THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

This kinda pic is why I love sneakers so much. The personality. The individuality. The story. The design. It’s just so much more than 2 pairs of sneakers. It makes me mad that so many fools just see it as a shortcut to make a buck and not something worth celebrating and appreciating.

Big FACTS! That's what got me to sneakers in the first place. Times have changed.:rolleyes

These are so nice in person, no hype around them at all but I’m really feelin’ these.
67A02D27-8A0F-494C-830D-B33AF1C4EFB2.jpeg 164218FE-0982-4F4A-89DC-B9FDFA064F90.jpeg
i picked up a pair of these too as well as the Af1's but the Af1's flew so fast it was like they never dropped after like 30 mins. I would say i wonder why these didnt sell as well but i dont think this design was as good on an AM1. I feel like nike could have done a more unique JDI with these, mayb put the patches and stuff in different places.

Last edited:
Never thought that I’d bother to reshape any of my AM1s but every time I see a pair reshaped it just completes the look of the shoe. Do pairs like the curry pack stay permanently with the reshaping? Or the Atmos Safari retros (shape is horrible on those), but with a reshape and shaving off the excess suede, I’d rock them to death. Just don’t want to have to re-iron them often or at all.
Reshaping is a *****, you have to make sure you have the right pair for it, you have to have the right pairing of toebox material and mudguard. There also has to be the right amount of both to lay down flat while reshaping. It takes a lot of factors for it to come out looking good, so keep that in mind. It's not hard to do, but make sure you do it right, cause you could risk messing up either the toebox or the mudguard with creasing and wrinkles. Once they're there, they're there. Some older pair just are not doable, some respond really well to it. But it's working with what you have originally that really affects the outcome, and it will vary with each individual shoe.

JD sports has a great "exclusive" colorway out now as well. just dont wanna pay 150 for a 110 pair.

anyone know any sites with the grey pair/orange bubble?

Reshaping is a *****, you have to make sure you have the right pair for it, you have to have the right pairing of toebox material and mudguard. There also has to be the right amount of both to lay down flat while reshaping. It takes a lot of factors for it to come out looking good, so keep that in mind. It's not hard to do, but make sure you do it right, cause you could risk messing up either the toebox or the mudguard with creasing and wrinkles. Once they're there, they're there. Some older pair just are not doable, some respond really well to it. But it's working with what you have originally that really affects the outcome, and it will vary with each individual shoe.
What type of materials toe box and mudguard typically work best? Most my air max 1s are suede/mesh mudguard toebox combo.

Back
Top Bottom