The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the 90's and early 00s there were no such things as bots that MADE IT EASY for mf'ers to cop multiple pairs. You had to WORK FOR YOUR SHARE. No BS Raffles. Everything was FCFS. I respected that. You wanted 10-20 pairs? You better get in yo car and find a way to be at multiple places at the same time cuz everybody lining up bro
Welcome to the new age of coppin sneakers bro.

Adapt to the times and finesse or fall back.

Get your squad together if your trying to eat like you did back in the day

Complaints steady fall on deaf ears

And skinnies getting stuffed with heavy cash and a pair of fresh bred complements the end

smokin.gif
Didn't you say you were in your early to mid 20s? I'm in my 40s bro with a wife and kids, and so are the people in "my squad." Do you think we have the time to "get together" like we did back in the 90s, early 00s? C'mon now my dude. But maybe it's time for me and my brother to hire some kids to fall in line and raffle and stay up all night to cop online so I don't have to get salty about today's game. Minimum wage, tax free salary. lol

I can either A) adapt to the times, aka buy a bot and raffle myself to death, or B) continue stackin' figures and continue purchasing properties.

Easy answer. No need for "fresh bred compliments" and pics upon pics of shoe collections on IG my friend. 

Didn't you say you were in your early to mid 20s? I'm in my 40s bro with a wife and kids, and so are the people in "my squad." Do you think we have the time to "get together" like we did back in the 90s, early 00s? C'mon now my dude. But maybe it's time for me and my brother to hire some kids to fall in line and raffle and stay up all night to cop online so I don't have to get salty about today's game. Minimum wage, tax free salary. lol

I can either A) adapt to the times, aka buy a bot and raffle myself to death, or B) continue stackin' figures and continue purchasing properties.

Easy answer. No need for "fresh bred compliments" and pics upon pics of shoe collections on IG my friend. 
WOW.

I am 40 as well.

I could not have conveyed my thoughts any better.

Post of the millennium

Aye guys, I just want one [emoji]128514[/emoji]. I havn't doubled up on a sneaker yet [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Or you can stop buying Retro Jordans. These shoes will continue to release for years to come. The nostalgia is long gone at this point in your life. Get shoes that are actually comfortable, high quality, and readily available. 

Last edited:

Yea I'm turning 25 soon.

I don't have a mortgage but I pay rent, skip A LOT of

releases and live frugal so I can grind for bulk in

personal stock on the Nikes I really want.

And I guess not since you mentioned you have a wife and kids.

I didn't know, thought you were solo.

Most of us in here are young and small entrepreneurs on the side trying to make and stack cash how we do best by......Hustlinnnnn yea *wiz khalifa

Well if you over there flipping properties then cash to a spend shouldn't be an issue. [emoji]129297[/emoji][emoji]129297[/emoji][emoji]129297[/emoji]

Last edited:
Yea I'm turning 25 soon.

Most of us in here are young and small entrepreneurs on the side trying to make and stack cash how we do best by......Hustlinnnnn yea *wiz khalifa

Well if you over there flipping properties then cash to a spend shouldn't be an issue. [emoji]129297[/emoji][emoji]129297[/emoji][emoji]129297[/emoji]
I'm just trying to get a few nice kicks once in a while between trips to Maui 

Oh I wasn't talking about her I miss quoted

Talking about ole dude who was mad about buying shoes for a girl. Over quality.

I know she a girl.

My apologies to her

This mobile sucks.

:lol:.

Its cool. I do hate that we get shafted sometimes on GS pairs, especially like these 1s. Sometimes I dont mind as much, like with 12s. The cheaper prices of the GS versions are hard to pass up though when youre buying a lot of shoes. So win some, lose some :\

But yea, if ya buying for your girl, unless she's really into shoes and knows her stuff, then yea, you probably doesnt really care. She'll probably just be happy that you included her in something you like doing, even when it aint cheap! She wanna stunt on IG too to her friends with the his/her sneaker pics :lol:

If it was all about "stackin' figures and continue purchasing properties" why you sound so stressed out and salty over these fam? Dudes in their 40s talkin' about buying an AK to stop the resellers :lol: :smh:

EXACTLY :lol:

Wanna go to jail in the name of Jordan brand

Last edited:
Online Stock

or 

Instore Stock

either way it's getting distributed unfairly

Don't care so much and you'll be happier in life

Last edited:
OG's gotta stop with this holier than thou attitude, I have been collecting for 10+ years and have no inclination to go back to the camping days, glad those days are gone for the most part.

If it was all about "stackin' figures and continue purchasing properties" why you sound so stressed out and salty over these fam? Dudes in their 40s talkin' about buying an AK to stop the resellers
laugh.gif
mean.gif
The reason is because wherever I look I see people flossin their 20-30 pair while I read comments of others who didn't even score a pair after putting in all kinds of raffle work and time trying to cop themselves a single pair for retail.

Don't get me wrong, I make well over a six-figure salary and I can easily purchase a pair for $350-400 without the need to negotiate with the reseller. But for people like my older brother who has even less time than myself to cop, I have an extra sense of frustration because it was my brother who got me into J's in the 80s and he can't even cop a single pair for himself or his kids for retail. Not to mention, there are others in my family including my 19-year old cousin who is a brand new freshman at Columbia University and because all of the time he's putting into his studies he can't even cop for retail and find time to fall in line at all the spots in NYC and NJ. He had to ask his mom for an extra $200 on top of his $160 so he could cop. His mom then calls me and asks me if the hype and the price were "real." Unfortunately, I had to tell her how the game works. But at the same time, I felt bad that my auntie had to shell over an extra two bills just to make her son happy when deep down in my heart I knew that these kicks don't have the quality to justify a $360-400 price tag. 

As far as the AK is concerned, it was all in fun and I was just joking. You should've known that. Apparently, the mods didn't think so because they took down the pic of me with an AK-47 in hand. No need for me to cop one of those my friend. If World War Z happens and real zombies take over, then I Am Legend.

Wait wait [emoji]128563[/emoji]...
you actually posted a pic of youself holding an AK..

ok Rambo [emoji]128528[/emoji]?

The reason is because wherever I look I see people flossin their 20-30 pair while I read comments of others who didn't even score a pair after putting in all kinds of raffle work and time trying to cop themselves a single pair for retail.

Don't get me wrong, I make well over a six-figure salary and I can easily purchase a pair for $350-400 without the need to negotiate with the reseller. But for people like my older brother who has even less time than myself to cop, I have an extra sense of frustration because it was my brother who got me into J's in the 80s and he can't even cop a single pair for himself or his kids for retail. Not to mention, there are others in my family including my 19-year old cousin who is a brand new freshman at Columbia University and because all of the time he's putting into his studies he can't even cop for retail and find time to fall in line at all the spots in NYC and NJ. He had to ask his mom for an extra $200 on top of his $160 so he could cop. His mom then calls me and asks me if the hype and the price were "real." Unfortunately, I had to tell her how the game works. But at the same time, I felt bad that my auntie had to shell over an extra two bills just to make her son happy when deep down in my heart I knew that these kicks don't have the quality to justify a $360-400 price tag. 

As far as the AK is concerned, it was all in fun and I was just joking. You should've known that. Apparently, the mods didn't think so because they took down the pic of me with an AK-47 in hand. No need for me to cop one of those my friend. If World War Z happens and real zombies take over, then I Am Legend.
THIS. I am a senior in hs and I don't have unlimited funds because I can't get a job yet. I put $$ aside for these and failed on every raffle and online. I'm not one of these young cats who buys and resells. I buy and rock my sneakers in a heavy rotation. Shelling out 350 wasn't the plan but that might be what I'll have to do.

Or you can stop buying Retro Jordans. These shoes will continue to release for years to come. The nostalgia is long gone at this point in your life. Get shoes that are actually comofortable, high quality, and readily available. 
I have come to the point where I now just pick and choose which J's to buy. For the most part, I only attempt to cop OG colorways and the shoes that MJ rocked himself during games - those are by far my favorite pairs because I was trying to be like Mike back in high school just like everybody else. So NO, the nostalgia is NOT long gone even at this point in my life.

For the record, I do also have shoes that are high quality and readily available and are from different brands so I don't just stick to Jordans. In my line of work, I pretty much wear suits and always in business attire so it's a must that I maintain an inventory of dress shoes. Which is why I trimmed my collection from 260+ pairs of J's/Kobes/SB's/Dunks when I was a re-seller from the late 90s to 2010 down to the 40-50 pairs of J's I have today.

At the end of the day, I will continue to buy retro Jordans til the day I D-I-E.

Exactly, this is the part that confuses me, why not do this? Supreme has.

I doubt they really care that much. As long as the shoe sell and they get their money, they're good.

Well Supreme got ate up by bots the last couple releases. So why does it keep happening? Well it costs millions to fight this stuff. To enhance securities and vulnerabilities within a checkout process is difficult. It takes a lot of testing and research. Most of the sites are using technology that's inherently vulnerable such as  PHP and different forms of javascript/jquery. I follow a bunch of different bot makers on twitter just to hear them spill the beans on how they "fixed their bot to work on Supreme" after stuff as changed by Supreme to fight them. It simply takes time and $$$. They only way to combat this is to do preorders like the way Apple does. JB needs to do preorders on shoes and ship as supply is met. But that will kill the hype...so there it is.

Preorders would be great, but I doubt they ever go that route.

Yea I'm turning 25 soon.

I don't have a mortgage but I pay rent, skip A LOT of

releases and live frugal so I can grind for bulk in

personal stock on the Nikes I really want.

Do yer thang my dude. I was once in your shoes. Heck I was even slangin a lil bit wit my homies at one point and makin' a killin, using some of that cash to fund my sneaker hobby. That's how we did it in LBC. And that's how they still doin it in the hood today all over this country.

But eventually, you too will turn 40 and see things from an entirely different perspective.

A wise man once told me when I was your age, "Life begins when you're in your 40s." I'm beginning to learn that now.

Go cop him a pair then, case closed.
View media item 2163999

I have come to the point where I now just pick and choose which J's to buy. For the most part, I only attempt to cop OG colorways and the shoes that MJ rocked himself during games - those are by far my favorite pairs because I was trying to be like Mike back in high school just like everybody else. So NO, the nostalgia is NOT long gone even at this point in my life.

For the record, I do also have shoes that are high quality and readily available and are from different brands so I don't just stick to Jordans. In my line of work, I pretty much wear suits and always in business attire so it's a must that I maintain an inventory of dress shoes. Which is why I trimmed my collection from 260+ pairs of J's/Kobes/SB's/Dunks when I was a re-seller from the late 90s to 2010 down to the 40-50 pairs of J's I have today.

At the end of the day, I will continue to buy retro Jordans til the day I D-I-E.
So u were a reseller now u hate them? Karma maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom