THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

LPU: 1997 SC Leather 

Oldest Pair in my collection now.
Midsoles are surprisingly firm. Still need to find a donor tho! Im pumped about em! Love that thick mudguard

Great purchase. Nike has so many areas they need to improve. Midsole. Air bubble. Tongue piping. Mudguard/toewrap.

Great purchase. Nike has so many areas they need to improve. Midsole. Air bubble. Tongue piping. Mudguard/toewrap.

I appreciate it man! I was way pumped about em. Especially cause the upper is in good condition. Now I have the sole swap headache but it will be worth it.

But yeah I agree! Hopefully 2017 will
Be the year it all gets fixed! But yeah I never realized how big of a difference the toungue piping does to the whole shoe. It basically effects the entire shape in my opinion as well

To keep or not to keep... ?!?

I'd keep them...they look dope btw.here's mine

Where did you find them?
I've had them for a while, just haven't worn them yet. 

sounds like you need a new girlfriend 
laugh.gif
and some brown colored laces what is the same shade as the leather from the upper
Lol! na she's good. She puts up with all my craziness and sneaker habit. We bought our first house together a little under a year and she straight up said "Don't worry the whole basement is yours" 
laugh.gif

definitely looks a lot better.  how you feeling about them now?

sidenote: repainted and cleaned up the hufs, so they dont look so lawn mower cutting shoes. @dblplay1212
Yo those look damn good man. Congrats! Appreciate the post. Makes me more comfortable picking up some old one that's need some freshening up.

So has anyone attempted to "fix" their large sized flyknit iDs?

I just talked to a rep and she cancelled my Patta order (ordered an 11 just like my USA) and she gave me a 20% off code to order a new size 10.5 (i had a 10% off code on the original order) 

I'm just wondering if a 10.5 will be too small...or if I get an 11 and attempt to steam it or whatever.

thoughts?

Was it the length or width in your size that was too big? I steamed mine but it really helped with the width moreso than the length. I'll try to dig out a pair I havent steamed yet and compare here after mah coffee. It did work wonders on the toe cap puff. Almost as if they had intended for them to be steamed by the purchaser.

Was it the length or width in your size that was too big? I steamed mine but it really helped with the width moreso than the length. I'll try to dig out a pair I havent steamed yet and compare here after mah coffee. It did work wonders on the toe cap puff. Almost as if they had intended for them to be steamed by the purchaser.
Length for sure 

I think I'm going to steam my USA size 11 and see what I think.

Has anyone steamed their pair yet or have any tips/ links to tutorial videos? I don't wana botch them haha

Back
Top Bottom