THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Ya know I really got a love hate relationship with nike at this point and I would love to hate on em if I could but these are just undeniable. It's really just an amazing ****ing shoe, quality is crazy. They're really doing something with these. Don't sleep on this round.

And I'm not really a sizing guy, all my AM1s are true size and I never had a problem. Currys are probably the only one I can feel a difference. But these are probably one of the loosest fitting AM1s I own, and they're really comfortable especially with how stiff they feel in hand. I think sizing up is a mistake.

5e6d7c86-90b7-4cd3-96eb-c915387c400f.gif
💯

Ya know I really got a love hate relationship with nike at this point and I would love to hate on em if I could but these are just undeniable. It's really just an amazing ****ing shoe, quality is crazy. They're really doing something with these. Don't sleep on this round.

And I'm not really a sizing guy, all my AM1s are true size and I never had a problem. Currys are probably the only one I can feel a difference. But these are probably one of the loosest fitting AM1s I own, and they're really comfortable especially with how stiff they feel in hand. I think sizing up is a mistake.

5e6d7c86-90b7-4cd3-96eb-c915387c400f.gif
Man that Nubuck looks 🔥. So you are saying they run loose? Can you compare them to last year's safaris which ran tight... Maybe it's because these don't have that thick mesh tongue.

Man that Nubuck looks 🔥. So you are saying they run loose? Can you compare them to last year's safaris which ran tight... Maybe it's because these don't have that thick mesh tongue.

I never even considered that the safari nbys ran tight until I saw people post about it here. They feel fine to me tts. So maybe I'm not the best judge. Like someone mentioned earlier, the length is good, if anything it'd be the width that's the problem. Which makes sense cause I guess technically these are womens sizing, which tend to run a little narrower than men's. The size tag on the shoe is women's sizing.

I never even considered that the safari nbys ran tight until I saw people post about it here. They feel fine to me tts. So maybe I'm not the best judge. Like someone mentioned earlier, the length is good, if anything it'd be the width that's the problem. Which makes sense cause I guess technically these are womens sizing, which tend to run a little narrower than men's. The size tag on the shoe is women's sizing.
Appreciate it. How's the tongue? You did nubuck correct? I wanted to do white, but they only got leather.

Appreciate it. How's the tongue? You did nubuck correct? I wanted to do white, but they only got leather.

Love the nubuck tounge, just adds to the quality imo. I can see why there's no white nubuck options cause this is the type of nubuck that's gonna pick up every bit of dust and dirt not to mention color bleed from other parts of the shoe. Seems like it would be difficult to clean too. I think white leather will be fine on small parts like tounge or swoosh, I've used it on a few designs.

I credit my strong will to Nikes mock up/rendering photos… They look like rubber Airmax 1 ultras. theyll look better in hand, but that’s basically what is saving me.
Have you seen some of these pairs coming in.... that Nubuck cut looks thickkkk. Those renderings are trash, but now that you can see pairs in real life, you know what to expect.

Last edited:
. But these are probably one of the loosest fitting AM1s I own, and they're really comfortable especially with how stiff they feel in hand. I think sizing up is a mistake.
Best post all year.
100 reps
Sidenote: ModernMade ModernMade tounge I think you should use anything but leather if you are NOT doing whiite.
Collar and Tounge have to be Leather if you want white and all my tounges are white.

I might order a pair, but I should resist because then I'll sell shoes I like and have just to justify these because it's the shiny new toy. I'll get lost in the sauce making and purchasing these new CW's that might not even see the light of day because then I'll have too many and don't want to mess them up...sorry for the rant....
No apologies necessary. I'm in the same predicament. I've limited myself to between 25 and 40 pairs since doing a BIG sell off of my collection a couple years ago. Problem with that is, back when I had over 100 it was easy to find 10 or more pairs I could part with. Now that I'm below 40 every pair is very intentional and thought out so it's harder to pick. Also, the resell game is down which is GREAT😃 but that also means selling isn't as easy or profitable especially when you're not a hypebeast. So I have to sell more to cover new pairs or wait longer and miss a release waiting for something to sell. I want an ID but that means something has to go and I don't know what. I'm liking how these are turning out over the dunk NBY that I just received but dblplay1212 dblplay1212 has me feeling guilty doing a return now 😕 .....😁. So many decisions 🤦🏿‍♂️

this is definitely one that I want and probably top 3 AM1 for me. Could easily go to the aftermarket but I like to chase my grails and buy in person if I can. Got the Atmos 95s in a dope trade, but never been able to catch these in the wild no pun intended. Got close but was always a size off
Yeah man, I know the feeling. Told myself I'd slow down, then dblplay1212 dblplay1212 posted those safari IDs. Which I copped, and then seeing those purple by yous and how nice the Nubuck is, copped 4 pair and have 3 more in the cart 😡

Last edited:
Making some designs, really makes me realize that I wouldn't be a good Nike designer, I see one design I like and I just change the swoosh that's about it smh....
Aye this facts.....I think we grossly misunderstand how tough it is to do a colorway let alone design a sneaker. To us it seems like they can make whatever they want so why not make something better. But from the limited accounts I've heard their experience isn't too far from this where they have a limited time and limited options (albeit still more expansive options) to do the best they can. I really applaud a lot of y'all for the designs you guys are coming up with. I wish SNKRS or their IG account had a contest for best ID with a prize or something like a tour of the campus and trip to the campus store.

Yeah man, I know the feeling. Told myself I'd slow down, then dblplay1212 dblplay1212 posted those safari IDs. Which I copped, and then seeing those purple by yous and how nice the Nubuck is, copped 4 pair and have 3 more in the cart 😡
Yeah, that nubuck is waaaaay better than expected. I was expecting cement 4 nubuck. I know that's durabuck but I wasn't trusting Nike. But that purple pair has me on ID too.

No apologies necessary. I'm in the same predicament. I've limited myself to between 25 and 40 pairs since doing a BIG sell off of my collection a couple years ago. Problem with that is, back when I had over 100 it was easy to find 10 or more pairs I could part with. Now that I'm below 40 every pair is very intentional and thought out so it's harder to pick. Also, the resell game is down which is GREAT😃 but that also means selling isn't as easy or profitable especially when you're not a hypebeast. So I have to sell more to cover new pairs or wait longer and miss a release waiting for something to sell. I want an ID but that means something has to go and I don't know what. I'm liking how these are turning out over the dunk NBY that I just received but dblplay1212 dblplay1212 has me feeling guilty doing a return now 😕 .....😁. So many decisions 🤦🏿‍♂️
Haha na man if you don't like them and want something else, just return them. You didn't order 10 custom shoes with plans to return 9. And even if you did, **** me lol. My opinion means ****.

Back
Top Bottom