THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

better view
20180120084434_original.jpg 20180120084438_original.jpg 20180120084431_original.jpg 20180120084442_original.jpg

Not gonna lie....I kind of regret buying the OG obsidians. The ones above were the colorway I actually wanted. I just didn’t think they’d actually come out with those.

I think if Nike keeps this pace up with so much great commercially released models, 2017-20xx will be the new "golden era" of the model. I never bought so much Air Max 1s in my life, lol

I think if Nike keeps this pace up with so much great commercially released models, 2017-20xx will be the new "golden era" of the model. I never bought so much Air Max 1s in my life, lol
I agree, but it’s going to be hard to say

Golden era?! Come on! When u started to collect? I‘m < 10 years now! My ever best pair was from 2003! I think the best era was from 1997-2007!
I‘m sure some heads here will teach us bout the best era!

But with 2017... we have to be thankful!!!

Golden era?! Come on! When u started to collect? I‘m < 10 years now! My ever best pair was from 2003! I think the best era was from 1997-2007!
I‘m sure some heads here will teach us bout the best era!

But with 2017... we have to be thankful!!!
I'm collecting since about 2000. I also need to say that my taste is probably a bit different from most people, because I don't really like flashy models with animal prints or collabs just for the sake of collabs. My favorite Air Maxes I used to own at some point were the Grey and Black mesh OG's that were produced during 99-2004ish and the Wings and Waffles Air Maxes.

So I've been around during the time people describe as the "best era of the model". I do agree with that sentiment for the most part but if they continue like they did in 2017 and onwards it will be the best days this model has seen at least for me.
I mean, look what they did with the snow beach silhouette - they released a Nike shoe with proper leather, proper shape, good craftsmanship and even an eye to details like using the nylon from the jackets! All that and it wasn't some hyped up release (although it was released kinda shoddy at first) with a couple of thousand units but a general release! It doesn't get much better than that!

Back
Top Bottom