THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing is for me, I play at dusty LA fitness gyms. XX8, XX9, Kobe 8 & 9, CLB 2016, Soldier 9, and Curry 2 are the only shoes I haven’t had issues in. Vol 1 was sub par traction wise (compared to the shoes I listed), I don’t like having to wipe every defensive possession so I’m going to pass on these.
Thats interesting. My Vol 1's held me down at every LA fitness court I played at. My only complaint about those was the heel slip. Adidas sizing is the absolute worst!

Thats interesting. My Vol 1's held me down at every LA fitness court I played at. My only complaint about those was the heel slip. Adidas sizing is the absolute worst!

I wouldn’t say they were bad just not on the same level as the shoes I listed, a lot more wiping necessary. Adidas sizing is terrible, I wear a 10 in literally every JB/ nike basketball shoe I own. Get it together adidas.

I've had very good overall experiences with the Vol 1 and 2. They are two of my favorite basketball shoes from the last few years. If you have interest in trying out the Vol 2s, then I would buy them from ADC. They have a 45 or 60 day return policy. You can play in them for a few weeks and send them back for a full refund if you don't like them. It's a great way to take adidas shoes for a test drive. There are so many good choices these days, it can be hard to get excited to try out shoes that get mixed reviews. Best of luck.

Up for pre-order! I signed up for the email list again (15% off) and got them for $127.50 shipped!
https://www.adidas.com/us/harden-vol.-2-shoes/F34361.html
F34361_01_standard.jpg

F34361_02_hover_frv.jpg

Last edited:
I've had very good overall experiences with the Vol 1 and 2. They are two of my favorite basketball shoes from the last few years. If you have interest in trying out the Vol 2s, then I would buy them from ADC. They have a 45 or 60 day return policy. You can play in them for a few weeks and send them back for a full refund if you don't like them. It's a great way to take adidas shoes for a test drive. There are so many good choices these days, it can be hard to get excited to try out shoes that get mixed reviews. Best of luck.
probably the smartest thing said on NT today

Jordan 31's and 32's had bad grip for me. So much so that I had to get rid of them.
I don't know where y'all cats ball at because I have both of these and have no issues with grip.

Up for pre-order! I signed up for the email list again (15% off) and got them for $127.50 shipped!
https://www.adidas.com/us/harden-vol.-2-shoes/F34361.html
F34361_01_standard.jpg

F34361_02_hover_frv.jpg
Them things in that cw are trash to me. I like the other black cw way better. Looking like updated ref sneaks nah. You like it I love it for you though.

i have a very very slight issue with 31s only because i don't cut and slash often, but the court i play on for league games is at a junior high and tho the court is clean, it hasn't been resurface for a long time, so it's slippery because the hardwood has gone thru so much. when i look at my shoes afterward, they're not really dirty nor dusty.

Yeah the 31/32 with translucent soles pick up dust easily and basically turn into a slip and slide. The issue goes away once you get a solid rubber though.

I don't know where y'all cats ball at because I have both of these and have no issues with grip.

I've played on several courts and if you cut, do crossovers and change directions sharply they slide. With dust, they slide. On clean courts when cutting at certain angles, they slide.

If the court is dusty, the shoes are dangerous. I've watched Jimmy Butler and Mike Conley slip and slide because of the shoes on NBA courts.

I'm glad to hear that's not your experience.

i have a very very slight issue with 31s only because i don't cut and slash often, but the court i play on for league games is at a junior high and tho the court is clean, it hasn't been resurface for a long time, so it's slippery because the hardwood has gone thru so much. when i look at my shoes afterward, they're not really dirty nor dusty.

If you don't cut or slash you're good.

Yeah the 31/32 with translucent soles pick up dust easily and basically turn into a slip and slide. The issue goes away once you get a solid rubber though.

I had the gum soles on the 31's, haven't tried the solid soles on the 32's but I'll give them a try.

Them things in that cw are trash to me. I like the other black cw way better. Looking like updated ref sneaks nah. You like it I love it for you though.

I ordered them to hoop in... they'll never see anything other than the hardwood, plus I have a thing for black boost.

Haven't had an issue cutting or changing directions in mine. Then again they clean the floors pretty well @ onelife.

I ordered them to hoop in... they'll never see anything other than the hardwood, plus I have a thing for black boost.
I assumed they weren't for just casual wear but I still feel the same. I like black cw too but them sneakers in that cw are trash to me. I like the other predominately black cw better. Again if you like it I love it for you.

Had similar comparison experiences w/ my 'Win Like 82' AJ32s vs. Volume 2. At the 2 rec center courts I usually play at, the 32s were sadly slipping and sliding. Playing in my 'Traffic Jam' Vol 2s over the course of 2 and a half weeks on the same courts have been great traction-wise, seemingly better than the Pioneer 1s for me. No wiping, and not the best courts to play on. Now I only use the 32s when I mess around outdoors.

man i just got my pair have played in a few times and the the traction is absolute garbage, rest of the shoe is great though

i play mainly outdoor so yeah i know its my fault what was i expecting but jesus i have played on the same outdoor court in other shoes not know to have the best traction, ie dame4, lebron15 and it was totally fine but these harden vol 2 jesus they just slide with 0 grip at all, i've never lost my footing like when i wear these shoes it is ridiculous

meanwhile my jordan 1 grips the black top like a ****ing GOD

man i just got my pair have played in a few times and the the traction is absolute garbage, rest of the shoe is great though

i play mainly outdoor so yeah i know its my fault what was i expecting but jesus i have played on the same outdoor court in other shoes not know to have the best traction, ie dame4, lebron15 and it was totally fine but these harden vol 2 jesus they just slide with 0 grip at all, i've never lost my footing like when i wear these shoes it is ridiculous

meanwhile my jordan 1 grips the black top like a ****ing GOD
It really depends on what colorway outsole you get.

Back
Top Bottom