THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I think you're lucky.

Mine have some very deep creases at the usual flex points
Do you use shoe trees?
Of course I do. But I find that the IKEA ones don't fill the toebox nearly as well enough as it needs to alleviate the creases.

Even tried using my cedar shoe trees for my dress shoes. still no success

Honestly, I've never cared about creases. but it's interesting how some have had better luck with them.

Of course I do. But I find that the IKEA ones don't fill the toebox nearly as well enough as it needs to alleviate the creases.

Honestly, I've never cared about creases. but it's interesting how some have had better luck with them.
Yea that's odd.

I just came across a pair of the atmos in my sz for 350$ and the seller claims worn only 3x but the toe box creases look more like they're the OG's than the retro.

same pairs must have better leather than others for sure.

I just came across a pair of the atmos in my sz for 350$ and the seller claims worn only 3x but the toe box creases look more like they're the OG's than the retro.

Im calling lies on worn 3x, his IG has 2 separate wears [emoji]128514[/emoji]. That toe box is mad creased

Being late to the game, I feel I lost a lot of GOAT.
Huarache ID Atmos

Black cement AM1s.

I tried a size 10 in the air max jewel which is my normal size for air max 1s but when walking there was too much heel slippage smh

I've worn mine a dozen times and I have no creases. That tumbled leather holds up well.
im sure there are many factors that go into whether a shoe creases for a specific individual.  proportions of feet from heel, forefoot, toes, facia etc plus how a person walks with their gait, strike, flexion/extension pronation vs. supination can play into it as well.  i wear my 87s on the roomy side because im prob a true 9.25.  with that said, mine tend to crease more than not, except when im doing some ill toe push walking. 
tongue.gif

if i can remember correctly, @dblplay1212  said you were on the larger size of your TTS?  if so, that, and having  wider than D feet could also retain some structure and assist in mitigating creasing.

it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between people wearing on one side of TTS and whether they have more or less creasing.  

Last edited:
im sure there are many factors that go into whether a shoe creases for a specific individual.  proportions of feet from heel, forefoot, toes, facia etc plus how a person walks with their gait, strike, flexion/extension pronation vs. supination can play into it as well.  i wear my 87s on the roomy side because im prob a true 9.25.  with that said, mine tend to crease more than not, except when im doing some ill toe push walking. 
tongue.gif

if i can remember correctly, @dblplay1212  said you were on the larger size of your TTS?  if so, that, and having  wider than D feet could also retain some structure and assist in mitigating creasing.

it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between people wearing on one side of TTS and whether they have more or less creasing.  
I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

your gait and strike probably have quite a bit to do with it but I think foot proportion takes the cake here.

My right foot is bigger than my left. While I know this happens naturally, I broke a tarsal a long time ago and it never fully healed. As a result, it's higher volume than my left and I have to size based on my right foot. All this to say, my left shoe typically has more room and I always find my left shoe creases harder or faster than my right.

im sure there are many factors that go into whether a shoe creases for a specific individual.  proportions of feet from heel, forefoot, toes, facia etc plus how a person walks with their gait, strike, flexion/extension pronation vs. supination can play into it as well.  i wear my 87s on the roomy side because im prob a true 9.25.  with that said, mine tend to crease more than not, except when im doing some ill toe push walking. :tongue:  

if i can remember correctly, @dblplay1212
 said you were on the larger size of your TTS?  if so, that, and having  wider than D feet could also retain some structure and assist in mitigating creasing.

Na I'm between 10.5 and 11 and went 10.5 in the Phants.

atmos/elephant AM1 TTS?
I wear an 8 in FKR, AM95, AJ1 & AJ3 (for reference).

$450ish sound right for resale? :x
i been trying to find a pair at/under 400

I love my Black pair.
They are tough to get on for me (shoe opening is small) but once they are on they are super comfortable. I actually don't own any other AM1's but I plan to try and get OG blue's...not sure if the comfort is the same.

Back
Top Bottom