, I feel like few years ago when the Kobe line from the 4th to the 6th where killing it technically and esthetically. Yes, the Lillard 2 is a really well made shoe non content to be the elite of the bball shoes of the year, the Damian shoe is one of the cheapest. Adidas have a crazy signature lineup this year with the Rose and the Lillard, I hope they'll continue in this direction (price, tech and design) for the future. Please Adidas bring us more cw!

Last edited:
I went a half size down and mine fit perfect
Hmm, don't know what to do. My true size is a 10, but I wear 10.5's for basketball across all Nike because i have really wide feet. For the Lillards, only 10.5 and 9.5 are in stock, so I kind of have to decide if i should move down to the 9.5, or trust that my feet wont be swimming in the 10.5

Called 'Static'
Cb6qyg-UYAQIdVi.jpg:large

Last edited:
Hmm, don't know what to do. My true size is a 10, but I wear 10.5's for basketball across all Nike because i have really wide feet. For the Lillards, only 10.5 and 9.5 are in stock, so I kind of have to decide if i should move down to the 9.5, or trust that my feet wont be swimming in the 10.5

I have a mildly wide foot and hate tight shoes(Only wear casually) and my TTS in these are a snug fit cause of the fixed tounge. My Nike TTS is 11.5 and that's what I've gone with in the Lillard 1 & 2 and 2015 CLBoost. I would go with the 10.5 if I was you.

Last edited:
I'm from the UK but both pairs have been £95 here
My apologies as I was only thinking of the US market which did have a $35 usd increase in price for the triple white pair as opposed to purple pair which also has boost and a Primeknit upper. Again my apologies

View media item 1925321 adidas simply got it right with these, I love the fade on the glow midsole. Also my first 3 pairs of 2's all came in different boxes that went along with the theme of the sneakers which is a nice touch

Last edited:
adidas simply got it right with these, I love the fade on the glow midsole. Also my first 3 pairs of 2's all came in different boxes that went along with the theme of the sneakers which is a nice touch
could you upload pic of the 3 boxes? thanks

After a few games and trainings, I can give my thoughts on the Lillard 2 and compare them to the Rose 6.

First of all the design of the shoe and the cw are wonderful.

Traction:

Great traction, similar to the Kobe 9 maybe better, the more the surface of your sole cover the ground the more you will have traction and grip (think about the race cars which have slick tire) so the really small groove help you to bite the floor. The main issue comes from the dust, the herringbone pattern cuts the dust so the sole is in contact to the floor it's not the case with the Lillard 2 and the almost slick sole, so you need to wipe.

I play on a rubberish floor which is clean so I dont have any slipping issues, I can put the pressure I want on the shoe.

The Lillard 2 is slightly better than the Rose 6 on clean court, but the Derrick's shoe can go on any courts and bite the floor, we are talking here about top-notch traction.

The only downside of the traction can come from the upper of the Lillard, indeed fabric upper have a lighter containment so maybe you can lose a bit of dynamism. I feel that way but when I see Damian Lillard crossing and dunking on everyone in the NBA, I have a small doubt concerning the lighter containment. It can be a question of personnal sensations, I feel more confident with an upper a bit more solid.

Cushion:

A-MA-ZING! Really cool cushion, I was skeptical about the comments and I'm in love with the Boost on the Rose 6. Dont get me wrong Boost is unbelievable, the Lillard cushion is an other answer to the great quest of cushioning. Bounce is almost like a foam equivalent of the Nike zoom. I think it's the best way to describe Bounce cushion. The Lillard 2 have the same levelling of the Rose 6 so I'll quote myself "the heel is a bit higher than the forefoot, it avoids a lot of problems like shinsplints because your calves do a little less course, as a result there is a little less stretching of the muscles" the forefoot is thinner so it has less cushion than the heel which feel so good. But cushion is for me more important in the heel.

For the people who like minimal setups, the midsole can be a bit thick for them but not that much because Bounce has the perfect firmness/cushion equation, so you have a decent court feel.

Material, fit and support:

I have the home cw.

I'm not a huge fan of the fabric upper, but it must be recognized that the quality is fantastic and not just for the fabric but for all the other materials like the suede, the neoprene sock and the neting on the internal side. The shoe feels soft where it needs, so you have a great flex without any restriction especially on the external sides of your feet which is the weakest side, the orther side is more structured with the suede, the ruber parts and the heel counter with its good inner pillows. To sum up, you are in a neoprene bootee with great and wise reinforcements. In fact I prefer the upper of the Lillard 2 thant the one of the JC2 and the XX9, it feels more solid and supportive.

My size is 12 (Nike, UA), I went with the the half size down for the Lillard, I bought the Rose6 also in 11.5 and had to exchange it for the 12 because Adidas sizing chart is a bit strange (check the length number to find the right size). Back to the Damian shoe, to go half size down wasnt the perfect decision, I like to wear double sock (a standard sock and a really thin) to feel snug when I dont have a performance sock but it my feet felt very compressed on the sides with the two options of socks. So now I use a standard pair of socks and it feels ok and the fit is perfect. For my next Lillard 2, I'll go with my classic 12, but it's my personal preference. The Lillard 2 fit is great thanks to the upper, the heel padding, the lacing system and the neoprene bootee. Concerning the support, it's a low top shoe so the support is not present for the ankles but for the rest it's perfect because of the fit and the lockdown. The heel counter is huge and keep your foot in place, no lateral slipping or anything.

Overall:

Even if I'm not really into fabric upper The Lillard 2 is a great shoe, I feel like few years ago when the Kobe line from the 4th to the 6th where killing it technically and esthetically. Yes, the Lillard 2 is a really well made shoe non content to be the elite of the bball shoes, the shoe is one of the cheapest. Adidas have a crazy signature lineup this year with the Rose and the Lillard, I hope they'll continue in this direction (price, tech and design) for the future. Please Adidas bring us more cw!
That's strange that your traction was that great when that's the biggest complaint on the shoe. I hope it stays that way. 
Called 'Static'
Cb6qyg-UYAQIdVi.jpg:large
Yeah I might have to go ahead and get those. 

Pulled the trigger on the Triple White's, package coming tomorrow. I can't believe there was only a $20 price increase between the standard Lillard, and the Primeknit/Boost model. Damn impressive; really can't wait to get these on court, and I haven't played in an Adidas model since the Rose 2.5.

Last edited:
Not bad but I'll be passing like... lol. Where's the 30% off adidas?!?! so I can order these mi Lillards :nerd:
CcAuq8UVIAAajLp.jpg:large

That's strange that your traction was that great when that's the biggest complaint on the shoe. I hope it stays that way. 
Seems to be mostly the Rip City gum bottoms that got iffy traction reviews.

My Aways were pretty much on par with any other shoe in my rotation.  Not the best out of the bunch, but no issues whatsoever.  I play on a fairly well maintained court though.

I've said it before, to me I can't point out anything bad about them.  Possibly outsole durability and playing on dusty courts could be a problem.  I don't like them as much as other shoes, but the shoes I like more also cost more.

Where's the 30% off adidas?!?!
And a date for the Rip City re-release on top of that.

Lillard is not getting enough credit.  I feel like if anyone else scored 51 against any team it'd be big news.  Lillard does it against Golden State and there was hardly a peep.  That chip on his shoulder is getting bigger and bigger.

Have worn my triple whites on court several times now and they are absolute beasts. Personally love the cushion, boost absorbs all heel impact while great court feel on forefoot. Traction is great on indoor courts, not squeaky, but no slippage. Shoe breathes so well. Coming from curry 1s that had no breathing and got sticky after 1 wear its so nice to experience primeknit. Always been a nike guy but damn adidas absolutely crushed these.

Seems to be mostly the Rip City gum bottoms that got iffy traction reviews.

My Aways were pretty much on par with any other shoe in my rotation.  Not the best out of the bunch, but no issues whatsoever.  I play on a fairly well maintained court though.

I've said it before, to me I can't point out anything bad about them.  Possibly outsole durability and playing on dusty courts could be a problem.  I don't like them as much as other shoes, but the shoes I like more also cost more.

Thanks for the info! When you compared to the Kobe 's though :nerd:

I didn't read his entire post, but I don't necessarily agree with some things.

I can't comment on the traction compared to the Kobe IX since I've only played in the IX's once, but they are better than the X's in my opinion.  Seems like most people put the IX's as one of the best ever in terms of traction, but I wouldn't know.

Back
Top Bottom