THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The shape is all wrong....EZ PASS

Happy. Now I can crip walk in comfort.

See... I was already debating about whether to get the blue ones, but after you told me you can crip-walk in these... I'ma have to cop.

These "dabbing" people don't know **** about c-walking.

Plot twist: I don't, either.

Last edited:
Here's some bad news. Four wears later and my Blue Tonals are already showing signs of paint cracking on the midsole :frown:, gonna send these back to Nike most likely. One foot has an actual paint chip and the other foot has a stress line from where the midsole compressed.

Here's some bad news. Four wears later and my Blue Tonals are already showing signs of paint cracking on the midsole
frown.gif
, gonna send these back to Nike most likely. One foot has an actual paint chip and the other foot has a stress line from where the midsole compressed.
Forget it this is nothing new if you've worn enough Air Max retros. As long as they paint the midsole and not dye, it will have stress cracks. Back in the day nobody painted midsoles.

My AM1 OG Anniversary also have paint cracking at the heel just like my WC4s. Nothing you can do but not as bad as AM90.

Last edited:
Forget it this is nothing new if you've worn enough Air Max retros. As long as they paint the midsole and not dye, it will have stress cracks. Back in the day nobody painted midsoles.

My AM1 OG Anniversary also have paint cracking at the heel just like my WC4s. Nothing you can do but not as bad as AM90.

Yeah my other AM Retros are the same kinda deal but just surprised that it's already showing after FOUR wears. Typically they last me longer than that lol.

Yeah my other AM Retros are the same kinda deal but just surprised that it's already showing after FOUR wears. Typically they last me longer than that lol.
Yea it's absolute BS I think companies started painting midsoles so they won't yellow overtime and maybe to prevent them from crumbling early on if not worn regularly. Otherwise I have no idea why all the brands are doing this.

The midsoles of my uber expensive Adidas LA Trainer OG Made in Germany pair are cracking like a ***** and I've only had maybe 50km walking mileage on them lol! Certain NB retro midsoles like the one on 577 Anniversary/1300CL will crack like this as well.

Last edited:
Just got the remaining three NikeLab Air Max 1 Pinnacles to complete the pack. Goodness gracious, these are all amazing... 'bout to sleep extra well from sniffing all that leather. I'm not sure if I want to post pictures since everyone knows how they are now and so on. Regardless, I'm so impressed with these!

Can't wait to have bread and water for breakfast tomorrow. :frown:

Man it's been ages since I've been in this thread but other than maybe two posts I figured i'd wait it out till after the air max month hype which seems like it was a good idea. I know it's been awhile but I'm still salty that I missed out on pendleton options a day after I was going to pull the trigger on a second design but i'll live i guess (still got the design saved to wishlist figers crossed for next season). My most recent pickups were ocean fogs and berrys which i'm pretty happy with. Those ocean fogs though, phew, quality is superb! Berrys are also nice but the shape could be better and I did find some miniscule quality control issues.

I know I was probably being OCD but this small blemish was enough to get me to go back to store and ask for replacement.

Luckily they had another size (which had way more issues) but the right shoe (which was same as one I had with the blemish) was immaculate so I took that one sneaker and was finally content!

After the 97s I told myself I'd take a break but I REALLY want a pair of Jade's and black Pinnacles...Leather is so amazing on the blacks puts my maxims from 2013 to shame :smh:

:lol: If anyone wants these please let me know still DS!

Last edited:

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE thanks to @tomekpl! I saw the "Anniversary" box in a fb group the day of the AM1 release. I did some research and found they were only released at WSS in Warsaw, Poland. They came with Jason Markk cleaner and a brush inside but I didn't care about that at all. I just wanted the box. I even put up a WTB post bc I love little things like this. Never heard anything and figured it'd be impossible bc they didn't give away many and only did so half way around the world. Two weeks @tomekpl posted the Revolution box here after the Atmos release. Again, only released at another store in Poland. I chalked it up as an L. I messaged him here to see if he'd be willing to part with it. He had the Revolution box but contacted a friend and was able to get the Anniversary box as well. I just got them in and he even included some Polish candy as well.
You're welcome  man! 
nthat.gif
 Enjoy them!

Back
Top Bottom