THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

custom crepe AM1 inspired by the SW...
Nike-Air-Max-1-Sean-Wotherspoon-@carmeno_custom.jpg

not my cup of tea, but good job

How are peoples crepe’s wearing in? I had crepe sole on Clark’s desert boots and it got a little funky after a bit.

Whats up guys. Since it’s Air Max month I want to share a story. I absolutely fell in love with the Courdoroy AM1 when I saw the first sample pics on NT. Back then I was in college, broke and living near Philadelphia. They released at Ubiq in late fall maybe Oct or Nov and sold out. Resale was around $50-100 above retail. Fast forward 2 months later I’m back in NYC for winter break. One day I randomly checked the Nike Retro Outlet thread in the AM and someone posted that 21Mercer still had a few pairs of AM1 Cordouroys and they were on sale. I headed to Mercer and managed to get the last 3 pairs. None were my size, but I still got them. I figured Id eventually find someone to trafe with. I ended up paying around 170 for these 3 pairs. They were 50% off so they were 55 or 65 each. I cant remember exactly. Unfortunately I dont own any pairs any more. I sold them within the same year for a little above retail. The most I got for a pair was like $175. Moral of the story kids. Dont sell your Air Maxes. The tag is my Twitter name.

Attachments

• EA90FA6F-84DE-49BF-A8CD-EBFC0C4EA3C5.png
    EA90FA6F-84DE-49BF-A8CD-EBFC0C4EA3C5.png
    430.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 66D8B3F5-C079-4983-BC60-EAF44173EC76.png
    66D8B3F5-C079-4983-BC60-EAF44173EC76.png
    430.6 KB · Views: 98
  • C109AEBB-7883-4249-AD95-9E3D630F08F1.png
    C109AEBB-7883-4249-AD95-9E3D630F08F1.png
    450.7 KB · Views: 72
I just got an invite for the On Air workshop in NYC. I guess they are calling it "Dept of Unimaginable" this year. I did it last year and had a blast but the invite is for Monday and not sure I can swing flying up for it on such short notice this time. Going to see if a buddy can sub in for me. If anyone else signed up, check your emails.

Just saw the Have a Nike Day in store.... quality is a 3.2/10. The panels look like they were cut with dull scissors and the mesh was like sandpaper. I wanted to like them, but easy pass.

That's why I haven't copped yet. It's not the money, it's the principle. If I could get them for $100+ tax or less, I'll bite. (I did, actually, but Finish Line canceled my order).

Whats up guys. Since it’s Air Max month I want to share a story. I absolutely fell in love with the Courdoroy AM1 when I saw the first sample pics on NT. Back then I was in college, broke and living near Philadelphia. They released at Ubiq in late fall maybe Oct or Nov and sold out. Resale was around $50-100 above retail. Fast forward 2 months later I’m back in NYC for winter break. One day I randomly checked the Nike Retro Outlet thread in the AM and someone posted that 21Mercer still had a few pairs of AM1 Cordouroys and they were on sale. I headed to Mercer and managed to get the last 3 pairs. None were my size, but I still got them. I figured Id eventually find someone to trafe with. I ended up paying around 170 for these 3 pairs. They were 50% off so they were 55 or 65 each. I cant remember exactly. Unfortunately I dont own any pairs any more. I sold them within the same year for a little above retail. The most I got for a pair was like $175. Moral of the story kids. Dont sell your Air Maxes. The tag is my Twitter name.

Meh, I'd argue the moral of the story is "wear your Air Maxes." I'm sure the three people you sold to wore them and were verry happy, and you made a solid profit considering what you paid for them and market value at the time. Sucks you didn't get your size, but if you really wanted them you could've bought your size after selling those three pairs, so I'm guessing you didn't really want them that badly for yourself at the time.

Just saw the Have a Nike Day in store.... quality is a 3.2/10. The panels look like they were cut with dull scissors and the mesh was like sandpaper. I wanted to like them, but easy pass.
It’s hit or miss with this pair. I’ve returned 2 pair already because of horrible quality. I have seen some really nice pair in person tho; unfortunately not my size. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

still looking for a pair of green skulls in uk9 :smh:

should have bought them in 2007, but i was a poor student back then so couldnt afford all i wanted, glad i at least copped pink pack and polka dots

It’s hit or miss with this pair. I’ve returned 2 pair already because of horrible quality. I have seen some really nice pair in person tho; unfortunately not my size. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
are we speaking of the light blue joints? or the green/pink/black?

Back
Top Bottom