THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Latest pick up
nice pick up homey.  these are in my opinion the most poorly executed dope am1.  what i mean by that is if they had kept balance and symmetry in the layout, it couldve been a top fiver am1.  

i wouldve loved to have seen the speckle print wrapped around the toe mud guard, the woven material up on the outer heel, or flip the aforementioned.  then it wouldve been a wrap. hands down.  

theres clearly a design choice in this monotone vol. 1, but as it stands, im held back by copping.  nice pick up doe. 

Great looking shoe, but I could not get over the stiffness of the shoe and sold them before I could find out if they would break in.

i hate you so much.  been looking for these forever.  nice wear man. 
Ha!  Thanks my man!  It'll probably piss you off even more to ascertain (if you didn't already know), a bunch of these found their way to Ross stores across the country for deep discounts circa 2010 iirc.  That's where I scooped my pair for like $30.  I got it at Ross!

Anyhow, today's on feet...

nice pick up homey.  these are in my opinion the most poorly executed dope am1.  what i mean by that is if they had kept balance and symmetry in the layout, it couldve been a top fiver am1.  

i wouldve loved to have seen the speckle print wrapped around the toe mud guard, the woven material up on the outer heel, or flip the aforementioned.  then it wouldve been a wrap. hands down.  

theres clearly a design choice in this monotone vol. 1, but as it stands, im held back by copping.  nice pick up doe. 
dude i think they are a lot different in person, its kind of nice how they blend. The two different materials kind of work, and i love how the speckle is even on the lace.  Ill post an on shoe pic soon. This cell phone pic doesnt do it justice imo. Also before purchasing i thought they were like a cream. But theyre grey in person. 

Great looking shoe, but I could not get over the stiffness of the shoe and sold them before I could find out if they would break in.
Mine were comfortable first wear, i got half a size up than i usually wear though

Progress shot... Done for the night. Hope I've got the time to finish tomorrow

Anyone knows a good place to buy exact replacement laces For the AM1s? Need white laces but all the replacements I find don't look 100% like the original. I bought the ones from target and they look like ribbons. Finishlines were too thick.

Thanks guys.... Sad such a nice shoe got no love. 87 was removed with acetone, rather easily. In person they look nice, need to get the logo painted black and blend the white a little better.

feel like im missing something on these 87s.  the most unique quality to these is the giant 87, which is ugly AF.  take that off and you almost have a triple white.  yeah i know theres some black and iron on there, but why not just buy an essential with black or grey on it?

That looks good! While looking at them for a few hours I had thought of painting the mud guard. Wasn't sure of a color.... But now it's going to be hard not to steal this idea:smokin

pulled out these today. tried a toebox reshape (minus the iron, basically just bent the front of these as an experiment)

didn't do much but it helped a little imo, at least its not a straight up banana toe

Video Review: http://bit.ly/1Pc4Stl

lmaoo trying to reshape the ultras, thats the first time i heard of this before :rofl:   :lol:

Haha there had to be SOMEBODY that's gonna try it! I'm not gonna lie if u see these in person now, it did help a little tho

they were like extreme shovel toe before, now its at least slightly less

Thinking of ordering these, obviously id have to paint the midsole. But is that yeezy green played out at this point?

Back
Top Bottom