THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Picked up the black/red at Champs for $80. I don’t know the nicknames of the colors, but they had these colors for $80

Tiger pattern with black and blue
Red/pink
White/black

I’m looking for the purple/aqua for $80 somewhere.

adidas just doesn't seem to like spending on money on marketing the way Nike does. Even when D Rose was in his prime, the most they'd promote him is putting him in a running ad or something haha.
DRose had 1 national spot for sure with the Asian guy from The Hangover "Freaky like my lady pyramid".
They tried the viral marketing with the All In series for Rose as well, But it was kind of half assed imo and at only six 20 minute episodes (I actually don't think they were even that long) there wasn't much to build on.

He also had the spot for "The Return" (I think that's what they called it) but I don't know if it was a national spot. It featured (very briefly) one of the local Chicago news sports guys.

I know I can only recall one Dwight commercial (with the Gambino track Freaks n Geeks).

Can't recall anything for Wall or Lillard. But truthfully I get it. Basketball shoe game isn't the cash cow it was. The gymshoes in casual settings have moved from bball shoes to running shoes.

Harden is so marketable it’s not even funny. Adidas needs to hire geico’s marketing team ASAP :lol:
I do think Harden is marketable. I'm not sure how much the average NBA fan would actually get behind him. In my experience, NBA fans tend to hate Harden's game.

giphy.gif

Darn it I just ordered another pair of the Vol 2 at $50 lol (Black Scarlet White, last 9.5 too). I could’ve gone to my adidas outlet and had them order a pair of the Vol 3 instead so I could try them. At least I know I’ll have double the pairs that I already know work for me and then give the Vol 3 a try after a few months if they’re still available.

My wife would kill me if another shoe box showed up at the doorstep seeing as I’ll already have to explain the Vol 2’s that are on their way as an exchange return lol.

Hate his flopping and ref-baiting, that's fair, but you can't hate what he's doing as an ISO scorer, he's unguardable.

I think that’s what makes him “unguardable.” I also feel like that step back is a travel. He is on an amazing scoring streak, but come the playoffs when the refs let them play...he is no longer as significant.

I think that’s what makes him “unguardable.” I also feel like that step back is a travel. He is on an amazing scoring streak, but come the playoffs when the refs let them play...he is no longer as significant.
That's the story every year. Maybe if CP doesn't get hurt last year, they win Game 6 or Game 7 (were up at halftime of both but GSW had HUGE 3Qs) but Harden's game doesn't translate well to the playoffs.

How does this work? I didn’t know Adidas did this. We can order from any outlet and they’ll price match?

When I went to the site they had that listed as like a question (“don’t have your size? We can order it from another store”). I’m assuming they would since they would have to order it at the price of that store you tell them.

When I went to the site they had that listed as like a question (“don’t have your size? We can order it from another store”). I’m assuming they would since they would have to order it at the price of that store you tell them.

Hmmm? I don’t know if Adidas works that way, I’ll have to do some sleuthing lol

Back
Top Bottom