THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Outsole takes time to break in and for traction to get good. I'd recommend wearing them around as beater shoe to get that first layer of factory tread off.

How did you guys find the vol 2 for outdoors use? Currently I play in Dame 4 indoors and use runners for outdoor ball.. and am planning on getting a pair of vol 2 for outdoors as the outsole on the dames are too soft and would wear out quickly.

Get the CLB18 for outdoor but go half size down.

Get the CLB18 for outdoor but go half size down.

Thanks for the suggestion. Would you still recommend the CLB18 over the harden vol 2 if I am able to get them for roughly the same price?
One of the main reasons I'm interested in the Harden 2 is due to cushion/impact protection (foot and left leg are sore for 1-2 days after bball with runners..) This shoe most likely will be used strictly for outdoor courts and maybe indoor on the rare occasion.

MVIMG_20180405_214152.jpg
MVIMG_20180405_214026.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. Would you still recommend the CLB18 over the harden vol 2 if I am able to get them for roughly the same price?
One of the main reasons I'm interested in the Harden 2 is due to cushion/impact protection (foot and left leg are sore for 1-2 days after bball with runners..) This shoe most likely will be used strictly for outdoor courts and maybe indoor on the rare occasion.

Impact/cushioning is about the same as the Harden and the traction will hold up better.

I hope adidas has something good cooking for the Vol. 3. The Vol. 2 is such a big step down from the Vol. 1 aesthetically. If those rumored launch dates (Sep. 2018) for Vol. 3 are accurate, it seems adidas wants to wipe their hands of the Vol. 2 ASAP.

I hope adidas has something good cooking for the Vol. 3. The Vol. 2 is such a big step down from the Vol. 1 aesthetically. If those rumored launch dates (Sep. 2018) for Vol. 3 are accurate, it seems adidas wants to wipe their hands of the Vol. 2 ASAP.

That's crazy to have a new model out that quick

I honestly think Vol 2 was something adidas already had in the vault and slapped a Harden Logo on it.
I could see this being true. The Vol. 1 had Harden sprinkled all over it: toe cap for protection and support for the sudden stops and changes of directions (Euro steps), asymmetrical lacing that was also on the last Nike shoe he wore. There was supposed to be a Fashion Week CW of the Vol. 1 as well that never released.

Based on the info I was told, the Vol. 2 kept being delayed, hence it dropping in Feb. 2018 when the Vol. 1 dropped in Nov. 2016. My guess is Harden wasn't satisfied with the Vol. 2 and they had to keep going back to the drawing board. They probably had to give up with revisions at a certain point and just release the shoe. That's why you're seeing a CW drop like every other week.

Last edited:
Feel like it could have the Vol 1. depending Adidas release strategy. The Vol. 1 was such a knock out of the park compared to the Vol. 2, but depending the CW, the Vol. 2 is growing on me.

i personally like the feel of the vol 2 more than the vol 1 after playing in them for a month+. i only wear basketball shoes to play basketball in so i can't speak much on casual wear.

that being said, both of my customized pairs shipped today and should be here by next friday. i'll post pics once i get them. ordered them 2.5 weeks ago and should have them 3.5 weeks after ordering just in case anyone was curious.

Adidas sizing is so whacky.

For the Harden 1 and CLB ‘17 I had to go full size down.

I tried on the Harden 2 half size down and they fit well. Still gotta try a full size down and then feast when they go on sale.

I like the Harden 2 More than the 1. Comfort is amazing and more plush than the 1. More casual friendly in my opinion.

I’m thinking about picking up a pair of Vol 2s for beaters... any info on the comfort of these outside of the court?
A lot more casual friendly. Think of a blend between the LS and PK Vol. 1. Really plush cushion that you can lounge around in without laces due to the band that wraps around your midfoot.

Adidas sizing is so whacky.

For the Harden 1 and CLB ‘17 I had to go full size down.

I tried on the Harden 2 half size down and they fit well. Still gotta try a full size down and then feast when they go on sale.

I like the Harden 2 More than the 1. Comfort is amazing and more plush than the 1. More casual friendly in my opinion.
Vol 1 is so much better for casual wear I can't even wear my 2s because that damn strap is so tight and no cushioning around the ankle. Vol 1 is far superior for casual wear

MiAdidas. I dunno why people are sleeping on the 2 -- I personally think it's a good next model from the 1. A lot more plush and supportive.
Being honest I think a lot of folks at least online sleep on this sneaker because of what most sneaker reviewers said. Most of the reviewers say the grip is trash so have most if the people playing in them online. I can't speak on their actual experience but personally I haven't had a new pair of sneakers regardless of brand that gave me trouble grip wise anymore than usual depending on court conditions.

I honestly think Vol 2 was something adidas already had in the vault and slapped a Harden Logo on it.
Meh, i disagree. Adidas seems to really let their celebs and athletes take part of the designing. And for a dude like harden i can tell he was a big part of the vol 2 design. Only someone like him would approve of such weird looking shoe lol

Being honest I think a lot of folks at least online sleep on this sneaker because of what most sneaker reviewers said. Most of the reviewers say the grip is trash so have most if the people playing in them online. I can't speak on their actual experience but personally I haven't had a new pair of sneakers regardless of brand that gave me trouble grip wise anymore than usual depending on court conditions.

Jordan 31's and 32's had bad grip for me. So much so that I had to get rid of them.

The thing is for me, I play at dusty LA fitness gyms. XX8, XX9, Kobe 8 & 9, CLB 2016, Soldier 9, and Curry 2 are the only shoes I haven’t had issues in. Vol 1 was sub par traction wise (compared to the shoes I listed), I don’t like having to wipe every defensive possession so I’m going to pass on these.

Back
Top Bottom