THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but those LV8's were some of my favorite AM1 GR releases in a while. Nice simple anniversary style color blocking with decent quality and the mini swoosh was a cool accent, though the shape could have been better. Wish Nike would do another round of those with more CW's.
These were my introduction to the AM 1 world after solely buying AM 90s. They did a great job with these.

IMG-2795.jpg

love em

Finally got an “Almost Done” email this morning for my 05/23 order.

Same… need that to turn into shipping asap. I’ll be in the city I shipped em to next weekend, going to be sad if they aren’t delivered before I leave again for a few more weeks.

Have you painted swooshes before? If so, how many layers, do you apply a finisher, and do you experience any fading, scuffing, or chipping?
I have dabbled around a bit with painting different parts of shoes with a varying degree of results.
I will apply a finisher to theses swooshes and just wear and find out how they age. I dont believe these will fade chip or scuff. I applied two light coats and the color covered quite well on the light safari pattern.
I will be doing the same for my next pair that’s coming in and have a cool idea that will involve painting again for my fourth pair if Nike does another round .

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but those LV8's were some of my favorite AM1 GR releases in a while. Nice simple anniversary style color blocking with decent quality and the mini swoosh was a cool accent, though the shape could have been better. Wish Nike would do another round of those with more CW's.

couldn’t agree more fam. i hadn’t bought a pair of AM1s in like 3-4 years and pretty much liquidated my collection until the LV8s came outs

last summer, i was giving some former students a walking tour of uc berkeley’s campus. i was wearing my old *** QS varsity blues. long story short, the uppers detached from midsoles and **** was clappin like a round of applause with every step. i walked over to the skate shop and saw the green LV8s. first time i’d ever walked out of a store wearing what i just bought. stupid mini swoosh got me aroused. but after that, i was back in the damn AM1 game.

Back
Top Bottom