THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Air Max Day 2022 Blueprints for today. I personally think these are underrated

F20FE992-87E0-4843-A153-8CAF5631D3B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Those Chili retros may be my fav drop of '23. Have a personal preoccupation with black/red and my Obsidian pair is dusted at this point, so they'll get a ton of wear from me.

Def makes up for me missing out on the Live Together, Play Together pair from a few years ago.

I’m doing my best to deal with all these wild and absurd takes and opinions on these compared to the 2017 but one I just can’t seem to get from under my skin is the criticism of the rounded toebox from the top down view on the 86 vs the narrow, pointy/off-putting non OG look from a top down view of the 2017 ‘87. I guess y’all prefer your shoes to resemble that of an elf, but not me. Guess I’m in the minority on that. The 86 clearly has a more natural rounded toe box that correctly resembles the look of most 80s/90s running shoes. My Pegasus 89, Skylon II, AMIIIs and even AM97 for example all have that same rounded toe box from a top down view which I for one have always appreciated about Air Maxes and that look is why I fell in love with old school 80s running shoes in general. Look, I love all my 2017s (and all my recent AM1s) , they’re a great retro for sure but if there was one criticism I had (and it’s not the only one) it was always the pointy toe box from the top down view. It’s a fact that Nike got that wrong on the 2017. The OG ‘86 AND OG ‘87 AM1 both had that same rounded, stubby toe box from a top down view. Whoever’s out here railing against that detail is honestly crazy to me and basically a part of the problem when it comes to Nike thinking they can get away with not getting the details right. They’ve done them wrong for so many years and gotten away with it for so long that fools really think that’s how they should look which is sad, to me. I’m convinced some in here with these “opinions” just got into shoes and Air Maxes within maybe the last decade, tops. 86 clearly looks better from this top down view.
98493BAD-EF00-4B31-9DC2-634A27B966DB.jpeg

I’ll say this and I’ll let y’all have it. I could never be the fool dying on the hill of hating on the design of original Nike Air Max shoe. I’m too much of a sneaker historian and enthusiast to do that. That’s like clowning the original Air Jordan 1 to me. Just a testament to the wild times we’re living in though. Lies and misinformation spread faster than the truth. Crazy how everyone in here who is bashing/hating on this and nit picking that on the 86s are the same folks that somehow finishes their sentence with “I’m still going to copp a pair”. Must be two sides I guess.
People and the brand itself melded the lines between form and function throughout the years. Nike definitely pivoted towards the fashion lane the past decade or two, hence the once performance-based shoes lost all it's performance.

I'm not made about the round toe, its more natural to the foot and more close to the OGs. It's a win-win for the purist, it's once again a performance shoe just based on the toe alone. Now the air bubble, that's another convo in terms of performance :lol:

Y’all should just be happy regardless… if you want a dosage of retro pain, here is what Nike did to my beloved flyknit racer for its 10 year anniversary.

From this……
1CE8E4CE-B7EA-440C-9057-C1F7B0AB5B21.jpeg

To this…..
9C9D09E7-DE5D-4AD2-B104-D6A32E459908.jpeg
Man that's dirty. That's two of the best knits Nike has ever made though. I'd love an am1 flyknit with either knit. That'd be amazing.

Got a feeling big bubbles gonna be one of these feast or famine releases. Either win

5 raffles + SNKRS

OR

No raffles + no SNKRS FOR YOU!

Honestly, why can’t Nike just keep the same look and make these more comfortable.

Like surround the air bubble in zoom X or something.

Y’all should just be happy regardless… if you want a dosage of retro pain, here is what Nike did to my beloved flyknit racer for its 10 year anniversary.

From this……
1CE8E4CE-B7EA-440C-9057-C1F7B0AB5B21.jpeg

To this…..
9C9D09E7-DE5D-4AD2-B104-D6A32E459908.jpeg
Nike tell me where any of this makes *** sense?????? So much for ‘move to zero’

Back
Top Bottom