THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I mean, when you create a shoe, using aspects of classic Air Maxes, there are going to be similarities.

There's not much wiggle room if that's the shoe you're trying to make.
You're right.

Imo there's a big difference in approach in this pair using aspects of classic different air max models and this pair.

Again...and always imo

It's all a big cycle anyway. Bespokers regurgitate ideas, so does nike.

AM1 Evolution of Icons. (3-26)
29291B0B-A296-418D-814C-D4375BA28FEB.jpeg
97CF4D1E-1953-49F5-8637-D49D881B8CBB.jpeg
2D69F8B7-7DAF-40C5-9567-6E70B5A6BF3B.jpeg
67323910-4599-4102-9808-B8C3E811D3B0.jpeg
55B60A28-2116-4DCD-B718-C0A75A22BAA5.jpeg
First pic I was like “oh s***!!”
kept scrolling and was like oh........s***”.
No thanks.

The white on white mini looks really good. The rest of the upper is just too mismatched for me and then the strip on the midsole just makes me mad. But that white on white mini is dope.

Nike has done the raw tongues, pre fabricated aging and slightly deconstructed looks before as well. Then off white makes it take off, now more regular releases contain those elements. So, yep

(Not to compare Virgil with random bespokers.)

Just saying that most ideas are borrowed from somewhere.

It's not only the particular features, it's how their executed as well.

Bespoke consultants had weekly meetings with nsw discussing what folks did with their pairs. Not surprised to see an influence at all.

Now when it comes to virgil, nike def took all that **** and ran with it lol. Wotherspoon as well, among others im sure. I think if anything nike has taken notice of the busy, non-traditional colorblocking, clashing/contrasting themes that come out of bespoke and most collabs these days. Even seeing those trends they rarely come out with stuff like this on their own which is why I like em. I just dont think its biting when they're doing it with design elements THEY created 20-30 years ago. They did something similar 4-5 years ago with masters and what the 95s, its not new for them really, they just dont do it in house that much.

Now when it comes to virgil, nike def took all that **** and ran with it lol. Wotherspoon as well, among others im sure. I think if anything nike has taken notice of the busy, non-traditional colorblocking, clashing/contrasting themes that come out of bespoke and most collabs these days. Even seeing those trends they rarely come out with stuff like this on their own which is why I like em. I just dont think its biting when they're doing it with design elements THEY created 20-30 years ago. They did something similar 4-5 years ago with masters and what the 95s, its not new for them really, they just dont do it in house that much.
I was going to use the masters as example of my point earlier. I didn't because there's a difference between using an air max 1 as reference for the masters and this shoe using multiple silhouettes for inspiration.

When you say:

"I think if anything nike has taken notice of the busy, non-traditional colorblocking, clashing/contrasting themes that come out of bespoke and most collabs these days."

You are reiterating my point exactly.

Man, the Air Max Days look great. I love the idea and think it’s executed extremely well. Would absolutely love a pair but they’ll be an impossible get. Not saying I won’t try but have zero faith in SNKRS like anybody should.

Obsidian LV8 sizes 8-12

Buy the item on the app and use code FEATUREAPP to get 15% off

These new jack sneaker wannabe collectors hating on clots are the same dudes slurping crappy releases these days. Shoes have backstories, histories and details. You don’t like it, move on, maybe start collecting something else!!!

backstories, history?!? So what! As long the shoe looks like ****, I give a **** what’s the story behind em.

Back
Top Bottom