THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

There's been talks about the laces on these NBYs.... not sure if it's been specifically been said... are they the same as the ones used on the Safaris?
Honestly the worst laces that ever came on a pair of shoes that I own. If you don't have the same color replacement lace, you mine as well order them now because they are bad!

Honestly the worst laces that ever came on a pair of shoes that I own. If you don't have the same color replacement lace, you mine as well order them now because they are bad!
Lmao. Yea just googled sundial flat laces and nothing. Guess I gotta find a light orange pair

Yeah, your pair is blue and came out great.
1692870251320.jpeg

These look purple. And wouldn’t be what I wanted. Ultimately this could all be avoided if Nike just showed more accurate rendering. Of course that’s asking for too much. They like people taking the gamble.
Man, I really like these.

Quick snap before work

Here’s the Light Ultramarine in the Velvet option for the liner next to the AM97 NBY’s Game Royal.

IMG_7505.jpeg

An accurate representation of Light Lemon Twist is like the Yellow on the LeBronald Palmer 9s IRL
IMG_7507.jpeg

Fireberry is like a Deep Pink like on the Union 97s
IMG_7509.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick snap before work

Here’s the Light Ultramarine in the Velvet option for the liner next to the AM97 NBY’s Game Royal.

IMG_7505.jpeg

An accurate representation of Light Lemon Twist is like the Yellow on the LeBronald Palmer 9s IRL
IMG_7507.jpeg

IMG_7509.jpeg
Also light lemon twist...
(Lighter parts on the upper, the darker is actually volt)
20230726_143526.jpg

Quick snap before work

IMG_7505.jpeg

IMG_7507.jpeg

IMG_7509.jpeg
Post one of the 28 pairs you made, you always have good concepts

For all the lace questions:

The laces I’ve grabbed for my AM1s - only tried Sail and white before. But will be grabbing black for my NBYs coming in probably to replace the factory ones.

Stepace [2 Pairs Flat Shoe Laces for Sneakers 30"-72" Length 26 Color Shoelaces https://a.co/d/eLC1vfp

I like 54” for a sz10. Some people lace shorter and prefer 45” I think around that size. I bought both and compared before returning the 45 previously. Easy returns with amazon.

Nah I should've added context lol. When he mentioned Slovenia... that reminded me of a conversation I was having about AM1s and thinking they are bigger out in Europe than here stateside
Lol yeah not based on Slovenia - but stateside. I think we can leave it at that.
Any Bespoke pairs you got on that roster....man....what's the story about the Pinks? Just curious, gotta learn something new everyday
Nah never have paid for bespoke. I am not very creative.

Pink Glaze dropped in 2017. As far as I know one store in Slovenia got them, and maybe rumored one in Germany. They were a women’s release, that just disappeared and for someone like me who likes to collect crazy rare stuff, they were a grail. I think I know of about 5-6 pairs in peoples collections.

I’ve bought the stepace laces as well from Amazon. But, I lace all the way up and they offer 45” which is a bit short for all the way up and 54” leaves too much extra. 51” is a good length but I can’t find single sets anywhere yet. Also haven’t tried that hard.

Nike iD tip:

Order your iD with the funny colored laces even if you want simple ones (white, black, gray, sail)

That way you don't have to stress to match the sundials, fireberrys and light ultramarines of the world.

Too Easy to get a great pair of white etc etc laces.

Back
Top Bottom