THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Just ordered the "Imma be a Star" joints. Can't wait to get them in.

Gila Monsters next 
nerd.gif
Where did you order them? I am waiting for the Cargo colorway to release next :smile:

The black ops look great from afar. Really don't like the elastic toe cap up close. Just seems cheap to me compared the rest of the shoe. Wish there was more zeno on them too.

The below zeros look great in person. Such a clean colorway and the details really nice on them. As others have stated, the primeknit doesn't seem significantly different or better than the mesh on the pioneers and black ops. Hard to justify that $20 price increase. I really like the execution of the colorway, but ultimately didn't buy a pair because I buy basketball shoes for playing ball and they will look horrible after a couple of runs.

Can't wait for the homes to release in a couple of weeks.

The black ops look great from afar. Really don't like the elastic toe cap up close. Just seems cheap to me compared the rest of the shoe. Wish there was more zeno on them too.

The below zeros look great in person. Such a clean colorway and the details really nice on them. As others have stated, the primeknit doesn't seem significantly different or better than the mesh on the pioneers and black ops. Hard to justify that $20 price increase. I really like the execution of the colorway, but ultimately didn't buy a pair because I buy basketball shoes for playing ball and they will look horrible after a couple of runs.

Homes is the red upper/white toecap, right? If so, that's definitely another one I'm excited to get. Looks sooooooooooooooo clean.

^^ I concur. I copped the "13 Below Zeros" only because I had a 20% off coupon sitting in my email.. and I received my back up pair of the Pioneers today from NiceKicks. Will most likely triple up once discounts come in for leftovers of the Pioneer colorway and as for the Homes?? Woooooooosahhhhhh.

I only buy to play in and snabbed a pair. I'm a sucker for all white or gray shoes and used a hookup to get them. $100 for them. Couldn't pass on full length boost and primeknit for $100 to play in. Was gonna wait for crazy explosive lows but keep reading not until spring and I needed to update from the Kobe V and VI I have been playing in ever since their release. I still like the look of the Kobe 11 in Oreo or pale horse better but don't find them as comfortable as full length boost.

what would be the nike equivalent to these boost in terms of feel? zoom air?
Yeah but more compact, more responsive, better impact protection.. more courtfeel.. oh wait, so no not really comparable to anything

what would be the nike equivalent to these boost in terms of feel? zoom air?
This shoe was my 1st experience with boost. IMO, its a lot like zoom air, but not as thin. Zoom is my preferred cushioning with Nike, but I like the boost in these.

Yeah but more compact, more responsive, better impact protection.. more courtfeel.. oh wait, so no not really comparable to anything

This is good to hear, I was hesitant on buying another hooping shoe with foam based cushioning because I'm not a huge fan of Nikes Lunar cushioning but I'm a huge fan of Zoom. I've never hooped in a boost shoe before but I've heard great things about it. Hopefully I like it.

This is good to hear, I was hesitant on buying another hooping shoe with foam based cushioning because I'm not a huge fan of Nikes Lunar cushioning but I'm a huge fan of Zoom. I've never hooped in a boost shoe before but I've heard great things about it. Hopefully I like it.
But the Hardens don't feel like other Boost shoes though.

It's nothing like a Crazy Explosive or Rose 6-7 in terms of feel.

Not saying it's better or worse.

Last edited:
I'd say boost can be the perfect combination of lunar comfort and zoom responsiveness. Depends on the shoe of course, but I only own the CE and Hardens for boost-equipped hoops shoes and I prefer them over any cushioning setup whether it's MicroG or Charged, Lunar or Max or Zoom, etc.

It's crazy how the new Kyrie only has heel zoom and is priced higher than the new Lillard shoe with dual density full lengths bounce. I'd take full length bounce over one heel zoom bag any day...

Overall, the Hardens feel better once you wear them. I'd just like to know how long that boost will feel that good.

To me Boost feels kind of heavy and just... slow. The Hardens would be like full length zoom Kobe 11, but heavier and mushier.

The Hardens are def heavier than my Kobes. Haven't played in them but wore them around the house. Hope that isn't too noticeable once I start playing.

I'd say boost can be the perfect combination of lunar comfort and zoom responsiveness. Depends on the shoe of course, but I only own the CE and Hardens for boost-equipped hoops shoes and I prefer them over any cushioning setup whether it's MicroG or Charged, Lunar or Max or Zoom, etc.

It's crazy how the new Kyrie only has heel zoom and is priced higher than the new Lillard shoe with dual density full lengths bounce. I'd take full length bounce over one heel zoom bag any day...

Overall, the Hardens feel better once you wear them. I'd just like to know how long that boost will feel that good.

That's the thing that's really turning me off to Nike Hoops lately. In order to get their full-length, premium cushioning, you have to buy something stupid expensive. Been looking for full Zoom for a while and the two I looked at were the Flyknit Hyperdunks and Kobe 11 IDs. That's ridiculous to have to spend that money to get their top cushioning. Adidas throws FL Boost or Bounce in everything anymore, and I appreciate it.

Last edited:
The Hardens are def heavier than my Kobes. Haven't played in them but wore them around the house. Hope that isn't too noticeable once I start playing.

It sure as hell is. I'm used to the Kobes...I had to return my Hardens after I played in them. Felt like bricks on me feet. If you're a lighter, more explosive quick guard then good luck wearing them...

That's the thing that's really turning me off to Nike Hoops lately. In order to get their full-length, premium cushioning, you have to buy something stupid expensive. Been looking for full Zoom for a while and the two I looked at were the Flyknit Hyperdunks and Kobe 11 IDs. That's ridiculous to have to spend that money to get their top cushioning. Adidas throws FL Boost or Bounce in everything anymore, and I appreciate it.

I agree that Nike should be using full length zoom more frequently and without the consumer needing to pay $200 for it, but you may want to try the KD 9. Full length max zoom for $150 retail.

I would agree that the KD 9 seems to be the best combination of materials (as true as flyknit can get on a hoops shoe) and cushioning (full length max zoom) for the price Nike oiffers in a signature shoe. You can get some pairs for great deals under retail now, so that is a steal - but you look at the Kobe AD (nothing new) and the Kyrie 3s and I feel underwhelmed. That's not to say they can't be comfortable or great on-court and off, but I'm looking at it from a "does this jump out at me" or is it different from what I'm used to.

The Lillard 2s did that, these Hardens do that, and to top it all off, they are damn comfy at a lower price than Nike has had as of late when it comes to their signature sneakers. I hadn't bought a pair of Adidas shoes since middle school until a year and a half ago. Since then I've bought 3x as many Adidas shoes than I have Nikes - just the way things are for me as of late. I really hope they build on a great first show with the Vol 1s and don't try to reinvent the wheel with the 2s - sometimes companies do that and then the line goes downhill quick. We shall see!

I currently play in the KD 9 and I have no complaints. Before that I was hooping in the AJ 30's, which is a great performing shoe, but it felt a bit restrictive seeing that I've grown used to hooping in low top shoes. I've tried to hoop in Lebrons but all of his shoes feel stiff and bulky as hell. For the most part I've stuck with the Kobe Line but after a while the Lunar in the forefoot bottoms out and once this happens you might as well be hooping in Chuck Taylors [emoji]128514[/emoji]... imo Kobe hasn't had a GREAT performing shoe since the Kobe VI.

Last edited:
yeah, only played in Kobes for the last 5 years as imma bigger dude but can't stand the bulky feeling of most Nike now a days. With the heft of these Hardens I hope I just feel the cushion and not the weight once playing.

I have ultra boost runners that I have logged over 300 miles in, and I can tell you that the boost cushioning has not bottomed out one bit. Despite the rubber being completely worn down to the boost in some parts, I still use them as my beaters because the comfort level is even better than day 1 from being broken in for so long. I say with confidence that the boost cushioning in these hardens will far outlast the outsole and upper materials.

Last edited:
I've been trying to break these in casually and at the gym to get rid of the popping, to no avail. It has diminished slightly tho. I'll have time to actually ball in them next week and test out the traction.

Back
Top Bottom