THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

What ruined it for me was not just the fact that the safaris were done... But it was that none of the employees knew anything. As soon as I walked in I saw another line and I asked what was it for... They said it was the SNKRS store. I said is this where I go to buy the custom tee's they said yes... I waited 35min some girl is walking around with an iPad saying these are the shoes we have available.. Straight GR they will be on sale soon. With the exception of those purple Zero's for women.

Then I ask where are the tee's? They said over there. I'm like am I on the right line? They were like yea cuz it wraps around the floor.

WHAT THEY WERE POINTING AT... Were the different lines for the posters, Kith Treats, Penny Souvenirs, and Jason Markk cleaning sections.

I guess I'm a lil salty cuz if I would have been on the right line from jump I would have left with my shirts.

Now I have to go back.... SMH

im sure theres a lot we're not seeing.  i dont think its as fantastical as one being good at seeking out shoes.  these "masters" have to have a connect somewhere down the line.  heads in here who we respect are good at finding ish, but this is on another level.  8 pairs in the world, and they have them?  thats not like they flew into said location and waited for them.  correct me if im wrong, but theres def more details to their collection than is glorified. 

i mean dude from mexico just started 6 years ago.  how do you become a master of air and have that type of collection in 6 years?  either a lot of money, or a lot of knowing the right people.  

nonetheless, like you, it makes me want to seek out quality stuff.  or the very least, jump on quality releases instead of passing because i think they'll sit. 

i feel like they all work for/with/close relationship to someone inside nike. the one cat is the owner/backer @ overkill correct?

i feel like they all work for/with/close relationship to someone inside nike. the one cat is the owner/backer @ overkill correct?
yeah iceberg seems to have some link with overkill.   i mean youd have to in order to be the owner of 4000 sneakers, one of which is the heijn or whatever that the rest of the masters are looking for.  

just feel like this doc is a lot diff than "just for kicks" in that the contrast of just kicks was more about the culture whereas this is about culture but also the market of culture.  dont know if that makes sense, since just kicks did have a thematic consistency of industry titans.  
Thanks to everyone providing input regarding air max con. Im tryin to plan this out to avoid some of the headache Saturday.
headache is inevitable.  i shouldve planned this for solo dolo rather than take my newbie friend.  i thought it wouldve been a nice intro for her to see how passionate we are about this.  instead its just going to be resellers and people who only care about hype.  i just want to stand in front of the vote back, just take a deep breath and exhale.  

Well I bought all the htm shoes at kith. So the Hiroshi got me a gold bracelet for today, the tinker for tomorrow and the mark for Saturday. I just walked right in at 1:50, went to the wall got the pairs I wanted, did a few laps and left. But the madness that came in after me was insane. People were thirsting for the safaris. 12 sold out fast, then 15. By 2:30 I don't think there was a size over 11. My guess is that if you walked in past 3 to buy something you wanted (safari or zeros), they were gone.

So the gold bracelet that cane with your HTM purchase at kith allowed you entry before the space opened at 2? That's a cool thank you gift for buying a pair but I have no interest in the HTM collection or anything that nike will probably be selling at the space. So i guess I'll be waiting on line.

Now if they had a system for raffling or to preorder some of the vote back models like the simple white/grey baby check 1 that would be a whole different story

Last edited:
also ins't stevey friends with fraser cooke?
yeah.  not categorizing any of them with the likes of sabathia, jay z or victor cruz, but its in a similar vein.  these so called sneaker head celebs get first dibs on everything because of their connection in media.  ish like that pisses me off because you have some really deeply rooted fans in here that work 1000x harder than cameron or clark kent, yet get 10% of the sneakers theyre looking for while these idiot celebs just text their agent or PR rep to get a fresh pair of grails. 

http://www.jimmyjazz.com/mens/footwear/nike-air-max-1-prm-sneaker/512033-203?color=Natural

FSR available

Last edited:
yeah.  not categorizing any of them with the likes of sabathia, jay z or victor cruz, but its in a similar vein.  these so called sneaker head celebs get first dibs on everything because of their connection in media.  ish like that pisses me off because you have some really deeply rooted fans in here that work 1000x harder than cameron or clark kent, yet get 10% of the sneakers theyre looking for while these idiot celebs just text their agent or PR rep to get a fresh pair of grails. 

yeah its beyond frustrating but i guess it is what it is....

cats in here copping bespokes because they love the shoes so much speaks volumes to how deep the passion towards the air max is to a select few members

the anwser for this is just ebay and a lot of networking in the sneaker community nothing more and nothing less and btw iceberg is not the owner from overkill cuz overkill is located in berlin and iceberg is living leipzig, the only guy that got a secret connect is iceberg, i have him at my friends list on FB and he told me one time that the knows a guy from china that is working in a Nike sample factory that got him a lot of the samples that he now is owning

Last edited:
Found a power seller on eBay that just posted up the kumquat safaris for 150 shipped. Full size run from 8 to 15 except for the sz 10 I just grabbed. Cheapest I have found so far so anyone interested should take the leap! On mobile right now so can't post the link unfortunately

how early did you get there, and was your evaluation on air max day influenced by some purchase?
^ I got there around 1:15 and got inside around 2:45 or so. I didn't buy anything from there, but did score an Air Max pin from voting, a poster, and the KITH cereal. Didn't feel like waiting in those long lines after I'd already been in a really long line (also not the biggest fan of Safari 1s).

Kinda unsure if I wanna go to air max con tomorrow don't really feel like waiting around in them long lines with all them resellers and hypebeasts :lol:

^ I got there around 1:15 and got inside around 2:45 or so. I didn't buy anything from there, but did score an Air Max pin from voting, a poster, and the KITH cereal. Didn't feel like waiting in those long lines after I'd already been in a really long line (also not the biggest fan of Safari 1s).

Exactly what I did. Minus the cereal and I got there at 1.

Wow! 5 amsterdams, 4 kid robots including the friends and family, 3 atmos, all the pattas... I mean damn

Last edited:
Got there at 11:30 and was able to snatch the two safaris and the glass box

It wasn't hard. If they were super swamped, the guy @SingledOut directed me to didn't hint to it. I just gave him a ball park figure on when I wanted to come, told him I wanted to knock 2 out. He suggested coming on back to back days, I agreed. We set the dates...1,2,3.

copped these earlier from Undefeated, they look way better on foot. But theyre bigger than i expected so not tts

Back
Top Bottom