THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The write-up Nike has on SNKRS for the Big Bubble is kind of peculiar noting they "only" released 400K of the original BB. Even in recent years, 400-500K is considered a large release. Sure some holiday 11s have been 1M, however, that's not large, that's enormous. But calling 400K small, esp back then seems very odd; and that was the initial release. I wonder how many shoes they were producing for GRs back then...like maybe the Pegasus? Anyway, just sounded a bit out of place and not very believable.

Woke up and saw that the BBs dropped. Was hoping to double up, but lawd the time zone difference here in HI makes it damn near impossible to buy sneakers online. I guess the locale offsets that though. :lol:

Glad a lot of folks were able to eat. :pimp: :pimp:

Been an expensive week for me... :lol:

PXL_20230317_233425991.PORTRAIT.jpg

Hold up! I know that’s not you in here scrambling and tricking off for a pair :nerd:. This only proves my point. All that capping and bashing just for you to turn around a buy a pair at the first chance lol. Jokes on you buddy :lol:
Scrambling? lol I hit a button. I don't hate the shoe. I doubt I wear them, I prefer 2017 and still have pairs left, but I always said I'd buy a pair for collection purposes.

I haven’t been on NT much lately. dblplay1212 dblplay1212 You don’t like these too much, or what’s up? Personally, the bigger bubble makes the sneaker look a little off. But still love it overall. Same with the yellow midsole on White Cement 3s. Don’t like that one detail but I can still enjoy the sneaker overall.
I don't hate it, I just prefer the 2017. If the 2017 didn't exist or if they were 15 years old and close to death, I'd settle for a bunch of 2023, even if i dont love them. That's not the case though so I'll have the one pair and keep it moving.

pwguy pwguy - I think we'd also have to consider the historic skepticism of a visible Air unit at that time in the past as well as it being 100% new. The releases we have today in production numbers of 300k-400k have been for shoes that have cemented itself into the brand that it's guaranteed to move well.

Also, Nike uploaded this video.

Exactly. They released that many back then.

Oh wait, I read your post again. Sorry, not enough sleep last night and this time change still messing with me :lol:

I think the Air Maxes were one of the new flagship running shoe lineups, so maybe they were also looking into creating a huge abundance like the Pegasus line at that time.

Since they look to NT to get a pulse on what we want and they can obviously make big bubbles again, I’m starting a campaign for an Air Max Burst retro.

Would love a Burst retro! But where was this energy to match toolings for 98 TL and the Air Max 96?! Hopefully the 86’ BB is a sign that there is hope for other models.

Happy I got through the shock drop today.

I'm one of those that get the weird camel toe/bump effect on the anniversaries so I'm hoping these are a little wider or more like an am90 toebox.

All other Grs from the last few years - don't do that for me. Curries and the grey JDI were my favorites. (Fit tight like the recent IDs) Although it was so hard to find those JDIs I had one and wore them well for years. I'd probably trade these for those lol.

I think about how some of those colorways are unlikely to ever release again.

Excited either way.

The write-up Nike has on SNKRS for the Big Bubble is kind of peculiar noting they "only" released 400K of the original BB. Even in recent years, 400-500K is considered a large release. Sure some holiday 11s have been 1M, however, that's not large, that's enormous. But calling 400K small, esp back then seems very odd; and that was the initial release. I wonder how many shoes they were producing for GRs back then...like maybe the Pegasus? Anyway, just sounded a bit out of place and not very believable.
Irresponsible verbiage to say the least. 400k was a monstrous amount for a brand new shoe, coming out of a relatively brand new company and priced at 75 bucks. (which was a fortune back then.)

If you read between the lines, they're basically telling us that they'll be more than 400k pairs.

Imo

Irresponsible verbiage to say the least. 400k was a monstrous amount for a brand new shoe, coming out of a relatively brand new company and priced at 75 bucks. (which was a fortune back then.)

If you read between the lines, they're basically telling us that they'll be more than 400k pairs.

Imo

I'd be surprised if they released that many. Do we know the QTY of the infrared 90s from 2020? I'm thinking similar to that.

I'd be surprised if they released that many. Do we know the QTY of the infrared 90s from 2020? I'm thinking similar to that.
I think the numbers on those were very large as well. Enough that anyone that wanted a double, triple, quadruple up, could've done so at retail easily. In some cases, promo codes allowed for a below retail purchase.

I don't claim to know numbers. I used to work at Nike (not retail) and Nike NEVER gives release numbers on non numbered items.

But it would not surprise me if 400k more or less was accurate for this release.

Back
Top Bottom