THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Have any pics of the bespoke he made you?
It was these "Albert Heijn 2.0" ones - using the current branding look of the store chain (slightly different from the 2005 ones). The tongue, swoosh and liner were made using an actual Albert Heijn employee shirt.

Attachments

• AH.jpg
    AH.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 153
It was these "Albert Heijn 2.0" ones - using the current branding look of the store chain (slightly different from the 2005 ones). The tongue, swoosh and liner were made using an actual Albert Heijn employee shirt.
Very nice shape they remind me of 87s almost

I can’t seem to wear any other 1. To the point I don’t wear anything else and question why I need any else. CFE1C5FF-444A-4546-8E7F-CF51A33CD364.jpeg
6D22FA1D-5DCA-4082-A5C3-E0EC4E8877D9.jpeg
0E57BBE4-4C43-4C42-9C4C-B836D47197EA.jpeg
Love those. They released around the same what seemed like a dozen grey am1 dropped but those were the best of the bunch imo. Never released here in the US. Very glad I doubled bc like you I wear them a ton.

sfsjjang98 sfsjjang98 thanks for the inspiration

IMG_20200203_095248_457.jpg

I've always wondered this but have you just perfected the exact angle to take these ig photos- like do you have a sticker on your door or something so you just know exactly where to hold your phone? :D:emoji_fist:
All good though, always sick pics.
Yep I feel like there was like 10 grey based cws around this time. It's just that hit of orange though that changes up the dynamic imo.
Seriously, every day I'm like, yeah I'm gonna rock something else, and then I just grab these and put them on.

I've always wondered this but have you just perfected the exact angle to take these ig photos- like do you have a sticker on your door or something so you just know exactly where to hold your phone? :D:emoji_fist:
All good though, always sick pics.
Yep I feel like there was like 10 grey based cws around this time. It's just that hit of orange though that changes up the dynamic imo.
Seriously, every day I'm like, yeah I'm gonna rock something else, and then I just grab these and put them on.
hahahaha na man that's just where my foot naturally sits when I open the door. I lean out with my left hand and take 6-8 pics real quick and then scroll through and pick the one I want. The trick is to go lower than you think you need to so you're even with the shoe instead of looking down t it. Use edit to zoom in and it's done. Takes 2-3 minutes total.

hahahaha na man that's just where my foot naturally sits when I open the door. I lean out with my left hand and take 6-8 pics real quick and then scroll through and pick the one I want. The trick is to go lower than you think you need to so you're even with the shoe instead of looking down t it. Use edit to zoom in and it's done. Takes 2-3 minutes total.
Don't let Jason fool you... this is what his setup looks like for every shoe pic.

Attachments

• prom-dress-photoshoot.jpg
    prom-dress-photoshoot.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 438
Yes a bit, they should definitely get them LC just to be sure. Not getting the original receipt is a bit odd, maybe they had some reason for it. I was just saying the way it was packaged is usual for Japan.
Oh for sure I get what you are saying. I spoke up because was looking to buy from japanscramble as well but the receipt part scared me off.

No idea tbh. It was initially said somewhere these would be Size? exclusive but later it was dismissed. I think there is a good possibility that these still may be though as Size? has their 20th anniversary this year, has a strong presence in both cities and may well try to secure them as they seem to have a calendar full of exclusive pairs from various brands. In the UK there aren't too many national retailers outside of the JD Sports group which from what I last heard owns JD Sports, Size?, Offspring and Footpatrol.

Yeah thats fair. I assumed Size? would have them, Hopefully they are not too hard to get and I can get my mate to drop in and see if they have my size! Thanks!

A bit of info for yall tossing shade on my man Sam's "McDonalds" AM1s. He made them as a client order for McDonalds, who wanted them as a prize for some event in the fall of last year. Sam is a legit passionate craftsman, that makes great quality bespokes. I've hung out with him at his studio, and he's an absolute ace of a dude - humble, hard-working and friendly. If anyone here is looking to do a bespoke AM1, different than what is available with the options at Mercer, I highly recommend him.
If anyone has a viewpoint that any bespoke/custom etc is a fake...I don't agree, but i definitely respect the opinion. As far as "outside nike" bespoke makers are concerned, vijz is as good as it comes. Much respect to him. I feature his creations often on my bespoke appreciation ig page.

Shameless plug

Ig @bespokebynike

If anyone has a viewpoint that any bespoke/custom etc is a fake...I don't agree, but i definitely respect the opinion. As far as "outside nike" bespoke makers are concerned, vijz is as good as it comes. Much respect to him. I feature his creations often on my bespoke appreciation ig page.

Shameless plug

Ig @bespokebynike
He does very good work, for sure. But it's not a "Bespoke by Nike." :tongue:

He does very good work, for sure. But it's not a "Bespoke by Nike." :tongue:

Not a bespoke by Nike (ie Mercer) - but each, Mercer and private bespoke makers, have their pros and cons. Nike obviously have more custom options for outsole and air units. Private bespoke makers are unlimited in terms of upper materials, both in options and quality, and they can also make alterations to the actual built (ie if someone wants to add a zipper or something like that). Only Mercer will make an actual Nike product, per say - which matters to some. Each have their place, in my opinion.

Not a bespoke by Nike (ie Mercer) - but each, Mercer and private bespoke makers, have their pros and cons. Nike obviously have more custom options for outsole and air units. Private bespoke makers are unlimited in terms of upper materials, both in options and quality, and they can also make alterations to the actual built (ie if someone wants to add a zipper or something like that). Only Mercer will make an actual Nike product, per say - which matters to some. Each have their place, in my opinion.
Oh for sure. I was just joking about his ig handle.

Fakes are copies that purport to be real.

Bespokes that use nike soles/misoles and then build a bespoke upper and announce that to the world are not.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

Bespoke makers using real Nike soles, and other parts are not fake. I agree, they also have the ability to get material superior to what Nike sources and can use things Nike wouldn't. There is no such thing as Nike Leather, pony hair, etc. So other than select parts, which you can source from donors, they are legit to me.

One another note, do longevity come with extra laces, cards, etc.?

in addition, i do admire the fact that with outside nike bespoke makers (vijz is the only one i would use, just to be honest), there are basically unlimited possibilities with materials. licensing etc etc is no issue either. vijz shape is the most consistent outside of nike.

Finally had these show up today. Love the materials on them, few imperfections but not much I can do about that. For some reason though they feel like they fit different to all my other AM1s. Kinda wish i went up half a size. Still an awesome looking shoe though!
ACAD5CFE-3875-4790-A0FF-F44D059DF3A2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom