THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

These look great. Especially the whites. But you watch, all hose cats then hyped the Independence Day joints won't look twice at these.

this is truth.  thats why i cant stand stand nationalistic/patriotic branding.  again, just my opinion, and the slight difference sounds silly but: obsidians... freaking amazing.  usas... garbage.  i guess just as that little nuance can make some of you love it, it also makes me hate it. 

Just got an email from Nike saying that my USA NikeID AM1s have been delayed another 3-4 weeks. However, they said they would "refund my order as soon as it ships". Does this mean I'm getting it for free? :nerd: :lol:

I want to mimic the Supreme AM1s the best that I can with the new Flyknit AM1 ID options. Should the toecap be white with black safari pattern or wolf grey with black safari pattern. Based on the Nike ID page, the white looks closest IMO. (White is the image below)

I also got the delay email but only a $50 refund. When I asked why I only got $50 and some got the full refund they lied and told me nobody got a full refund so I told them to have the elite team contact be because I didn't wanna talk to people who were just gonna lie on chat. I feel like NikeiD has been especially trash lately when it comes to owning up to their mistakes.

I want to mimic the Supreme AM1s the best that I can with the new Flyknit AM1 ID options. Should the toecap be white with black safari pattern or wolf grey with black safari pattern. Based on the Nike ID page, the white looks closest IMO. (White is the image below)

Order both, and find out which one you like more. I'll do the same once the ebates CB is high again.

Tips on how to break these things in without having them crumble? They seem to be firm but I have no clue as I've never bought an old pair before. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Now I get an email that my order has been cancelled.. So not sure what to believe anymore.

@dblplay1212  looks like a pair of lawn mowing shoes dude.  
tongue.gif
  real talk tho, nice pick up.  im jelly.  some of the seasoned heads on here might be able to shed light, but from what ive learned, if a sneaker is old, it has an affinity to crumble.  wearing them before they begin to break down just slows the process, but if they were meant to crumble, theyre going to crumble.  its like GH use and predisposition of hair loss or thinning.  GH doesnt directly make you lose hair, it just accelerates the natural occurrence as it was going to happen anyway.  

@supremexheat  SCs?  freaking straight heat dude.  
eek.gif

@dblplay1212
 looks like a pair of lawn mowing shoes dude.  :tongue:   real talk tho, nice pick up.  im jelly.  some of the seasoned heads on here might be able to shed light, but from what ive learned, if a sneaker is old, it has an affinity to crumble.  wearing them before they begin to break down just slows the process, but if they were meant to crumble, theyre going to crumble.  its like GH use and predisposition of hair loss or thinning.  GH doesnt directly make you lose hair, it just accelerates the natural occurrence as it was going to happen anyway.  

@supremexheat
 SCs?  freaking straight heat dude.  :wow:
Haha appreciate it man. I'm a Yankee fan so this was a must cop for me. As for breaking them in, you're probably right. I just didn't know if there was a trick to help them out, like maybe some humidity or something idk. The sole honestly feels just like a new one. The air bags looked cloudy when I got them but it was just dust that cleaned off easily with a wet paper towel. Hopefully at worst the glue holding the sole to the upper comes apart and I just have to glue it back. If the actual sole crumbles I'll cry bc I haven't seen one with the same color blocking. I can get close but identical.

Spoke to Nike customer service, my USA Flyknit AM1s are now cancelled instead of "delayed and refunded" like they told me earlier :smh: :smh: :smh:

Rock em, see what happens. That's all you can do.

Good luck [emoji]128077[/emoji]
Haha I'm too scared to right now. I guess I'll have to wear them around the house to see what happens. Don't want to wear them out and have them go to hell while I'm out.

Last edited:
Complete fail with this project, i give up ha. Tried everything to remove the midsole, boiling water, just pulling it apart and finally acetone. It messed it up completely.

Back
Top Bottom