THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Are bespokes returnable?
Yes but you have to travel to NYC and you sit down with someone that helps you through it. If someone went in and wanted to make 10 of the same shoe, all the same except different colored airbags, the Nike consultant isn't going to let that fly. An online system would.

Yes but you have to travel to NYC and you sit down with someone that helps you through it. If someone went in and wanted to make 10 of the same shoe, all the same except different colored airbags, the Nike consultant isn't going to let that fly. An online system would.
Yeah this explains why online mid-tier bespoke can't ever happen then. Bit of a shame.

Yeah this explains why online mid-tier bespoke can't ever happen then. Bit of a shame.
Yea the minority would ruin it for the majority. A lot of people have the the mentality that "Nike makes these things for $5. **** em! I'm ordering 10 and they can sell the rest at outlets for 50% off! and still make money!" They aren't wrong but they aren't factoring in that Nike isn't built to sell their product at 50% and still turn a profit. Nike isn't going to put up a system that sets them up to take hits to their bottom line. Just isn't going to happen. Too many people only think of the micro and miss the macro. Sure, you returning 2 pairs isn't a big deal. 50k people returning 2 pairs is a big deal.

Yea the minority would ruin it for the majority. A lot of people have the the mentality that "Nike makes these things for $5. **** em! I'm ordering 10 and they can sell the rest at outlets for 50% off! and still make money!" They aren't wrong but they aren't factoring in that Nike isn't built to sell their product at 50% and still turn a profit. Nike isn't going to put up a system that sets them up to take hits to their bottom line. Just isn't going to happen. Too many people only think of the micro and miss the macro. Sure, you returning 2 pairs isn't a big deal. 50k people returning 2 pairs is a big deal.

Other companies like NB and UA do not accept returns on their customized products. The risk for consumers is that the final product may not fit or look as they expected. You really have to research how they fit by reading through the forums or customer reviews and gathering photos of other consumer’s final products before you pull the trigger with theirs.

With Nike, you have that leniency as a consumer. Personally, I like the option of returning an iD with Nike because of the uncertain nature that comes custom products. It’s really a hit or a miss with them.

Last edited:
Other companies like NB and UA do not accept returns on their customized products. The risk for consumers is that the final product may not fit or look as they expected. Personally, I like the option of returning an iD with Nike because the aforementioned concerns with any custom product.
I think the option to return it is great. I just know a few will always ruin it for the majority. I could be wrong but I've always felt we get awful materials bc Nike isn't willing to put money into good materials knowing people return so many.

Yea the minority would ruin it for the majority. A lot of people have the the mentality that "Nike makes these things for $5. **** em!

Agree with this - The Bespoke programme uses only a hand full of workers (less than you'd think.. 10 or so - was told this by the consultants). The pairs are hand lasted etc, it's a skill and takes time. On a side note, ordering 4 + pairs of IDs with no intention of keeping them is whack, energy still goes in to making them.. Save the planet people!!

nike-air-max-1-jewel-swoosh-ao1021-101-6.jpg

nike-air-max-1-jewel-swoosh-ao1021-101-2.jpg

AO1021-101

Was playing around with ID options and accidentally made anniversary obsidian (except for the outsole) with red laces.. Glad I went and looked in the closet!! lol

Still haven’t been able to track down my size 12 in the obsidian crepes but did get 11.5 and 13 ‍♂️. Quality and materials are nice on these in person!

Who’s got time to go pages back and read about people not knowing what a sales tax is though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unto the next. Btw, I like your cws bro. Keep it up.
no harm meant at all. jk with you.

saying pootie tang is just saying that you repeated what what was said. lol

"it sure is hot out here"
"yeah, and its hot too"

Last edited:
I know this isn’t the exact thread for this question, but I know some of you have the knowledge to answer... Are DS 03 huarache lights wearable? Is the risk just coming unglued, or is it possible they’d crumble on me? Soles look solid but this isnt my area of expertise whatsoever.

I know this isn’t the exact thread for this question, but I know some of you have the knowledge to answer... Are DS 03 huarache lights wearable? Is the risk just coming unglued, or is it possible they’d crumble on me? Soles look solid but this isnt my area of expertise whatsoever.
I would assume a shoe that old is going to break down and crumble. You just never know till it happens, but from what I've read a shoes midsoles shelf life is 10 to 15 years. Dead stock is actually a bad thing at that point. Glue gets stiff, so as soon as you start flexing them it would pop off at some point. But it would come off clean most likely, making a swap easier.

100%
midsole will be fine- it is made of EVA- not PU like air max- may have separation but this is easily fixed- can do it yourself or take to local cobbler.

I have OG's that are wearable.

see here
https://dotjerome.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/so-you-want-vintage-sneakers-kuyakoy/

Back
Top Bottom