THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Those courderoy AM97 by Westherspoon are trash. Colorway doesn't work. Idea is nice but trash colors B

this is what shoegallery does after they short the raffle pairs.

And because of the hype Nike back on top just like that, bet that just gets you more mad salty from striking out
mean.gif
you got it all wrong man.. Atmos, OG's, Masters hype does not put "Nike back on top". It just makes AirMax's relevant and hyped at least till the end of the month. Come back to this thread April 8th to see if its as live as its been this month. 

This isn't a "celebration" of a shoe, it is not a holiday, it's a marketing strategy. This company doesn't give 2 damns about the AM Enthusiasts that couldn't obtain or has to pay 3x retail to obtain these sneakers. They got you talking about them, for better or worse it doesn't matter to them. Hell, you want to get back at them? Voting ironically for an unappealing shoe for next year won't help. Just stop caring about these releases. Let them pass you by and say to hell with AM Day I promise you will survive. If enough people that have complained here and on social media did that NIKE would take notice and resellers couldn't make their come up. I don't see this happening though...we aren't built for that kind of sacrifice "sneaker heads " gotta take what NIKE gives us. That's why we are their ultimate hype men and women. Even when we get **** on we still promote them.

This isn't a "celebration" of a shoe, it is not a holiday, it's a marketing strategy. This company doesn't give 2 damns about the AM Enthusiasts that couldn't obtain or has to pay 3x retail to obtain these sneakers. They got you talking about them, for better or worse it doesn't matter to them. Hell, you want to get back at them? Voting ironically for an unappealing shoe for next year won't help. Just stop caring about these releases. Let them pass you by and say to hell with AM Day I promise you will survive. If enough people that have complained here and on social media did that NIKE would take notice and resellers couldn't make their come up. I don't see this happening though...we aren't built for that kind of sacrifice "sneaker heads " gotta take what NIKE gives us. That's why we are their ultimate hype men and women. Even when we get **** on we still promote them.
QFE

And because of the hype Nike back on top just like that, bet that just gets you more mad salty from striking out :smh:

you got it all wrong man.. Atmos, OG's, Masters hype does not put "Nike back on top". It just makes AirMax's relevant and hyped at least till the end of the month. Come back to this thread April 8th to see if its as live as its been this month. 

True, but come April then it's JB's turn to make a killing. Hope everyone eats on them Royals tho, then everyone is happy :smokin

Agreed. I was in the middle of typing something akin to that we should protest Nike somehow but it looked silly when I went to hit submit. It's over man. We made this bed and thus we must fluffy the pillows. When the sneaker game became a hustle is when it all went to ****. And now this limited release everything to keep our brand in the news and in the public attention span is gonna make things worst. Yes I'm upset I couldn't cop but you know life is still good. There will be other kicks to cop. But until we amass the power we have as the consumer, we will be subject to this crap: making it hard to spend your money on things you want.

Who am I kidding, by April Ima be shopping for a pair on eBay or goat or stockx for the low

Nike should've given last year's atmos voters an earlier chance to cop or randomly reserved pairs for some of the voters. 
They did in The Netherlands (And probably the rest of EU, idk bout that) but I didn't see the mail on time and lost it. 

Message (translated):

REWARD
[table][tr][td]Thanks to you the Nike Air Max 1 Atmos Elephant is back. 
Soon available in limited numbers. 
As a special reward you were selected from last years voters. 
Get them before the shoe is actually released.[/td][/tr][tr][td]The rules[/td][/tr][tr][td]We will keep your pair until 9:00 am (17 march), so be there on time. 
Select 'Keep me notified' and insert your phone number and size. Keep track of your phone, because you will be notified when it becomes available for you.[/td][/tr][/table]
Talked to Nike chat after and they told me it was guaranteed you would be able to buy them if you were on time.

Last edited:
nice congrats

I used paypal too, but L for me on NDC

hard to keep up with this thread, but you're the 1st W I see on NDC draw

It would be interesting to create a poll to see how many folks in this thread took a L or W on NDC

because all I see here is a lot of L, and so few W, but mainly not from NDC

Thank you. I think I've seen 2 or 3 others who got a pair on NDC. Definitely not very many. Hope there's a restock on AMD so more people can their pair to wear.

Woke up at 4 am for my local to do fcfs where no one was allowed camp in front of the store till 6 am. It got crazy when people starting lining up. So they made it a raffle and I got lucky. Struck out snkrs so I feel lucky I was able to cop today...

This was the system we had in Toronto for Footlocker until 2009 - Last shoe was the Space Jams. You have a window to pre-pay Js...not pre-order. And when the day of release come, you just get your pairs throughout the day.

Was working very well, no line ups and what not. You can double up easily and big stores get allocated more inventory and smaller stores are not stuck with pairs that they then have to transfer to bigger stores later on.

FL stopped the practice as they wanted the hype of people lining up...creating news...noise...all for marketing. They prefer havoc than a organized and peaceful system
mean.gif

Nike and all these big companies don't care...all they care are themselves...their image...and the marketing they get...good and bad
@xxx dOubleO xxx, yup, we had the same system in Montreal up until Space Jam XI. I got White/Red XII and SJ that December.

The good 'ole days: imagine getting a XI/XII pack, no lineup, no hassle nowadays!

Last edited:
For the record, Nike lied about where the ultra 2.0s were being stocked i need nyc. not that it matters but the running store in flatiron has them.

any of you guys won the SVD raffle and know how to order?  It says available for purchase at 3:30pm ET in the email but nothing still.

Agreed. I was in the middle of typing something akin to that we should protest Nike somehow but it looked silly when I went to hit submit. It's over man. We made this bed and thus we must fluffy the pillows. When the sneaker game became a hustle is when it all went to ****. And now this limited release everything to keep our brand in the news and in the public attention span is gonna make things worst. Yes I'm upset I couldn't cop but you know life is still good. There will be other kicks to cop. But until we amass the power we have as the consumer, we will be subject to this crap: making it hard to spend your money on things you want.

Who am I kidding, by April Ima be shopping for a pair on eBay or goat or stockx for the low

Totally stealing the quote "...thus we must fluffy the pillows" if it's ok with you. Lol awesome stuff!

Someone throw this up on twitter/ig with #BoycottAirMaxDay. If you can get that trending it might at least turn some heads. 

@ShotsRangOut   I'm looking at you... You have the fire in your gut. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom