THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I have a friend that works in a sneaker boutique in LA. This was the best one out of the stock he had. All tongues had that dye/bleeding effect on them. This was one of 3 pairs of size 10 they had in their shipment.

i dont think thats dye bleeding. the reason most of them had that was because of the red stitching from the logo embroidery under it. look like they used thinner white nylon on the tongue patch.

I think it's harder than you think...

Actually, I know it is for a fact.

Harder in the fact to create a pair that everyone thinks is dope and would "cop"

But what is the point of the bespoke- to make a pair everyone wants, or to make a pair for you?

You think you can go in there and cook up a master piece in 2 hours without getting too excited like a fat kid in a candy store? I went in with a gameplan, totally got fat kid eyes when I went in there and got carried away. I looked at the end of my appoitnment render and had the balls to tell the designer I hated it. Wasted 2+ hours on something I didn't like. Luckily the dudes were mad chill and liked my wife and I and allowed me to start fresh since there was no one booked after me. I was in there for nearly 4 hours. Yes simplicity wins in my eyes - but you don't want to just go in there and make an OG layout and swap red for a different color and call it a day. You want to put your stamp on it, make it look clean but also know you utilized the 450 options AND made it worth $1,000 (for yourself, not someone else).

As long as the designer is happy, that is all that truly matters. It's damn near impossible to make a bespoke that EVERYONE loves.

I do plan on going back within the next few months to make my second pair, and the only reason I really haven't gone sooner is because I'm already second guessing my "gameplan" ha...
I'm going in there and making chloro pattas without the mini swoosh. It'd take 10 min.

More Bespoke
a1.jpg
a2.jpg

a3.jpg

It seems like they're more concerned with the toe than the overall shape. The toe looks great though.

I see people trying to add all these different materials and patterns and colors together that dont look good, I guess you want it to look special but doing the most makes it look gaudy.

Ok, so skulls came in today! Overall I'd say pretty good despite typical nike QC (slightly uneven nape of suede in a few small parts, slightest traces of glue also in a few spots) The only thing that is bothering me is I'm not sure if there's a noticeable difference in each shoes toe boxes or not.
I took a few (crappy) shots but it almost seems like the stitching from the mudguard right at the front of the toebox/toecap is pulled back and sits higher on the right shoe but after measuring both mudguards seems to be 1inch from stitching to toe cap. What I believe is the real issue is is that while both have the new (old) shape the right shoe seems to have a bit of a lower and slimmer profile in the toe box area while the left has basically same shape but just sits a bit higher almost like it's stuffed.

20170905_165444.jpg 20170905_164747.jpg 20170905_164626.jpg 20170905_164448.jpg

Attachments

• 20170905_165444.jpg
    20170905_165444.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170905_164747.jpg
    20170905_164747.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170905_164626.jpg
    20170905_164626.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
That's obviously the trap. You go in wanting mint chocolate chip and they talk you into adding sherbert on one side and peanut butter on the other. Then you go back after snapping out of what ever daze they put you in and you go back in for that original mint chocolate chip

Reactions: Ube
IMG_7510.PNG
So this guy is selling "restock" pairs already? And for 300?? I really do hope they're going to be GR's

I might invest in a pair.

I like the Ultra & Lunarlon versions better though.

Order from NDC on release date (if not a sellout) and resell for the fun of it

If it happened to be super GR, I will just drive to outlet, return, and buy a legit pair on the cheap.

Can't wait to have my pair in, pretty confident in stockx (how some of yall have bought them after me and already about to have them in hand?! lol)

Back
Top Bottom