THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I was going to say 250-300. I think 500 is a bit OD for those imo
yeah i agree 500 is too high.  id spend 350 at most.  if i was dropping 500 on shimas, id rather shell over another 100 or so and try for some nds atmos b or some powerwalls.  but everyone got diff goals. 

Last edited:

yeah.  me and @Mrphist  saw a pair of brown shima shima go for like 300.  so the low end is def possible.  
Still bummed we missed out on those 
mean.gif

I'm a Yankee fan so those Shima Blues are on my grail list. I don't want to miss on a ds pair in my size over $50 so going to pull the trigger at $400. Not sure if I'll ever come across them again. Now just gotta pray they don't crumble when I put them on.

Need help with pricing. I can't find a pair of the 2003 Shima Blues that have sold anywhere online. What's a solid price for a ds pair these days? I like and want them but I don't want to pay something without knowing if I'm in the right ballpark.
i think $250-$350 is more realistic tho, $500 is just straight up extortion imo
mean.gif

no one is that dumb to gonna buy them from him for that price

Last edited:
I'm a Yankee fan so those Shima Blues are on my grail list. I don't want to miss on a ds pair in my size over $50 so going to pull the trigger at $400. Not sure if I'll ever come across them again. Now just gotta pray they don't crumble when I put them on.
bring him down.  theyve been sitting for a grip. respectfully, and i mean respectfully lowball him. try and reason with him that these will continue to sit, so your offer is a good one. 

Go try on a GR pair - I went TTS with them. Whatever you do for GR flyknit, do the same for iD. They will have the right width and length but they will appear to have some extra material in the toebox area.

You'll be able to fix it in 5 minutes with a steamer. I might make a tutorial for my next iDs that come in - assuming the safari print will fit the same.
I have a pair of flyknits but I just wanted to make sure getting the same size would work because I remember yous talking about them running big.

bring him down.  theyve been sitting for a grip. respectfully, and i mean respectfully lowball him. try and reason with him that these will continue to sit, so your offer is a good one. 
Man I've been trying for weeks and he won't come below $400. Hell he was at $425 until today. $350 is probably the right price but like I said I don't want to miss on a top 5 shoe for me over $50. Just going to bite the bullet.

I have a pair of flyknits but I just wanted to make sure getting the same size would work because I remember yous talking about them running big.
If you're cool doing the steam trick, go with your regular size. I just boiled a pot of water and held the toe over it for about 2p seconds and then put them on. They fit like a glove now. I was honestly amazed out how well they came out.

Damn I need to do some bespokes, scooped these of a fellow NTr not too long ago for a good price, wish the shape was better but dont we all on most of everything, nice shoe though IMO

Yeah I like em too. Of course better shape and mesh toe is always preferred. But a sweet wear regardless.

Super happy to finally pick these two up! Been looking for both in DS condition in my size for a very very long time! Just happened to get these two weeks apart on the Bay which is crazy to me!!

Realized my pic is horrible so here is what they look like in decent pics... Lol

Last edited:
I need those Obsidian. Have come close to paying resell lately. Anyone know where else will get them?

I called Politics about those Obsidian. He said they weren't re-released. He said they just got their Nike account approved for online sale and had 2 pair of the Obsidian in small sizes left in backstock so they put them up. Looks like Hypebeast bit on that.

I called Politics about those Obsidian. He said they weren't re-released. He said they just got their Nike account approved for online sale and had 2 pair of the Obsidian in small sizes left in backstock so they put them up. Looks like Hypebeast bit on that.

Good to know. They looked identical to the 2013 pair. No piping on the tongue, thicker mesh, shape etc. I'm really hoping we don't see them again until Nike fixes the AM1 shape.

The toebox on my 2013 pair is incredibly stiff compared to older AM1's.

Last edited:
Good to know. They looked identical to the 2013 pair. No piping on the tongue, thicker mesh, shape etc. I'm really hoping we don't see them again until Nike fixes the AM1 shape.

The toebox on my 2013 pair is incredibly stiff compared to older AM1's.
You say that as someone that as a pair. I don't have a pair. I was geeked that they were re-releasing them today. Toebox be damned.

You say that as someone that as a pair. I don't have a pair. I was geeked that they were re-releasing them today. Toebox be damned.

I do have a pair and they were pretty easy to get when they dropped. My comment wasn't coming from an elitist angle though. I meant that I'd rather see Nike hold off on another obsidian release until they fix the overall shape. If rumors are accurate, we're only 6 months away from the updated silhouette. I'd rather wait for Nike to get them right. The AM1 obsidian is one of my all time favorite shoes.

Last edited:
I do have a pair and they were pretty easy to get when they dropped. My comment wasn't coming from an elitist angle though. I meant that I'd rather see Nike hold off on another obsidian release until they fix the overall shape. If rumors are accurate, we're only 6 months away from the updated silhouette. I'd rather wait for Nike to get them right. The AM1 obsidian is one of my all time favorite shoes.

A "remastered" version ure sayin..?

Man I was just busting your chops bc I was salty over not getting a chance at em. And yea I wasn't really into sneakers back in 2013. I'm a complete newb to the game. I'm catching on quick though.

i too will wait.  ive been back and forth about the patch paris' as a placeholder to the obsidians, but this is even a glimmer of a hope, i will continue to wait and avoid copping patches. 

Back
Top Bottom