THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Since the OG's were actually burlap not hemp, and the canvas on the new upper IS hemp (according to nike's own description)... the new retro actually has more hemp than the og, lol.

Attachments

• hemppppp.PNG
    hemppppp.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 299
Grabbed my pair from the local Concpts store as they had plenty in stock. They fit more like the Concpts and Patta pair in Length but are just slightly more narrow. Stuck with the same size as my Patta and Concpts and I'm happy with the fit. I also tried a half size up just to make sure and they were just too long so stick with your normal size.
This is more helpfull than another picture off the same shoe.. would like to know this about the denims too. IMO the Crepes should have been darker colored like the OG pair.

WOW! Surprisingly I actually got a W on SNKRS for the Crepe Hemps (8UK, 9US) in the UK. My first ever W on a retail pair on SNKRS. After entering payment details I was in a queue and thought no way am I getting them and 2 mins later I got them. I believe my size sold out a min or two later as I had also asked my bro to try and cop a pair for me but he was unable to as they had sold out. I cannot wait to see these in hand. I like them but they will never compare to the OG's.

Taking another look at the duck pack and it just occurred to me that the tongues aren’t piped. I can’t say it’s a deal breaker but definitely a disappointment for what looks like decent material AM1s. That style of tongue, when it’s not the exposed foam like Kasinas, just looks cheap.

Duck on the heel is nice though.
A8C06ACF-15A8-4362-B06A-DF8541DA50C5.jpeg
9B653EE7-0BEA-48DB-99C4-8288798A3B46.jpeg

No? I like when they mix up the heel embroidery every once in a while. Smiley face on the Have a Nike Day, large swoosh on Atmos Safaris, Ben Drury Hold Tight radio waves, Treelines have Nike Air Max, and I’m sure there’s more I can’t think of off the top of my head.

EDIt: I forgot Kasinas. More ducks 🦆 🦆

Last edited:
I don’t need multiple beige/brown pairs. I’d like to get both in hand and see which I prefer. But I’m sure as soon as the Hemp Crepes arrive I’ll get weak and wear them :lol:
Crepes are sitting at a few boutiques. Nike is being hush hush about the Ducks but we will probably get them before the end of the year. I will see what the market does with the hemps before pulling the trigger.

I feel like they can be had under 180 for sure.

Last edited:
Crepes are sitting at a few boutiques. Mike is being hush hush about the Ducks but we will probably get them before the end of the year. I will see what the market does with the hemps before pulling the trigger.

I feel like they can be had under 180 for sure.
Indeed. I’ve got a 20% coupon from the NBY safari delays. If they move Crepes to NDC I’ll see if the code applies.

Taking another look at the duck pack and it just occurred to me that the tongues aren’t piped. I can’t say it’s a deal breaker but definitely a disappointment for what looks like decent material AM1s. That style of tongue, when it’s not the exposed foam like Kasinas, just looks cheap.

Duck on the heel is nice though.
A8C06ACF-15A8-4362-B06A-DF8541DA50C5.jpeg
9B653EE7-0BEA-48DB-99C4-8288798A3B46.jpeg

EASILY my favorite AM1s of the year. I’d pay the premium for these, TBH… but I’ll wait to see what the MSRP is.

EU stock must be way lower than US stock.
It’s sold out everywhere here (both UK and EU). Took my L on SNKRS and there has not been any restock since.
Was lucky and found a pair online at the end of the day after they put the pairs that didn’t sell in store, the last 12 they had.
Hope they’re as nice as the beauty shots for that price!

Back
Top Bottom