THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Just caught up on the past week - some REALLY great bespoke pics/talk (EDIT: and GRs, too)! Making me mad jelly, and now I kinda wanna save up the $1k for a pair but I have horrible buyer's remorse on major purchases and would be questioning my pair for eternity lol. For real, though, great vibe here lately - still one of the best threads on NT :nthat:

Anyway, hit on white sketches on SNKRS today, L on blacks. Wold've preferred the blacks, but I'll see how they are when they arrive. I have a $75 gc for Nike, too, so I may use that on the black windbreakers. Should've bought the tan inside-outs while they were up :smh:
I promise you, if you spend some real time thinking about what direction you want to go in before your appt, have a few backup plans, you'll be ecstatic about the results.

I know you can't do a Cherrywood. I think it's the Chenille they don't have. I don't think you can put that sole together either. I did see someone make a Bespoke Crepe. That makes sense bc og Crepe's aren't really wearable now.
Chenille is not available, not 100% sure about the exact colors but you can do a outsole like that I believe.. and to be honest those crepe didn't look that great imo, no crepe sole.. not the same swoosh color and the lack of hemp made them look like fake hemps

Question for the guys who have done Bespokes or those who are familiar with them, when it comes to the program, are you allowed to recreate a limited release? Or any release for that matter. For example - recreating a BRS.

I know there’s someone in here who’s created a teal pair but can’t recall if it was exactly like the teal pair from a few years back or if he had some custom touches of his own.

I know I’ll be ask but why spend $1K to recreate a shoe when you can make one to your liking - I only ask because looking at resell prices on these shoes makes me wonder why not just do it that way via a Bespoke
You can try to come close if that's what you choose (limited to colors and materials on hand)

But, you probably would want to go in your own direction once you're in the process. Or, at least make some subtle changes.

Stuff like the cherry wood red, elephant print, chenille aren't available.

Last edited:
MrKDes MrKDes
re: 21M,
Echoing Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000 a bit -

It's part what they have available (materials/color-wise) at any given time, part not necessarily getting the keys to the kingdom, and (most importantly) part your approach to the design potentially changing the moment you get in there and start playing around with what is available to you. Take for example, that 'What The' fad of mismatching within the pair of shoes - by the time I got there, it was one of the only things they were explicit about not being available anymore, should I have wanted to go that route. (luckily, I wasn't) Aside from that, they encouraged going in your own direction, and conversely, didn't get the impression that they would discourage doing an homage to something prior. I will say that the end result ended up being different than what I originally went in with.

Granted, this was my experience within a single session.

Un ds
20190809_153631.jpg

Appreciate all the feedback and responses gents. Honestly didn’t know about the material availability when it comes time to create the shoe. I was under the impression they had unlimited options.

I, too, would probably be in their creating my 1 of 1 design but the thought of recreating past limited or GR’s was always in the back of my mind so I had to ask.

Appreciate all the feedback and responses gents. Honestly didn’t know about the material availability when it comes time to create the shoe. I was under the impression they had unlimited options.

I, too, would probably be in their creating my 1 of 1 design but the thought of recreating past limited or GR’s was always in the back of my mind so I had to ask.
you could always use a past release as an inspiration. even if you went in attempting to do a one off, and you had all the materials and colors to match, i'm sure you would add a little touch of your own to it. nonheinous nonheinous (if i'm not mistaken) definitely put some flare into his teal inspiration.

even though the options arent unlimited, it will sure seem like they are during your appt, trust. your first appointment is always overwhelming...in a good way.

SNKRS app is trash.
No reminder for the black pair so I completely forgot. :smh:
My reminder never popped up either. If it wasn’t for the notifications for a few sneaker accounts I follow on Twitter I would have missed out. Not to mention the first 3 times I tried to cart it wouldn’t take my CC info. Had to delete & re-add.

Attachments

• E020515B-E916-4D21-85DA-A37BD59CBE47.jpeg
    E020515B-E916-4D21-85DA-A37BD59CBE47.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom