THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Nike sent me a pair with a 2010 mudguard :rofl:
IMG_5598.JPG
It's not that bad imo. Nothing close to 2014.

I know everyone prefers the bigger mudguard here but that pair is closer to the OG look than you might think.
Yeah I do know that and it's funny bc I think that the late 90s releases were hideous bc the mudguards were crazy big but I love the mudguards in the early to mid 2000s and the anniversaries

does anyone know if Nike will give store credit for a pair not originally purchased from them? i.e. no receipt return

Just like BigEvan got his basically. I have a friend that is big time into Adidas and I helped him with a couple pairs of those Multi color Kith Mid Boosts. He happened to get these in my size and he hooked me up. They fit right in the middle of an AM97 and a AM1. My Aquas are a 9.5 and the SW's are a 10. I could do either size but wide footers should definitely stick with TTS imo.

I think Big Evan once mentioned he is a sport brand consultant
So maybe parts of Nike, local DSG, DSM, smaller sports store are his clients

So that’s his profession

It probably would be easy for him, walk up to one of his clients......
Hey, you guys have SW97/1? Yeah, can I have a pair

It’s legit I guess
But Atmos is not his client
So he had to reserve Animals on SNKRS

5D6E788F-0D75-431B-8555-62BAAF0D7C11.jpeg
004A72CD-6F25-4E58-90AD-5AC6213077F5.jpeg
Got my ids in. Coulda swore I ordered black suede on the Dave white inspired. I’ll be painting the mesh light grey on these. The other pair is Urawra inspired, just gotta customize the toe piece to black and paint the mesh light grey. Last pair I went with the Jordan 1 inspired but I prefer mesh to leather.

I think Big Evan once mentioned he is a sport brand consultant
So maybe parts of Nike, local DSG, DSM, smaller sports store are his clients

So that’s his profession

It probably would be easy for him, walk up to one of his clients......
Hey, you guys have SW97/1? Yeah, can I have a pair

It’s legit I guess
But Atmos is not his client
So he had to reserve Animals on SNKRS
Nothing at all related to retail. Brand/business strategy and I’ve never used it for shoes. Bigger than Nike/adi too, Apple, McD, BMW... all sorts of categories.

I may get intel and discuss the logistics of a release but I’m not foolish enough to tarnish my reputation for a pair of shoes.

The pairs I acquire on the ground come from building personal relationships. That simple. Be interested, show passion, and be the first to give without looking to receive. Always comes back around.

5D6E788F-0D75-431B-8555-62BAAF0D7C11.jpeg
004A72CD-6F25-4E58-90AD-5AC6213077F5.jpeg
Got my ids in. Coulda swore I ordered black suede on the Dave white inspired. I’ll be painting the mesh light grey on these. The other pair is Urawra inspired, just gotta customize the toe piece to black and paint the mesh light grey. Last pair I went with the Jordan 1 inspired but I prefer mesh to leather.
How long did it take? I have a pair that is still in process, over 4 weeks now.

You gonna send those Dave whites back and get a new pair with suede? I agree with you about the leather looking cheap. I sent my chili inspired pair back for that reason.

How long did it take? I have a pair that is still in process, over 4 weeks now.

You gonna send those Dave whites back and get a new pair with suede? I agree with you about the leather looking cheap. I sent my chili inspired pair back for that reason.

I ordered 1/28 and just got them today. I would send them back, but I used a 15% off coupon and don’t they’d give it back to me to reorder. If you look at the red pair, the suede toe shape looks way better the. Leather

I ordered 1/28 and just got them today. I would send them back, but I used a 15% off coupon and don’t they’d give it back to me to reorder. If you look at the red pair, the suede toe shape looks way better the. Leather
Yeah. Your toe box came out good. My Iraq's iD didn't even come out that good. Some customer service people will give you another one...it's hit or miss though. I would say I ordered suede and it came leather.

Nothing at all related to retail. Brand/business strategy and I’ve never used it for shoes. Bigger than Nike/adi too, Apple, McD, BMW... all sorts of categories.

I may get intel and discuss the logistics of a release but I’m not foolish enough to tarnish my reputation for a pair of shoes.

The pairs I acquire on the ground come from building personal relationships. That simple. Be interested, show passion, and be the first to give without looking to receive. Always comes back around.

this x1000!

I worked at a retail level that a lot of corporate Nike’s folks come by. While a ton of my coworkers were asking for the hot shoe of the min, I was there having conversations, discussing culture, and asking about the work they do. Let’s just say after I graduated, a lot of the same people were open to helping me get my foot in the door in begining my career in addition to getting a couple pairs

Long story short: you can ask for a pair of shoes, then ask for the next release, then the next, and so on. Eventually, people will see you as the cat that just asks for the plug. Create meaningful reciprocal relationships with people and they’ll look out for you

does anyone know if Nike will give store credit for a pair not originally purchased from them? i.e. no receipt return
It's been a while, but I think they scan for the lowest price the pair sold for nationwide at nike stores and give you that. They might have changed the policy, which I'm sure would be online somewhere. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

i feel like im the only one who doesnt like teh SWs
I really wanted those yellow tape joints to win lol

They are total and utter trash.
Designed by some selfacclaimed OG guy, a doofus that has 'I jumped on this whole sneaker vintage culture bandwagon a few years ago' written all over, and has no sneaker historical sense at all.

And the usual hypebeast people going after them.

Back
Top Bottom