THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Unfortunately, the sizing is definitely different from my OG Reds. Length seems to be the same but the toebox has too much room. They look/feel like the Flyknit isn't as tightly woven/knit as my other pairs.

I agree...I wish I would have waited for these iDs to come in before I ordered my pattas....now Im sure those will fit big too. It's really weird how much room there is and it sucks we can't return them and make them again.

Oh well, just gonna wear thicker socks I guess hah

your USA design looks the best imo

Thanks. They're really just a mix of the OG Obsidian AM1 colorway (which is probably my all time favorite shoe) and the AM1 USA's. I always loved the contrast of the navy mudguard and red from the outsole on the toe of the obsidians.

I agree...I wish I would have waited for these iDs to come in before I ordered my pattas....now Im sure those will fit big too. It's really weird how much room there is and it sucks we can't return them and make them again.

Oh well, just gonna wear thicker socks I guess hah

It definitely sucks. I had a feeling it was a toss up after seeing how some of the flyknit turned out on the OG Reds. I actually went through three different pairs in store when I first grabbed them so I could pick out the best of the lot. That said, future purchases will be limited on these. Too much of a gamble. Some pairs sit well and others have far too much material on the toe box which makes them look wicked sloppy.

Who minds telling me their opionions on the flyknits? Been had my eyes on the red pair since they released. Watched a couple reviews and YouTube and I think I want to pull the trigger. But before I do I want to get NT opinion. This my first time in this thread by the way.

If you have a garment steamer, use it to mold the Flyknit to your foot. I haven't tried this method on AM1s but it's helped me on other Flyknit models

Who minds telling me their opionions on the flyknits?
Utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter cheap c**p. They are beyond H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S.
If Chinese reps companies had come up with these atrocities then everyone would have been like :x :x :nerd: :rofl: for 5 pages.

Been had my eyes on the red pair since they released. Watched a couple reviews and YouTube and I think I want to pull the trigger. But before I do I want to get NT opinion. This my first time in this thread by the way.
Buy what you like.

If you have a garment steamer, use it to mold the Flyknit to your foot. I haven't tried this method on AM1s but it's helped me on other Flyknit models

I actually thought about it on my iD's just to help with the excess knit.

I remember when Nike had the "steam lounge" back in 2012 when the Lunars first came out. Never tried it on my other Flyknit models.

Who minds telling me their opionions on the flyknits? Been had my eyes on the red pair since they released. Watched a couple reviews and YouTube and I think I want to pull the trigger. But before I do I want to get NT opinion. This my first time in this thread by the way.
I love mine. Damn near all I've worn since buying them. Everyone I've seen itt that actually bought them has said the same. There's always going to be people that hate and usually those are people that don't even own them and have nothing to base their opinion on. Give them a shot and I feel confident you'll like them.

Last edited:
I love mine. Damn near all I've worn since buying them. Everyone I've seen itt that actually bought them has said the same. There's always going to be people that hate and usually those are people that don't even own them and have nothing to base their opinion on. Give them a shot and I feel confident you'll like them.

Yeah I think I'm going to get them. I just want to know what the quality is like before I buy. Haven't been able to see them in person yet.

i love mine as well, be mindful of the way the flyknit is on the toebox. Two of mine look good but my third has a funky lump on the toe. I am going to try the steaming thing when i get around to it, but it isnt really that bad.

Yeah I think I'm going to get them. I just want to know what the quality is like before I buy. Haven't been able to see them in person yet.
I walked into Finishline last weekend and a guy in his mid 40s came up and asked want they were. He remembered the AM1 but had never seen the flyknit. He put his Adidas back and had them order him a pair of AM1 flyknits.

Finally was able to pick up my white dddddeluxes today. Minor reshape in process, then I'll post photos. I'm really happy with them!

Wow! Just steamed my am1's and the toe box bulge is gone. Fit a lot better too, thanks for the tip. :smokin

Tried the flyknits at local Nike and needed to go .5 up. My tts was cramped at the toe box. Anyone else go up .5?

I know this colorway is used way to much but I couldn't pass on ID'ing them...

Utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter cheap c**p. They are beyond H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S.
If Chinese reps companies had come up with these atrocities then everyone would have been like :x :x :nerd: :rofl: for 5 pages.
Buy what you like.

Dang, you done broke out the 22 "utter's". HA!

You seem mad as hell about some AM1 Flyknits. lol

Last edited:
First saw these awhile ago here but didn't know they had released and I believe was not in the US.

I know most dont care about these new cws/essentials but I think they are dope.

I'm normally a sz 12 but only sz 13 was available, it is pretty long in the toe but not bad.

Back
Top Bottom