THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

IMG_1936.JPG IMG_1938.JPG
Really don't think quality is going to be worse on these because they are a GR. Nikes QC is shameful regardless of how many pairs leave the factory. Here are two pics from an Anniversary pair I received back in March.

IMG_1936.JPG IMG_1938.JPG
Really don't think quality is going to be worse on these because they are a GR. Nikes QC is shameful regardless of how many pairs leave the factory. Here are two pics from an Anniversary pair I received back in March.
In the second pic did they mess up with the air units??

IMG_1938.JPG

lol you can see that the air unit from the left shoe is bigger
that means that the left midsole is also a half size longer than the right midsole :smh: :smh:

@stuckinthe90s
you are better judge then me because you got em in hand for sure but i look at your pics closely and... i see the same "bleeding effect" on your blue pair too (less visible of course), i think its "normal" because the line under the AIR MAX letter is straight.
I took a pic of my air max 90 with nearly the same tongue
20170905_000300.jpg

Looks kinda like the thread on the back doing the bleeding. Or maybe the tag isn't as thick and the red thread is showing through?
That's what I was saying to myself. I think that's the red thread showing through

Soooo it's confirmed the red anniversary 1s are going to be a GR RELEASE?

People are wasting $1000

I think it's harder than you think...

Actually, I know it is for a fact.

Harder in the fact to create a pair that everyone thinks is dope and would "cop"

But what is the point of the bespoke- to make a pair everyone wants, or to make a pair for you?

You think you can go in there and cook up a master piece in 2 hours without getting too excited like a fat kid in a candy store? I went in with a gameplan, totally got fat kid eyes when I went in there and got carried away. I looked at the end of my appoitnment render and had the balls to tell the designer I hated it. Wasted 2+ hours on something I didn't like. Luckily the dudes were mad chill and liked my wife and I and allowed me to start fresh since there was no one booked after me. I was in there for nearly 4 hours. Yes simplicity wins in my eyes - but you don't want to just go in there and make an OG layout and swap red for a different color and call it a day. You want to put your stamp on it, make it look clean but also know you utilized the 450 options AND made it worth $1,000 (for yourself, not someone else).

As long as the designer is happy, that is all that truly matters. It's damn near impossible to make a bespoke that EVERYONE loves.

I do plan on going back within the next few months to make my second pair, and the only reason I really haven't gone sooner is because I'm already second guessing my "gameplan" ha...

If you have the loot, I imagine anyone's second pair prob comes out better because you would know what to expect.

If you have the loot, I imagine anyone's second pair prob comes out better because you would know what to expect.

Oh for sure, I am I f*cking love my first pair. For being one of the first people to do it without talking to anyone or seeing what other people did, I am super happy with them

But it's bittersweet knowing the process, it gives you an advantage to a degree but also really makes you overthink ha

Those bespokes are awful. Like really really bad.
Not only because of again overdoing it with the options, but that streamlined toebox is also totally overdone. That's def not how the 'old shape' was.

They look like someone been toepushin them 24/7 for a month and then locked up in a vise for another week, to 'fix' the shape. They look like a caricature.

This was also the case with a few other recently surfaced bespokes.

Last edited:
Those bespokes are awful. Like really really bad.
Not only because of again overdoing it with the options, but that streamlined toebox is also totally overdone. That's def not how the 'old shape'.

They look like someone been toepushin them 24/7 for a month and then locked up in a vise for another week, to 'fix' the shape. They look like a caricature.

This was also the case with a few other recently surfaced bespokes.

Just curious, has there been a bespoke that has stuck out for you yet? Not shape wise, but design wise?

Back
Top Bottom